Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fengwei

Recommendation For A Decent Sound System.

Whats with u guys with WAF? Theyre paying for it ah?

Next time, bring THE Wife for auditioning! I got some strange couples who tried to pair POD Speakers (4 ohm rated)

with a prestige defTech center speakers (8 ohm rated)

Is 685 comparable with RX1? I think not. MA sounded too hollow for me. i prefer a full bodied amplification & guitar plucking

must resonate as clear as metal to glass. RX1 power handling is only 80W (6 Ohm rated). Even B&W's M1 satelitte speakers packs

a mighty punch at 100W (8 ohm rated)

So the 685 is altogether a different class. The B&W M1 speakers have a great WAF. Do check it out.

Then again, its just my opinion.

cheers

Haha....thank you once again....

WAF cos i dun want to listen to her "speaker" more than the real speakers. Down the road, she will complaints this and that la. If she approved, she will shut up as long as the thing is there....lol

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Haha....thank you once again....

WAF cos i dun want to listen to her "speaker" more than the real speakers. Down the road, she will complaints this and that la. If she approved, she will shut up as long as the thing is there....lol

haha... i brought my wife to test the speakers. initially test the MT30, but after she hear the CM, she was sold on the CM5! (so was i actually)

the only problem now is the CMC... dunno where to put, and its BIG!

we are thinking of having a ceiling mount projector, we like the clean look in the living, so no console in the centre, only the CM5 on L & R side.

chuck the receiver, dvd/bluray, settop box at the side or back of living rm

Heronspring: i haven't decided which receiver yet... hopefully can get something about 700. yamaha maybe?

hi guys,

what do you guys think of this setup? Definitive Tech Pro Cinema 800 paired with Onkyo TX-SR508? I had initially considered the infamous bose system, but decided to join the dark side.

Will TX-SR608 be a better purchase, and allow me for possible upgrading in future? aka, a better investment in the long term? I will be using it mainly for movies and some music.... not an audiophile, but just want a hts to reward myself.

thanks in advance....

rick

haha... i brought my wife to test the speakers. initially test the MT30, but after she hear the CM, she was sold on the CM5! (so was i actually)

the only problem now is the CMC... dunno where to put, and its BIG!

we are thinking of having a ceiling mount projector, we like the clean look in the living, so no console in the centre, only the CM5 on L & R side.

chuck the receiver, dvd/bluray, settop box at the side or back of living rm

Heronspring: i haven't decided which receiver yet... hopefully can get something about 700. yamaha maybe?

Between the MT30 & CM series, have you audition the 600 series? At least the center speaker (HTM61 or 62) is not that large.

cheers

hi guys,

what do you guys think of this setup? Definitive Tech Pro Cinema 800 paired with Onkyo TX-SR508? I had initially considered the infamous bose system, but decided to join the dark side.

Will TX-SR608 be a better purchase, and allow me for possible upgrading in future? aka, a better investment in the long term? I will be using it mainly for movies and some music.... not an audiophile, but just want a hts to reward myself.

thanks in advance....

rick

Bro

You could go for the newer yamaha receivers. http://www.yamaha.com/yec/AVENTAGE.html

Or the Onkyo 708 at least. DefTech 800 is a superb overall system. If have budget, change the sub to

either a SVS, Velodyne or paradigm.

cheers

Bro

You could go for the newer yamaha receivers. http://www.yamaha.com/yec/AVENTAGE.html

Or the Onkyo 708 at least. DefTech 800 is a superb overall system. If have budget, change the sub to

either a SVS, Velodyne or paradigm.

cheers

Hi there... thanks for chipping in.

Can u elaborate on why 708 will champ the 508, given my very basic listening needs.... movie or music. Any idea of the 708 cost? i read on the net that it is still relatively new... aka new release.

Which yamaha receiver will u reccommend based on my simple need?

Thanks very much!

Hi there... thanks for chipping in.

Can u elaborate on why 708 will champ the 508, given my very basic listening needs.... movie or music. Any idea of the 708 cost? i read on the net that it is still relatively new... aka new release.

Which yamaha receiver will u reccommend based on my simple need?

Thanks very much!

3 most important features that the 708 has over the 508.

1) Power = 110 W vs 80W

2) DCDi upscaling. If u possess a OPPO80/83 BR player, then just get the 508

3) 508 has only 2EQ, which means it doesnt do the subwoofer calibration for u

Just sent u the Yamaha link. Check it out.

cheers

Hi

I am new to his forum and also HTS. Read all the previous posting....and also some review on AVR

Could someone advise me is it okay if I go for

Onkyo 608

OPPO BDP-80 Blu-ray Disc Player

What speaker should I go with? Can I reuse my 2 bookshelf speaker Dynaudio Audience 50?

I am thinking of buying a complete set for my new house since my AVR is gone sometimes and I do not have any subwoofer.

But how can I deal with my Dynaudio Audience 50, and also centre and rear Sound dynamics speaker?

If my budget is $3K, what should I get? Prefer a compact sound system. Please advise.

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. After reading through all the posts, i am not sure am I getting more knowledgeable about HTS. :-)

I am moving into a new house and is in search of a HTS. I am convinced not to get a HTiB after reading all the posts here and decide to get separate components for the HTS.

Does anyone know how much does a B&W MT-30 costs? And which receiver is best to go along with it?

I am using the HTS mainly for movie.

Thanks

Hi

I am new to his forum and also HTS. Read all the previous posting....and also some review on AVR

Could someone advise me is it okay if I go for

Onkyo 608

OPPO BDP-80 Blu-ray Disc Player

What speaker should I go with? Can I reuse my 2 bookshelf speaker Dynaudio Audience 50?

I am thinking of buying a complete set for my new house since my AVR is gone sometimes and I do not have any subwoofer.

But how can I deal with my Dynaudio Audience 50, and also centre and rear Sound dynamics speaker?

If my budget is $3K, what should I get? Prefer a compact sound system. Please advise.

Hi

Dump the Dynaudio & get a brand new set up. A few bros in this forum are owners of Deft Tech Procinema 600 or 800.

It's well within your budget. Do audition it.

cheers

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. After reading through all the posts, i am not sure am I getting more knowledgeable about HTS. :-)

I am moving into a new house and is in search of a HTS. I am convinced not to get a HTiB after reading all the posts here and decide to get separate components for the HTS.

Does anyone know how much does a B&W MT-30 costs? And which receiver is best to go along with it?

I am using the HTS mainly for movie.

Thanks

Hi

Smart move to avoid HTiB. Avoid Soundbars as well. Theyre only good for room conditions. Wow factor is applicable for its neatness but

when it comes to sound quality, its more WOE factor.

MT-30 sets u back around $3.6K plus without receiver. If u think along the lines of Yamha or Onkyo amps, you wont go wrong.

cheers

Hi Vic, I am pretty new here. But I do keep track of this thread from time to time and I decide to take the plunge to KEC yesterday.

I have bought the following:

1) Front and rear Definitive 600 speakers and woofer

2) Definitive 1000 center speakers

3) Onkyo 608 AVR....

I went to tried a few system at KEC yesterday and I am pretty impressed by the Definitive speakers.....

Hi Vic, I am pretty new here. But I do keep track of this thread from time to time and I decide to take the plunge to KEC yesterday.

3) Onkyo 608 AVR....

I went to tried a few system at KEC yesterday and I am pretty impressed by the Definitive speakers.....

Good on u! Just enjoy your new HTS !!!

*soundbar is crap*soundbar is crap*soundbar is crap*

Good on u! Just enjoy your new HTS !!!

*soundbar is crap*soundbar is crap*soundbar is crap*

Thank Vic. But i still cant enjoy my system as my home is not yet renovated. My next buy will be a TV liao.....keke.

3) Onkyo 608 AVR....

gd choice for your speakers. any reason why not the 800 speakers and wat sub are you taking?