Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
keet

Relocate Condo Aircon

I am going to get the keys of new new condo unit and I haven't signed the handing over yet, i.e. still haven't submitted the defects list.

I am planning to do some ID works for my new condo unit but there are 2 big aircons in the middle of the living room frontal wall. If I relocate the aircon units, would the developer bear the cost/ allow such relocation? Would the aircon warranty be void? Should I even bother about the warranty, cos my ID can do the rewiring and relocation for me.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I am going to get the keys of new new condo unit and I haven't signed the handing over yet, i.e. still haven't submitted the defects list.

I am planning to do some ID works for my new condo unit but there are 2 big aircons in the middle of the living room frontal wall. If I relocate the aircon units, would the developer bear the cost/ allow such relocation? Would the aircon warranty be void? Should I even bother about the warranty, cos my ID can do the rewiring and relocation for me.

- Wait long long for developer to bear cost.

- Pipes/trunking, electrical wires all already consealed, want to break them?

-Aircon men will charge you for copper coil replacement as well as coolant refill. Think thrice!

Edited by bepgof

- Wait long long for developer to bear cost.

- Pipes/trunking, electrical wires all already consealed, want to break them?

-Aircon men will charge you for copper coil replacement as well as coolant refill. Think thrice!

Haha. Ok forget the point about developer bearing the cost. Say I ask the main con to do it, since they are the original installers (or is it the aircon suppliers?) Will the warranty be void then? Is the warranty worth not shifting the aircon?

How much would relocating 2 outlets roughly cost assuming the walls are about 5m apart?

The condensate drain pipe is embedded into the cement screed floor/ wall. Condensate flows by gravity. It is not so simple, and may require hacking of floor tiles/ walls. Just for relocating aircon, u want to void waterproofing/ tiling/wall crack warranty?

Indoor units are typically situated so that the condensate pipe length is minised. This is to avoid chokes, which are very common if the horizontal run is long and has very small gradient.

Indoor units are typically situated so that the condensate pipe length is minised. This is to avoid chokes, which are very common if the horizontal run is long and has very small gradient.

Oh!

So that is the reason.

I thought they want to save material :P

Haha. Ok forget the point about developer bearing the cost. Say I ask the main con to do it, since they are the original installers (or is it the aircon suppliers?) Will the warranty be void then? Is the warranty worth not shifting the aircon?

How much would relocating 2 outlets roughly cost assuming the walls are about 5m apart?

u have to wait long long for main con to do it also. main con will be bz up side down handling the defect for whole development. and is the air con sub-contractor who install the air-con, not the main contractor.

i just relocated my aircon unit today. i moved it about 1.5m away. cost $550 for concealed including chemical wash, cheapest i could find. the rest quoted me $700-$750. if you don't mind exposed piping, it's only $250 per unit.

loads and loads of hacking, gosh it was soooooo dusty. didn't know it's so lei-che.

i just relocated my aircon unit today. i moved it about 1.5m away. cost $550 for concealed including chemical wash, cheapest i could find. the rest quoted me $700-$750. if you don't mind exposed piping, it's only $250 per unit.

loads and loads of hacking, gosh it was soooooo dusty. didn't know it's so lei-che.

They had to hack the wal and re-do all the pipings? Can give me the contact of your contractor please?

They had to hack the wal and re-do all the pipings? Can give me the contact of your contractor please?

Did you see any Pipes/trunking, electrical wires?

If not, mean all these are conceal in the wall.

You want to relocate aircon. Those pipes/trunking, electrical wires no need to shift ar?

Not everything is wireless.

Relocating a FCU is not like moving table.

You failed to understand what I've said "consealed", pipes, trucking....after that still need to "make good" to location where FCU originally sit. Once a mirror is broken, no matter how strong the super-glue is, one will see the "make good" marks!.Paint's tone is another issue.

Edited by bepgof

I see. Then how come Honeygal managed to do it so cheap. $550 to hack, relocate and make good?

1. Can ask Honeygal for lobang, hope situations the same as your.

2. If distance is "far" away, can you image the hacking! Hack open "old", hack open "new", cover up "old"....

3. Drainage pipe work by gravity is another issue, plan the routing first.

Edited by bepgof