Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Amy Choon

Fans Of Afc (asian Food Channel)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

haha, ngunadi.. when i saw the rubbermaid food saver you posted some time back, i had wanted to check out the creative living in harbour front cos i know that place stock a lot of rubbermaid items. i will go there every sat to send my kiddo for classes. i forgot last week and then now you bought it already.. aren't you fast!! there's a discount! alright, done, i'm going to get it tomorrow! woohoo~~

haha, ngunadi.. when i saw the rubbermaid food saver you posted some time back, i had wanted to check out the creative living in harbour front cos i know that place stock a lot of rubbermaid items. i will go there every sat to send my kiddo for classes. i forgot last week and then now you bought it already.. aren't you fast!! there's a discount! alright, done, i'm going to get it tomorrow! woohoo~~

Actually, I didn't buy it. I was in the area to meet my fren and scout at same time.

Most probably, I will get from amazon. It's cheaper :)

ooh? how much cheaper? so you going for group buy?

Amazon price is US$9 for few sets. Adding the exchange rate + delivery cost, at most it will be $30 max (assumption).

Since, there are few others who want to buy, it makes sense to do group buy.

Amazon price is US$9 for few sets. Adding the exchange rate + delivery cost, at most it will be $30 max (assumption).

Since, there are few others who want to buy, it makes sense to do group buy.

keep us updated!

Hey all,

I made calculations on charges based on vpost, for purchase of the produce saver from Amazon, and an estimate of 8 units

No. of packages = 8

Chargeable Weight (kg) = 2.95

Min. Chargeable Weight (kg) = 23.6

Shipping charge calculation:

Base Charge = $13.40

Weight Charge = $169.92

Discount (only applies to Base or/and Weight Charge) = $18.33 (10% for DBS or UOB credit card)

Fuel Surcharge = $23.60

Total Shipping Charges = $175.19

Shipping charge per unit = $21.90

Price per unit (in S$) - Rate 1.4 = $13.96

Total Price including shipping = $35.86

So, per person paying for the produce saver is about $35.86.

I'm calculating based on 8 different packages. If everything is packed in one box, the shipping charge will be different and should be lower. We will have to email Amazon to ask about packing though. And we can buy more of other things, then shipping charge per unit will be lower. More rubbermaids anyone?

i wanted a snow river or totally bamboo knife tray. nguandi alsoo eyeing it. we will also ship it together then... so charges will be further lower a little.

Yup, I don't mind shipping it together, I pay everything first. Then later you girls (am I the only guy?) collect in sengkang area and city?

merydith, which one is easier for you?

My list apart from the foodsaver:

- Knife Tray http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009NMVV...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

- 3 x Pot Clip http://www.amazon.com/Trudeau-Pot-Clip-Spo...d=311I26AIPPWTN

- 1 Chef Knife http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-47520-Fib...d=311I26AIPPWTN

Btw, the chef knife is rated the most value-for-money knife from chefs all around the world.

wah... lots more poison from ngunadi & samgals.. now i'm eyeing the chef's knife and knife tray also! keke..

and i'm interested in this http://www.amazon.com/Progressive-Internat.../ref=pd_sim_k_2. I know i will use it very often!

ngunadi, i can collect from city. Bugis right? near your work place? but is it a trouble for you to bring the items around?

Hehe ... i'm so evil.

I work near suntec.

No issue to bring around, but most probably can only meet after office hour and pass it to you :)