Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Amy Choon

Fans Of Afc (asian Food Channel)

Hey all,

we kind of started discussing about this channel at one of the forummers thread and I realised there are AFC fans out there just like me! So here is a thread dedicated to AFC so we can discuss about our favourite chefs or shows on AFC.

But of course, as long as you are a cooking show fan or simply love to eat. you are welcome to chat with us as well!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hey all,

we kind of started discussing about this channel at one of the forummers thread and I realised there are AFC fans out there just like me! So here is a thread dedicated to AFC so we can discuss about our favourite chefs or shows on AFC.

But of course, as long as you are a cooking show fan or simply love to eat. you are welcome to chat with us as well!

We should share recipes too. haha. :) :) :)

Been subscribing this channel for little over 3 months and loving it! Have always loved to cook so this channel is now my favourite!

Chefs I like on AFC are Jamie Oliver, Laura Caldel, Michael Smith, Hugh Fearnley and some others I can't recall right now.... Watching them cook just give me that yearning to step into the kitchen once again! Which is impossible now as the house is still under reno... *pout*

Wanted to post it at my thread but am bringing it here.

You know what, I recently saw some episodes of Coconut Coast and was so enchanted by the place that I'm now inspired to visit Kerala during the Dec hols! The host is this effiminate chef called Reza who speaks with a very crisp British accent. He reminds me of Kumar (without the Singlish), the way he flourishes his hands while talking.

You know what, I recently saw some episodes of Coconut Coast and was so enchanted by the place that I'm now inspired to visit Kerala during the Dec hols! The host is this effiminate chef called Reza who speaks with a very crisp British accent. He reminds me of Kumar (without the Singlish), the way he flourishes his hands while talking.

Reza? Never heard of him before.. is he on AFC too? I also don't know where is Kerala.. hehehe....

I just googled Kerala, looks like a nice beach area!

merydith: It's in India. :)

reporting here :D. dun hv AFC but lurv cooking. nothing fancy yet cos din hv a proper oven before so am excitedly waiting for my kitchen to be up and running. I miss cooking too.

checked out the AFC website which zelly recommended and boy! I was drooling. I practically have to use my hands to catch my saliva!!!! :lol: now zelly, u make me itch more to get the reno over and done with and get my kitchen running!

so far am loving Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsey...

Edited by samgalz

Reza? Never heard of him before.. is he on AFC too? I also don't know where is Kerala.. hehehe....

Not sure if he's a proper chef but he cooks on the show. I think I saw the show on AFC or was it Discovery Travel & Living? :unsure: .

I also not sure when the show's on. Happen to switch channels and there he was!

Kerala is in South India, home to houseboat cruises.....

My hubby saw that host, said OMG, and changed the channel (I think BBC home and lifestyle ). :o:P:rolleyes:

That host walks more gu niang den me though.

Edited by Zelly

Not sure if he's a proper chef but he cooks on the show. I think I saw the show on AFC or was it Discovery Travel & Living? :unsure: .

I also not sure when the show's on. Happen to switch channels and there he was!

Kerala is in South India, home to houseboat cruises.....

oooh, i used to c this show on Discovery home & living where this lady (i can't seem to rmb her name) teaches familes to cook simple and delicious meals for dinner for the whole week....i find some dishes good too for us who works but want to have home-cooked food. Too bad my SIL decided to cancel DH&L so no more shows for me :(

reporting here :D. dun hv AFC but lurv cooking. nothing fancy yet cos din hv a proper oven before so am excitedly waiting for my kitchen to be up and running. I miss cooking too.

checked out the AFC website which zelly recommended and boy! I was drooling. I practically have to use my hands to catch my saliva!!!! :lol: now zelly, u make me itch more to get the reno over and done with and get my kitchen running!

so far am loving Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsey...

LOL! Good things must share! :P

I like watching cooking shows, some times can learn cheats mah, as I am those cook dun measure dun like to use too many tools type.

I dun watch Iron Chef regulaly (found it to be too dramatic :D) but the one I watched was the Jap version.

Do they have the US version? Apparently it's huge over there. The host is Padma Lakshmi whom I oso caught occasionally at AFC and DTV. Very classy and pretty lady :)

good idea to have a separate thread or else umaisarah's t-blog will be spammed!

i can't cook but watching afc makes me wish i could...haha...hb says with new house, i shall cook more often. he cooks better than i do!

eh zelly, i like to measure! and i love to bake...finally, gonna have my own oven liao..yay! :lol:

LOL! Good things must share! :P

I like watching cooking shows, some times can learn cheats mah, as I am those cook dun measure dun like to use too many tools type.

haha, i like to measure zhun zhun one. bought a measuring scale from the isetan sale, that measure accurately up to 0.1g. :P

its a pity iron chef doesn't provide recipes, i really like some of the dishes they cook. sometimes i watch in the middle of the night and munch on potato chips, pretending they're the dishes in the TV. hahaha.