Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Amy Choon

Fans Of Afc (asian Food Channel)

the jap knives i looking at is cheaper ones at metro. saw it at OG too.. cannot remember the brand. urs too ex liao lah, cannot afford :bleah:

chopping board i aso dunno which to get...headache...not going to be joseph joseph for sure...too ex for me!

Edited by samgalz

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am looking for knives that can be passed down to the next generations :P

Btw, don't waste the money to buy 1 set of knives.

In kitchen, you can survive with just:

1 Chef's knife

1 Utility knife.

1 time investment so can last for years ..

although my hubby don't cook a lot, he knows the kitchen needs good knives. and he's also a fan of jap knives wor.. the way he held a good knife, staring at the blades and smiling to himself, wow, eerie lor.. kekeke.

AFC has been advertising a certain brand of jap knives on, which is on sale at the AFC shop but think it's those small small knives for paring only... i want big big knives lor.. kekek.

I am looking for knives that can be passed down to the next generations :P

Btw, don't waste the money to buy 1 set of knives.

1 Chef's knife

1 Utility knife.

1 time investment so can last for years ..

I'm not getting the whole set. jus getting:

1 Chinese Chopper (for chopping up chickens and other animal parts)

1 Chef's knife

1 Utility knife

may get a cheapo bread knife from daiso but that's optional. :D

chopping board i aso dunno which to get...headache...not going to be joseph joseph for sure...too ex for me!
hehe, i got mine from a contest in square rooms magazine

1 Chef's knife

1 Utility knife.

u noe, i really dunno the difference btw knives leh. i just see. ok need to cut smth, just grab any knife that;s around. i only noe got chopper, fruit knife... err.. obviously i need to do more research.

the way he held a good knife, staring at the blades and smiling to himself, wow, eerie lor.. kekeke.
*gulp*

1 Chinese Chopper (for chopping up chickens and other animal parts)
yaya, me wan buy chopper too. so can use with those thick wooden chopping boards.

My chef brother used the 2 man standing brand of knife at home. So i think shd be good la. I using ikea knife now. :D

Also a great fan of AFC, including my 7 yr old gal. We like French Cooking @ home, Nigella bites and Chef @ home. Surprisingly my husband likes Scandivanian Cooking.

Went to check on the starhub cable tv packages and realised AFC is within one of the basic groups... :notti: shall agressively try to convince hubby to let me choose AFC as one of the basic group cos we might likely get starhub's Home hubbing pack which includes 4 basic group channels together with the broadband and Digital voice. :D

Ooohh, soon I may be able to join u gals in drooling at great food and good looking chefs! :notti:

Edited by samgalz

Went to check on the starhub cable tv packages and realised AFC is within one of the basic groups... :notti: shall agressively try to convince hubby to let me choose AFC as one of the basic group cos we might likely get starhub's Home hubbing pack which includes 4 basic group channels together with the broadband and Digital voice. :D

Ooohh, soon I may be able to join u gals in drooling at great food and good looking chefs! :notti:

hahaha, must show him all the good benefits of AFC. Eye candy (got both male & female chefs) and good food! Hehehehe. We're also planning to get home hubbing pack. As long as I got my AFC, Discovery channels and Crime Investigation channel, i'm a happy woman. If can get the KTV channel, even better, but I scared I become noise nuisance to neighbours. wahhahahaha :D btw, anyone know if HBO or Star Movies is a better pick? Hubby say I can only choose one cos very ex.

hahaha, must show him all the good benefits of AFC. Eye candy (got both male & female chefs) and good food! Hehehehe. We're also planning to get home hubbing pack. As long as I got my AFC, Discovery channels and Crime Investigation channel, i'm a happy woman. If can get the KTV channel, even better, but I scared I become noise nuisance to neighbours. wahhahahaha :D btw, anyone know if HBO or Star Movies is a better pick? Hubby say I can only choose one cos very ex.

i prefer neither. I will opt to go online streaming to get my movies. :D u watch what u wan at your own time!

for us, we are likely to get the discovery channel, playhouse disney channel (my son lor!) and AXN and if I can AFC! is going to convince hubby AFC is a better choice than taiwanese variety since we can catch those at his mum's place. wahahaha~

Edited by samgalz

Anyone know whether I can download all those cooking shows ?

Actually, I want to brush up my cooking and learn from start, like how to use the knives properly, and other standard things.

Actually, I want to brush up my cooking and learn from start, like how to use the knives properly, and other standard things.

Try some CC, they have beginners materials

My chef brother used the 2 man standing brand of knife at home. So i think shd be good la. I using ikea knife now. :D

Also a great fan of AFC, including my 7 yr old gal. We like French Cooking @ home, Nigella bites and Chef @ home. Surprisingly my husband likes Scandivanian Cooking.

but the 2 man standing very ex leh.. kekeke.... i also wana invest in some good knives! wooo... your gal is the chef in making! strangely, my hubby just hates nigella lawson lor... he said she cannot even cook! hmmz...

anyone know if HBO or Star Movies is a better pick? Hubby say I can only choose one cos very ex.

drop both... always repeating crap shows leh... now i just go for w.tv on my iphone.. less popular shows but some are really funny, and best of all, they are free!

for us, we are likely to get the discovery channel, playhouse disney channel (my son lor!) and AXN and if I can AFC! is going to convince hubby AFC is a better choice than taiwanese variety since we can catch those at his mum's place. wahahaha~

samgalz, jiayou! hope you get your wish and have AFC! this morning watched Restaurant Makeover before i left for work and the lady Exec Chef was so pissed with one of the young chef calling her babe. she went ballistic... hahaha....

hmmz.. not so sure about the download part.. you might need to check with samgalz on the stream videos online.

as for cooking, there are many cooking classes held all over the place leh. why don't you try to join some... i wanted to join the one at Great World City Food Junction. The western set meal class is hands on and $85. but my kakis kept postponing wor.... look around, there are many classes to try.

but the 2 man standing very ex leh.. kekeke.... i also wana invest in some good knives! wooo... your gal is the chef in making! strangely, my hubby just hates nigella lawson lor... he said she cannot even cook! hmmz...

drop both... always repeating crap shows leh... now i just go for w.tv on my iphone.. less popular shows but some are really funny, and best of all, they are free!

as for cooking, there are many cooking classes held all over the place leh. why don't you try to join some... i wanted to join the one at Great World City Food Junction. The western set meal class is hands on and $85. but my kakis kept postponing wor.... look around, there are many classes to try.

is there any difference with the 2 men standing and 1 man standing? I saw Isetan's newsletter. Henckels 1man brand - Active Grip 6pc Knife Block, UP: $298, now $88. (sale this friday). So i dunno the difference lehhh..

i thinking of joining cooking classes and baking classes too. heard robinsons got class too. will check them out after all these reno mayhem is over.

is there any difference with the 2 men standing and 1 man standing? I saw Isetan's newsletter. Henckels 1man brand - Active Grip 6pc Knife Block, UP: $298, now $88. (sale this friday). So i dunno the difference lehhh..

i thinking of joining cooking classes and baking classes too. heard robinsons got class too. will check them out after all these reno mayhem is over.

the one man is the subline of 2 men lor... one man is JA Henckels Int'l and made in China, which is the value for money range and the 2 man one is Zwilling JA Henckels AG, which is the branded one... hehe.. did a search and found this info so share with you all.

i think the robinsons ones are all demo... i prefer hands-on classes lor.. if it's demo only, i rather save the money and watch cooking shows.

I find the shows on either youtube.com, baidu.com, pps.tv or veoh.com but for veoh.com and pps.tv u need a client to watch it.