Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Amy Choon

Fans Of Afc (asian Food Channel)

good idea to have a separate thread or else umaisarah's t-blog will be spammed!

i can't cook but watching afc makes me wish i could...haha...hb says with new house, i shall cook more often. he cooks better than i do!

eh zelly, i like to measure! and i love to bake...finally, gonna have my own oven liao..yay! :lol:

I am an oddie, many of my friends like baking cos it is very procedure based.

I learnt how to cook from my dad. He cooks without much tools and most things are done with 1 chopper knife and chopping board. He goes by tasting and experimenting usually. After many years of helping him when he cooks, the habit rubbed into me, and tend to cook in agar agar method loh.

lilth there are many nice food comes from baking so now u can say u cook better when ur baking food out taste him.. :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oooh.. India! I know India has many beautiful places but it has never been my want to travel places. And my hubby used to go on work trips frequently in the past. The stories he brought back makes it worse... Ummmm...... The only thing he praised about India is the food!

i'm also quite an agar agar person la. unless i'm trying out recipes which I got from somewhere... after the first time, it will pretty much be agaration for me already...

would love to learn how to bake properly though! whenever i watched cooking shows, i get so impressed and in awe at how those chefs churn out their baked goodies!! it seems so easy.. folding here, kneading there... but i really CMI when it comes to baking.. don't know is it becos of my free-d&d-gift mixer, or i don't know how to use my oven... or it's just me... i think it's me la.. wahaha...

so before i moved out of my old place, my oven was mostly used grilling and roasting...

haha, i like to measure zhun zhun one. bought a measuring scale from the isetan sale, that measure accurately up to 0.1g. :P

its a pity iron chef doesn't provide recipes, i really like some of the dishes they cook. sometimes i watch in the middle of the night and munch on potato chips, pretending they're the dishes in the TV. hahaha.

u know, when i was preggie with my son 6 yrs ago...there was this taiwanese cooking show that show late at nite. me and hubby will sit in front of the TV and watch the mouth-watering dishes...come to a stage we cannot tahan, we will either munch on potato chips or go out to grab supper! those were the days......

rite now no cook shows so i stick to watching "mei shi da san tong" on channel 8 sundays. no recipe but at least i get to drool on some nice food, esp grilled kobe beef.....

Oooh.. India! I know India has many beautiful places but it has never been my want to travel places. And my hubby used to go on work trips frequently in the past. The stories he brought back makes it worse... Ummmm...... The only thing he praised about India is the food!

i'm also quite an agar agar person la. unless i'm trying out recipes which I got from somewhere... after the first time, it will pretty much be agaration for me already...

would love to learn how to bake properly though! whenever i watched cooking shows, i get so impressed and in awe at how those chefs churn out their baked goodies!! it seems so easy.. folding here, kneading there... but i really CMI when it comes to baking.. don't know is it becos of my free-d&d-gift mixer, or i don't know how to use my oven... or it's just me... i think it's me la.. wahaha...

so before i moved out of my old place, my oven was mostly used grilling and roasting...

me also agar-ation person...hehehe...thinks it taste better when u dun follow the books! :D

u know, when i was preggie with my son 6 yrs ago...there was this taiwanese cooking show that show late at nite. me and hubby will sit in front of the TV and watch the mouth-watering dishes...come to a stage we cannot tahan, we will either munch on potato chips or go out to grab supper! those were the days......

rite now no cook shows so i stick to watching "mei shi da san tong" on channel 8 sundays. no recipe but at least i get to drool on some nice food, esp grilled kobe beef.....

samgalz, AFC beckoning you leh..... hehe.. you will love it!

samgalz, AFC beckoning you leh..... hehe.. you will love it!

hahaha...hubby sure say u all poisoning me...hahaha

haha, i like to measure zhun zhun one. bought a measuring scale from the isetan sale, that measure accurately up to 0.1g. :P

its a pity iron chef doesn't provide recipes, i really like some of the dishes they cook. sometimes i watch in the middle of the night and munch on potato chips, pretending they're the dishes in the TV. hahaha.

muahaha that sounds familiar!

I am an oddie, many of my friends like baking cos it is very procedure based.

I learnt how to cook from my dad. He cooks without much tools and most things are done with 1 chopper knife and chopping board. He goes by tasting and experimenting usually. After many years of helping him when he cooks, the habit rubbed into me, and tend to cook in agar agar method loh.

lilth there are many nice food comes from baking so now u can say u cook better when ur baking food out taste him.. :P

my hb also agar agar. he knows how to "feel" lol..i cannot. oooh i cannot wait to start baking stuff in my oven!

tell him you will cook other yummy dishes as long as he lets you be constantly inspired! kekeke.

hahah merydith you so bad, teach sammy to sell afc to her husband! lol...

Ngunadi, I aiming leh. But very ex lor.. Faint

I am aiming to buy online around US$100 for Gyuto 210mm +US$5 delivery. I am also thinking to get good chopping board for my $20 german knife first. This one can get from local importer at Outram there.

My current chopping board is IKEA one and it's very light and slippery.

japanese knives good? i thought of just getting a set of the brand with the 2 men standing one.

Yes, it's definitely good and in general better than german knives. And you need more effort to maintain Japanese knives though you also need one for German knives.

Which one is the brand with 2 men standing?

logo.gif

This one?

Edited by ngunadi

I am aiming to buy online around US$100 for Gyuto 210mm +US$5 delivery. I am also thinking to get good chopping board for my $20 german knife first. This one can get from local importer at Outram there.

My current chopping board is IKEA one and it's very light and slippery.

Yes, it's definitely good and in general better than german knives. And you need more effort to maintain Japanese knives though you also need one for German knives.

Which one is the brand with 2 men standing?

logo.gif

This one?

yaya, tt's the one. i always forget the brand name. either tt or a set from WMF. :D Going to Isetan to check it out tomorrow.

My current chopping board is from Joseph Joseph. I also going to get one of those thick round wooden blocks for heavy chopping. :P

4507879612_0c933181c2.jpg