Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
buttwiser

Comments On Leather Sofa From Casa Italy

I had purchased an L-shape full leather sofa from Casa Italy at the Singapore Expo Fair about 1 years ago.

After using it less than a year, I realized that the skin of one of the area of the sofa began to “peel”, even though I had tried to upkeep and maintain the condition of the sofa. To my horror, recently it got worse. In fact I am truly disappointed by the quality of their sofa. Anyone had this experience with Casa Italy sofa ?????

nope.. mine crack and peel after 8 yrs le.. but i guess its due to the lack of maintainance haha and that sofa is serving like 8 family members haha

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We bought a set of sofa from Casa Italy but it don't match with our design. So selling off (BRAND NEW!)

Picture is display set.

- White, full leather, L on the other side. metal legs selected.

- Selling at $1,699+ (now is already $1.8K+);

- Brand new (not delivered yet!)

- Contact sonic04@yahoo.com pls!

sofa.jpg

I have the same experience as yours. I bought my casa italy corner sofa in malaysia in sept 2009 and the side oso peel off. i din scratch it, din touch it, dun hav kids or ppl to jump on it. i maintain the sofa like u did. in the end wat happen? it peels!

(i tried sharing the flickr link for the photo but it doesnt allow...)

now, my problem is with that malaysia furniture shop. its them who told me dat its made of genuine leather and i oso clarified wif them for the definition of genuine leather. i'm now waiting for their reply and see wat they wana do abt it.

so please beware when looking for furniture. i'm not targetting casa italy, but in general case.

Hi there,

i would like to share the same experience as I also bought a sofa from Casa Italy two years ago (the same year as the one posted, in 2009). The sales person told me that the leather is a new product and I liked the feeling and had chosen it. The sofa came two weeks later and everything was ok except that I did not feel the leather smell. I even bought the conditioning solution that the sales person recommended me and did the maintainance every month. Now two years the leather start to peel off. I called the Casa Italy show room at Paya Lebar and they sent a delivery man to have taken a photo of it. I would highly recommend other friends to be very careful when you choose the leather sofa from Casa Italy. You need to insists to put the "Full leather" on your invoice and keep it. It is really hard to immediately recognized whether it is real leather or not. Also sometimes what they delivered to you might not be what they have shown you in the showroom.

Hi there,

i would like to share the same experience as I also bought a sofa from Casa Italy two years ago (the same year as the one posted, in 2009). The sales person told me that the leather is a new product and I liked the feeling and had chosen it. The sofa came two weeks later and everything was ok except that I did not feel the leather smell. I even bought the conditioning solution that the sales person recommended me and did the maintainance every month. Now two years the leather start to peel off. I called the Casa Italy show room at Paya Lebar and they sent a delivery man to have taken a photo of it. I would highly recommend other friends to be very careful when you choose the leather sofa from Casa Italy. You need to insists to put the "Full leather" on your invoice and keep it. It is really hard to immediately recognized whether it is real leather or not. Also sometimes what they delivered to you might not be what they have shown you in the showroom.

My further report on my case with Casa Italy. I received a call from Casa Italy service centre and they would like to collect my sofa and replace the leather. They did not answer my question on whether my sofa was delivered with real leather or not. It is obviously that they had figured out what happened to my sofa and they didi not want to talk that further. However I have to share some cost of transporting the sofa to and from their factory in Malaysia. Now I am waiting for them to come and bring new leather sample to choose. I told them I have no problem to share the cost of transportation as long as they replace the leather ans do not let this happen after another two years. The service man agreed and told me they also do not want that happen anymore.

More report to follow

Hi there,

I got the same experience. Bought mine Full leather bond L-shape sofa from Katong Mall outlet in Sep 2009.

In the beginning small patches started to peel last month and it got worst with big pockets coming off.

I suspect the leather bond has got major quality issue as I can see the bonding layer is flaking and dust-like falling off.

Looks like the 2009 produced batches have got major problems. Now that Katong Mall outlet no longer exist I was wondering where can I find a recourse??

I got the same experience. Bought mine Full leather bond L-shape sofa from Katong Mall outlet in Sep 2009.

In the beginning small patches started to peel last month and it got worst with big pockets coming off.

I suspect the leather bond has got major quality issue as I can see the bonding layer is flaking and dust-like falling off.

Looks like the 2009 produced batches have got major problems. Now that Katong Mall outlet no longer exist I was wondering where can I find a recourse??

Yes you're right that Casa Italy katong mall showroom has moved to the following places:

Payar Lebar Outlet

152 Paya Lebar Road, #01-02 Citipoint Industrial Complex

Singapore 409020

Tel: 6747 4387 Fax: 6747 1492

I bought the sofa @ katong mall as well in 2009. I went to their Paya Lebar showroom few weeks before and showed them the invoice sales number and they had tracked down my sales record. Then they arranged the service centre people to call me back. Let me know if you could not get their service people to call you.

Also please share your tracking status as we would like to give others who had the same problems some sharing here.

Yes you're right that Casa Italy katong mall showroom has moved to the following places:

Payar Lebar Outlet

152 Paya Lebar Road, #01-02 Citipoint Industrial Complex

Singapore 409020

Tel: 6747 4387 Fax: 6747 1492

I bought the sofa @ katong mall as well in 2009. I went to their Paya Lebar showroom few weeks before and showed them the invoice sales number and they had tracked down my sales record. Then they arranged the service centre people to call me back. Let me know if you could not get their service people to call you.

Also please share your tracking status as we would like to give others who had the same problems some sharing here.

Hi Ted,

I called several of their outlets and many do not exist anymore before I finally tracked down the Citipoint contact.

Called them last Tuesday 13 Sep and one of them mentioned will forward my complain to their Service Center and have them call me. I did not hear anything and called again on Wed and requested for an email contact. Sent them an email as well as a few photos of the damage. I have not heard any reply nor a call. Called again on Sunday and this morning but could not get through.

Can you please update on the status of what Casa will be doing with regards to your problem? and Can you please let me have their Service Center contact? Thanks.

Hi stng936,

I have PMed you the contact number of their service centre. So far they told me that they have arranged the collection schedule for my sofa but would only be @ end of sept. I am waiting till the end of the month. Otherwise I will call them again.

Look like we have to prepare for the long fight.

Hi stng936,

I have PMed you the contact number of their service centre. So far they told me that they have arranged the collection schedule for my sofa but would only be @ end of sept. I am waiting till the end of the month. Otherwise I will call them again.

Look like we have to prepare for the long fight.

Finally got a call from Casa yesterday informing their svc staff will visit next week to inspect the damage.

I got some pictures of the problem and not sure if yours are the same. It will be good if you have some picture to share.

In any case, because of the flakings and I thought couldn't contact Casa for any recourse, I have torn off the entire square patch and now I got big square "suede" like patches. Let's see what they have to say.

sofa1.jpg

sofa2o.jpg

sofa3.jpg

hey, I got the same type of peel as what is shown here...somemore same color....but I don't think i brought from CASA, i got it from a shop in beach road furniture mall. Did not keep the receipt and can't remeber that shop as it was 1.5 years back....the sale guys did say is top quailty real nubuck leather from brazil...but i think i got con.....:(

Thats is why now i need to research this site before buying a new set for my new place...

Finally got a call from Casa yesterday informing their svc staff will visit next week to inspect the damage.

I got some pictures of the problem and not sure if yours are the same. It will be good if you have some picture to share.

In any case, because of the flakings and I thought couldn't contact Casa for any recourse, I have torn off the entire square patch and now I got big square "suede" like patches. Let's see what they have to say.

sofa1.jpg

sofa2o.jpg

sofa3.jpg

Hi stng936,

Yes my sofa should be exactly the same model as you and also bought in 2009 September (same time as you). Looks like both of us were cheated. Here is photos of my sofa. You could see the same flake except that I did not peer them off. But I believe it is exactly the same sofa, same "leather" and same problem.

Some update. I called the service centre and they told me it should be next week to come and collect my sofa and send back to Malaysia factory. So I guess they would also come to exam and collect your sofa (they told me they will have to arrange transportation not for one sofa transportation).

One thing is that they asked me to share $400 transportation which I declined. I only told them I might pay $200 if everything can be restored to my satisfaction and I am only will to pay when the sofa returns to be with new REAL leather. Good luck to you.

photo3ub.jpg

photo2fsw.jpg

photo1srd.jpg

Hi stng936,

Yes my sofa should be exactly the same model as you and also bought in 2009 September (same time as you). Looks like both of us were cheated. Here is photos of my sofa. You could see the same flake except that I did not peer them off. But I believe it is exactly the same sofa, same "leather" and same problem.

Some update. I called the service centre and they told me it should be next week to come and collect my sofa and send back to Malaysia factory. So I guess they would also come to exam and collect your sofa (they told me they will have to arrange transportation not for one sofa transportation).

One thing is that they asked me to share $400 transportation which I declined. I only told them I might pay $200 if everything can be restored to my satisfaction and I am only will to pay when the sofa returns to be with new REAL leather. Good luck to you.

Mine started like yours initially but then the peels grew beyond imagination, and it is still spreading.

Looks like they are probably going to pool both of ours together to truck back to M'sia. Will get to know only by tomorrow. I will resist paying a dime since it is most likely a confirmed Quality defects. I believe we have a strong case together.

Will see how it goes tomorrow. Keep in touch.

Sigh...I've placed an order of their leather sofa set...

hi, maybe the current set u have ordered will not be that bad? maybe its by batches? new batches maybe better? hopefully.

Hi stng936,

Mine started like yours initially but then the peels grew beyond imagination, and it is still spreading.

Looks like they are probably going to pool both of ours together to truck back to M'sia. Will get to know only by tomorrow. I will resist paying a dime since it is most likely a confirmed Quality defects. I believe we have a strong case together.

Will see how it goes tomorrow. Keep in touch.

I just called Casa Italy service centre today. They have checked and told me that they will come to collect my sofa next Tue or Wed ( 4- 5 Oct). How about your status?

Edited by Ted_Muffy