Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
darth vader

The Chronicles Of Segar......

for real? any indicative pricing on the replica? :dancingqueen:

for real. as in i saw one that looks like what you want i.e a replica

is it real real per se, i dunno lei.

and really, i don't know the pricing cause it was not in my selection u c.

think u can check Supersimon27's blog, think he has it.

when i first came into tblog, i followed his blog quite closely cause i was thinking of being part of the henner club. ha

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
for real. as in i saw one that looks like what you want i.e a replica

is it real real per se, i dunno lei.

and really, i don't know the pricing cause it was not in my selection u c.

think u can check Supersimon27's blog, think he has it.

when i first came into tblog, i followed his blog quite closely cause i was thinking of being part of the henner club. ha

just came back from lightings.com.sg. whilst the pricing is very competitive, they did not carry the artichoke lite which was my primary objective..... :( oh well, if i cannot procure it locally, there's always the world wide web...... :notti:

just came back from lightings.com.sg. whilst the pricing is very competitive, they did not carry the artichoke lite which was my primary objective..... :( oh well, if i cannot procure it locally, there's always the world wide web...... :notti:

which lightings.com.sg did u go to?

tot i saw it lei when i was there yesterday at jln bersah?

Yo, my dong tu cermony will be on the 29th @ 1315H. Hoping for a smooth reno & i know for sure my place is in the good hands of Dave. :thumbs up:

Earlier on i went to Lightcraft and Vlux to look see look see but i cannot find the artichoke pendant light by Poul Henningsen that i so adore. A quick search on the forum revealed a price of $990, but i'm not sure if its for the real mccoy. Any bros/sis can help me out on this? :bow:

Poul_Henningsen_PH_Artichoke_Lamp_pnq.jp

(pics courtesy of www.bonluxat.com)

$990? did you miss out a digit? otherwise, nope, it's not the real mccoy.

the real ph artichoke (made by louis poulsen) is available at space furniture (ask to order if not available and you are really desperate to have it). the lamp is priced at an 'affordable' $10,000 (+- a couple of hundreds).

as per ne0mesis suggestion, if you want a similar replica, go to lightings.com.sg at jalan besar.

Edited by floppy

which lightings.com.sg did u go to?

tot i saw it lei when i was there yesterday at jln bersah?

i went to the branch @ Balestier. Tink i'll make a trip down to Jalan Besar tis weekend.... ;)

$990? did you miss out a digit? otherwise, nope, it's not the real mccoy.

the real ph artichoke (made by louis poulsen) is available at space furniture (ask to order if not available and you are really desperate to have it). the lamp is priced at an 'affordable' $10,000 (+- a couple of hundreds).

as per ne0mesis suggestion, if you want a similar replica, go to lightings.com.sg at jalan besar.

hmmm...time for another alternative then. Thanx Floppy. ;)

......and so, we are now the official owners of our new abode. Did a simple albeit symbolic 'dong tu' initiation act at the designated auspicious hour with my trusty hammer .....

WEAPONOFCHOICE.jpg

and the aftermath......

DONGTU.jpg

Huat ar! :P

Now that our abode has been dong tu-ed, ID commenced site survey together with the carpentry, electrical & false ceiling head-hand along with the aircon folks. It was a flurry of activity w e'one taking instructions fm my ID. Very impressive. Here are some pics of the original condition........ ;)

outside view from the living room.....

LR6.jpg

Living room 1

LR1.jpg

Living room 2

LR2.jpg

Living room 3

LR5.jpg

more to come........ :D

......and finally, the rooms. :P

bedroom 1 aka oddball room

1BR1.jpg

bedroom 2: this will be my new MBR.... :notti:

2BR1.jpg

existing MBR: tis will be my WIW cum study, wall will be hacked

MBR2.jpg

lastly, my pathetically small MBR toilet..... :bleah:

CT1-1.jpg

i guess thats all to it, pls pardon my poor photog skills and (lack of) picture sense. Next up will be the trail of destruction that happened earlier today. Stay tuned..... :notti:

congrats! darth vader

who perform the 'dong tu' ritual? urself? or id/contractor? do u hit on the wall to be hacked? or hacked and hv to fill back? tks for sharing :)

......and so, we are now the official owners of our new abode. Did a simple albeit symbolic 'dong tu' initiation act at the designated auspicious hour with my trusty hammer .....

WEAPONOFCHOICE.jpg

Huat ar! :P

that's my hammer i bought from the "wu jin dian" for the dong tu too! serious! hahaha.

the hammer must b really lucky

common toilet

MBRT.jpg

CT1-1.jpg

think back then, these wall tiles are quite 'in' huh.

mine also like tat lei! haha