Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
darth vader

The Chronicles Of Segar......

After lurking behind the scenes for a considerable amount of time and enjoying the various beautiful homes that were featured, i reckoned its time to do a little introduction on my new abode in BP and share my renovation progress in time to come. 1st thing 1st, the floorplan.....

The layout is pretty unconventional isn't it? help.gif No pre-renovation pictures.......yet as my key collection wil only be in 2 weeks time, but its gonna be a complete o/h from its original state. dancingqueen.gif Now comes the tiring and tedious part; shortlisting our id, fsm and well as the electrical appliances, bathroom fittings, furnitures and wat nots. decisions decisions decisions........ dunno.gif

Edited by darth vader

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
After lurking behind the scenes for a considerable amount of time and enjoying the various beautiful homes that were featured, i reckoned its time to do a little introduction on my new abode in BP and share my renovation progress in time to come. 1st thing 1st, the floorplan.....

floorplan.jpg

The layout is pretty unconventional isn't it? :help: No pre-renovation pictures.......yet as my key collection wil only be in 2 weeks time, but its gonna be a complete o/h from its original state. :dancingqueen: Now comes the tiring and tedious part; shortlisting our id, fsm and well as the electrical appliances, bathroom fittings, furnitures and wat nots. decisions decisions decisions........ :dunno:

Welcome to segar! :drunk::yamseng::yamseng:

As it is with most, if not all homeowners, i believe that one of the most daunting aspect of house ownership would be the part on choosing the right ID/Contractor. They can make or break the whole renovation experience, from delirious to disastrous. Truth be told, we were just too pin tuah to go hunting around for ID after ID, contractor after contractor. 8| To keep things in perspective, i will just share why i signed up with Intradesign as my final choice of ID.

Intradesign is, arguably, one of the more talked-about ID firms in renotalk t-blog. After reading through their thread mostlyrevolving about Angeline and Dave, it seems to me that the boss, Dave is quite a colourful character. So me and my missus arranged an appointment with him. During our 1st visit @ their showroom in Ubi, we were reasonably impressed by what we saw. In terms of showroom aesthetics, the bai tau (read: wow factor) was definately there. That was when we met Dave for the 1st time. He came across as confident (read: egoistical :bleah: ) and assured, albeit in a very loud way. In short, an highly evolved Ah Beng, if i might add. :sport-smiley-004: And the best part? My missus can actually click with him! :yamseng: So we told him our requirements and budget to which he said he will get back to us asap. As we left the showroom, we had pretty good vibes about Intradesign and felt that they are potentially The One.

Circa 2 weeks, Dave called us for the 2nd appointment. This time round, with sketches and the quote: 10k over our budget! :deal: But he did explain patiently to us that as our unit is undergoing an extensive rework, the amount is actually around there, chao buay siam one. He also went on to talk about his carpentry works, the materials we will be getting as well as guaranteeing us a worry free reno. Now, when any other IDs were to talk like this, i would turn on my defensive shield for the sales pitch onslaught that follows. However, in this case, it was not to be. My younger brother's unit, the p@d was very very nicely done up by Dave. I had seen for myself the outstanding carpentry works and designs as well as glowing endorsement form my bro and SIL. In fact, its featured in Intra's website as well! :dancingqueen: That, in essence, was one of the catalyst for choosing Dave. However, the biggest stumbling block was the cost; $10k can, effectively, get us all the essential appliances, AV as well as furnitures to boot. We all knew at that point that any reduction in budget would mean a deviation from the original design that Dave came out for us. And that really sux. Sensing our apprehensiveness, he assured us that we're in good hands and that there are no hidden costs in the quote. The best part was, he actually encouraged us to look around other IDs to compare, which we did, using his design as a benchmark. Eventually, we came to realise that Dave's design was the one that we felt most comfortable with. So, to cut a long story short, we signed up with him. All that is left now would be the site survey. The worrying part would be Master Chang's assesment of my home. Hopefully i dun end up with out of the norm placement of my furnitures or colour schemes or (gasp) tilting of my main door..... :unsure:

So there u have it, my choice of ID. Hopefully y'all are not bored by the lengthy story. Stay tuned for the pics. Time to hunt for my appliances and furniture. My poor wallet...... :jawdrop:

The worrying part would be Master Chang's assesment of my home. Hopefully i dun end up with out of the norm placement of my furnitures or colour schemes or (gasp) tilting of my main door..... :unsure:

So there u have it, my choice of ID. Hopefully y'all are not bored by the lengthy story. Stay tuned for the pics. Time to hunt for my appliances and furniture. My poor wallet...... :jawdrop:

He would definitely ask you to tilt your door. Confirmed. So better be prepared.

Welcome to RT! :D Looking forward to seeing pix. Very interesting layout you got.

Hunting for appliances and furniture is fun, but yes.. hard on the wallet. Do shop around for prices! :good:

welcome, remember to look for reviews on various furniture shops. might save you some unwanted trouble later on. ;)

i always see review first before committing, except for one on impulse. haha :P

Welcome to RT! :D Looking forward to seeing pix. Very interesting layout you got.

Hunting for appliances and furniture is fun, but yes.. hard on the wallet. Do shop around for prices! :good:

howdy! pics will be loaded progressively....the appliances are more or less done deal, its the furniture selection that poses the biggest headache..... :bangwall: cant seem to find a halfway point for me and my missus.... zz

welcome, remember to look for reviews on various furniture shops. might save you some unwanted trouble later on. ;)

i always see review first before committing, except for one on impulse. haha :P

hello bro! ur advice is duely noted. however, there comes a time where we all make an impulse purchase of some kind.... :P

Circa 2 weeks, Dave called us for the 2nd appointment. This time round, with sketches and the quote: 10k over our budget! .

However, the biggest stumbling block was the cost; $10k can, effectively, get us all the essential appliances, AV as well as furnitures to boot. We all knew at that point that any reduction in budget would mean a deviation from the original design that Dave came out for us.

My poor wallet...... :jawdrop:

I CAN PERFECTLY UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL! cause this was what exactly happened to me too

welcome to tblog. get blogddicted. ha!

p.s: got gd lobang must share with me ya

Edited by ne0mesis

I CAN PERFECTLY UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL! cause this was what exactly happened to me too

welcome to tblog. get blogddicted. ha!

p.s: got gd lobang must share with me ya

that is a given bro! ;)

oh oh..... :unsure: thanx for the heads up. was ur residence audited by him? ;)

Yeap ...

And some other ppl in this forum also. I never heard no one that not being advised not to tilt the door

hello bro! ur advice is duely noted. however, there comes a time where we all make an impulse purchase of some kind.... :P

haha cos always physically at the shop, you will think this shop should be ok lah.

BUT, when you return home to check for reviews you will see all the bad side.

i impulse 1 time, hope will not cause me too many trouble :unsure: