Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
darth vader

The Chronicles Of Segar......

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
:drunk::drunk::drunk: 2 more angonising weeks to go for my 2nd appt....arrrggghhhhh :furious::furious::furious:

time will flash pass quickly, patience is the key...meanwhile do some shopping for your desired items...by the time you collected your keys, you will start lamenting that your wallet is bleeding... :D

time will flash pass quickly, patience is the key...meanwhile do some shopping for your desired items...by the time you collected your keys, you will start lamenting that your wallet is bleeding... :D

indeed....... :sport-smiley-004:

:drunk::drunk::drunk: 2 more angonising weeks to go for my 2nd appt....arrrggghhhhh :furious::furious::furious:

after this 2 weeks, you will be counting down to start of reno, start of tiling, start of carpentry, HO and moving in :D

After lurking behind the scenes for a considerable amount of time and enjoying the various beautiful homes that were featured, i reckoned its time to do a little introduction on my new abode in BP and share my renovation progress in time to come. 1st thing 1st, the floorplan.....

floorplan.jpg

on a serious note... small or big, i think the space can be defined - perceptionlysis. OK, i was jus trying to be cheem. but i think that did not pull off very well. ha!

anywayz.. if i may suggest, if it helps at all, if it's up to me to create space, if there's time still, i would

1. hack down the kitchen wall, removing the narrow feel of the kitchen entrance. that way, your kitchen would seem infinity as well esp if you are using same tile from kitchen to living.

2. if not hacking the wall because you want to contain the kitchen because of cooking or sort, I suggest you hack still but replace it with a transparent glass partition.

3. adopt a L shape kitchen set-up but I try to avoid top and bottom cabinet design cause seemingly, that design is everywhere (btw, am not going top and bottom too). i feel it gives better feeling of space to me. at the start of the wall that is part of the household shelter on the extreme right would be tall unit and fridge.

4. at the start of the 3.85m long wall, would be your entire bottom cabinets. on top would be as follow - long preparation area, sink, short preparation area, hob.

5. it seems like at the corner would be wasted cause your fridge place would mean that the corner cabinet cant be used. not so - adopt the ikea swivel kind where you put pull out at the next cabinet door. would be a lovely corner to put pots and sort

6. throw all laundry items at the opposite side short wall. washer stack dryer whichever

7. if stack up, you still have luxury to prep one movable kitchen island in case you need to activate even more space

8. nicely put the movable kitchen island near the tall unit and you can even entertain your guests who are sitting at the dining area which i will designate it near the wall belonging to the w.c

9. VERY SWEE AND BIG LOR I THINK!

9a. at least your kitchen is square lei. i seen a few in 17x in bukit panjang.. the kitchen is odd-shaped. those really are challenging! so you're ok ya!

9b. buy la, buy together the samsung washer dryer lei. hahahah

hey DV, your living room is massive!! have you figured out how much BTU you'd need to cool it?

he got say living room got air con unit ah? i read up and down never see lei. made me read so many times

wahahha

after this 2 weeks, you will be counting down to start of reno, start of tiling, start of carpentry, HO and moving in :D

yup yup. in anycase, i would want to start my reno b4 the lunar 7th mth. i will only move in mid sep, so my id has plenty of time. :dancingqueen:

on a serious note... small or big, i think the space can be defined - perceptionlysis. OK, i was jus trying to be cheem. but i think that did not pull off very well. ha!

anywayz.. if i may suggest, if it helps at all, if it's up to me to create space, if there's time still, i would

1. hack down the kitchen wall, removing the narrow feel of the kitchen entrance. that way, your kitchen would seem infinity as well esp if you are using same tile from kitchen to living.

2. if not hacking the wall because you want to contain the kitchen because of cooking or sort, I suggest you hack still but replace it with a transparent glass partition.

3. adopt a L shape kitchen set-up but I try to avoid top and bottom cabinet design cause seemingly, that design is everywhere (btw, am not going top and bottom too). i feel it gives better feeling of space to me. at the start of the wall that is part of the household shelter on the extreme right would be tall unit and fridge.

4. at the start of the 3.85m long wall, would be your entire bottom cabinets. on top would be as follow - long preparation area, sink, short preparation area, hob.

5. it seems like at the corner would be wasted cause your fridge place would mean that the corner cabinet cant be used. not so - adopt the ikea swivel kind where you put pull out at the next cabinet door. would be a lovely corner to put pots and sort

6. throw all laundry items at the opposite side short wall. washer stack dryer whichever

7. if stack up, you still have luxury to prep one movable kitchen island in case you need to activate even more space

8. nicely put the movable kitchen island near the tall unit and you can even entertain your guests who are sitting at the dining area which i will designate it near the wall belonging to the w.c

9. VERY SWEE AND BIG LOR I THINK!

9a. at least your kitchen is square lei. i seen a few in 17x in bukit panjang.. the kitchen is odd-shaped. those really are challenging! so you're ok ya!

9b. buy la, buy together the samsung washer dryer lei. hahahah

hahaha....u can consider space planning as a sideline liao. :good:

hey DV, your living room is massive!! have you figured out how much BTU you'd need to cool it?

ermmm....no plans to have any aircon in the living room, going for sys 2 only. part of the bedroom beside mbr will be a wiw, so it'll only be a/c for my mbr and mj room. ;)

he got say living room got air con unit ah? i read up and down never see lei. made me read so many times

wahahha

spot on bro, mulling btwn starmex, mhi and toshiba inverter system 2 from either Aron or Hong Tar. :sport-smiley-018: