Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
darth vader

The Chronicles Of Segar......

congrats! darth vader

who perform the 'dong tu' ritual? urself? or id/contractor? do u hit on the wall to be hacked? or hacked and hv to fill back? tks for sharing :)

thanx gigi! the simple ritual was done by ourselves. that wall was not mean to be hacked. fsm just told us to hit that wall till it exposes the concrete. the painters will take care of it come painting time. ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
that's my hammer i bought from the "wu jin dian" for the dong tu too! serious! hahaha.

the hammer must b really lucky

is that rite? that hammer is the de facto dong-tu hammer for BP-ians, i tell u. :P

think back then, these wall tiles are quite 'in' huh.

mine also like tat lei! haha

yup! but the choice of colours really baffles me....... :unsure:

is that rite? that hammer is the de facto dong-tu hammer for BP-ians, i tell u. :P

yea, HUAT AH!

yup! but the choice of colours really baffles me....... :unsure:

you can say that again man..

.........just came back from vlux, wat a freaking hot day it is! The good thing is i managed to settle my hse lighting at 1 go. Pleasant surprise: i found the artichoke lamp (read: replica variant) that i sooooooo desired! but, but, didnt buy it in the end bucz: i) jin ex ($1k+); ii) my revamped design after fsm audit does not facilitate placement of any ceiling lites less the toilets & bomb shelter. Wat a bummer...... :unsure: Anyways here's wat i got....

Feature wall T5 lites (qty: 09) in warm white for my LR+shoe cabinet+kitchen+MBR :notti:

T5light.jpg

PLC w aluminium trim (qty: 29) for the whole house w cool white coloured bulbs

plclightforwholehouse.jpg

ceiling lites (qty: 03) w ultra bright white coloured bulbs for my 2 toilets & bomb shelter

ceilinglitefortoiletbombshelter.jpg

All this for a total of $1300, not sure if its too ex. hmm.... :dunno:

And then i chanced upon tis beautiful floor standing lite whilst making payments:

floorstandinglight.jpg

Was thinking of placing it at the corner of my dining area so that it overlooks the centerpoint of my dining table. ID say its ok but the ballast stand may be too bulky. will mull over it again. @ less than 500 bux after 50% discount, the price is really attractive...... :dribble:

Nid some help from u guys on bathroom fittings. Where is a good place to get the toilet bowls, basin, storage heater, shower heads and bathroom accesories? Oh ya, kitchen sink as well as tap fittings as well. Was thinking of Heritage and GR link. any inputs will be very much appreciated! :dancingqueen:

I got my stuff from poh seng and hoe kee at jalan besar... take a scroll along there and do some comparisons. :)

thanx alot Sheryl! will pop by there to look see look see later..... ;)

bro darth.... these are my humble visitings for my mixers, sinks, bowls etc..

Poh Seng @ 153, Jalan Besar for kitchen sinks, toilet bowls (yet to decide which to buy)

GR Link @ 155, Jalan Besar for kitchen sinks, toilet bowls (yet to decide which to buy)

Home & Bathroom Building Products @ 566, Balestier Road, just a few shops down beside Hafary for my hansgrohe items (bought from there)

Sim Siang Choon @ 99, Bukit Timah Road, Alfa Centre (yet to decide which to buy)

Lookz Pte Ltd @ 308 Balestier Rd opposite Balestier Point

Disclaimer ah: SSC & Lookz is strictly walk-in customer, no homework done on these shops or its review on RT.

btw, lookz has this package thingy - bowl and bathroom sink @ $388 (limited designs though).

Happy Shopping!

Edited by ne0mesis

bro darth.... these are my humble visitings for my mixers, sinks, bowls etc..

Poh Seng @ 153, Jalan Besar for kitchen sinks, toilet bowls (yet to decide which to buy)

GR Link @ 155, Jalan Besar for kitchen sinks, toilet bowls (yet to decide which to buy)

Home & Bathroom Building Products @ 566, Balestier Road, just a few shops down beside Hafary for my hansgrohe items (bought from there)

Sim Siang Choon @ 99, Bukit Timah Road, Alfa Centre (yet to decide which to buy)

Lookz Pte Ltd @ 308 Balestier Rd opposite Balestier Point

Disclaimer ah: SSC & Lookz is strictly walk-in customer, no homework done on these shops or its review on RT.

btw, lookz has this package thingy - bowl and bathroom sink @ $388 (limited designs though).

Happy Shopping!

Hmm i got my one crizto bowl and bathroom sink @ 288 at Heritage during GSS. It's a steal imo, as my wife and I are not very picky in toilet stuff :P

Bro darth, you might want to ask your ID to check with Heritage to see whether he can match the sales package price or not.

1.3k for lighting is not very ex imo. All my lightings cost me 1.7k already

Edited by madcat

i find 'Eng Soon Huat Hardware Merchant' at 140 jalan besar is worth to check out too....i was just comparing px on kitchen mixer & sinks...hvnt bot anything yet.

Today's weather was a stark contrast to yesterday.......gloomy day with rain & all.......had to literally haul our @sses off the bed to cover another major, & possibly the most daunting purchase(s) to date: bathroom & kitchen fittings. So, off we were, my Mrs and I, to Sim Siang Choon @ Changi where we tot would be a one stop shop for all that we need today.........NOT. It took us all of 30 minutes to make our way out. Now pls dun get me wrong here; SSC carries a huge inventory of every imaginable bathroom/toilet/kitchen fittings, no qualms abt that. However, herein lies the problem: we were simply overwhelmed by the sheer variety that we didnt know where and how to start. :help::help::help: Both of us were really inclined to go back home and continue our horizontal meditation (read: sleep) :notti::notti::notti: . Can't really blame us with such a condusive weather right? :bleah::bleah::bleah:

As we drove off SSC's premises, somehow, Heritage came to my mind; it felt like an epiphany. Ok, i was dramatising here. It was pre-mediated. 8|8|8| Ok ok, i digressed too much. So we made our way to Heritage and was served by Irene. The smaller shop front made it easier on the eye for old folks like us, and we took our time looking through. Still we were lost. Thats when Irene took the que and guided us along systematically starting with the kitchen accessories b4 moving on to the toilet fittings. All in all, it us all of 3 hours to select, de-select, select again (sic) with lots of bargaining for good measure. Here are the pics of my purchases after the epic 3 hour adventure. :sport-smiley-018:

Kitchen

Kitchen undermount sink 550mm

undermountkitchensink.jpg

Kitchen sink tap

kitchensinktap2.jpg