Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
darth vader

The Chronicles Of Segar......

Earlier today, we got our unit audited by Master Chang. It was a roller-coaster ride during the 3 hour audit, notwithstanding our bazi reading (more on that later). Basically, our unit has no wealth spot..... :( also, our unit has a fair bit of undesirable sha qi due to external factors (which was so chim when Master Chang explained that it left us none the wiser). The unique layout didnt help matters too. Another bad news was that our MBR is not condusive and suitable to function as one....double whammy.... :bangwall: so, our MBR is now our de facto wiw cum study room and the adjacent bedroom is nw our MBR. Suffice to say, the entrance will be shifted forward for our new bigass MBR cum wiw cum study room. :notti:

Some of u guys might hv probably guessed it; we nid to tilt the main door.....AND gate! zzzzzz another round of headache for us. That aside, if there's any consolation, the remedies are nothing more than a simple placement of 1 windchime as well as a vase with coarse salt right smack in the middle of our living/dining, albeit against the wall. We were strongly ecouraged to position our tv and sofa where the std placement of dining table shd be, aka role reversal btwn living & dining. And no water feature of any kind at all. This is on top of specific colour schemes for each individual rooms which was to be strictly adhered to. Oh well, me and my Mrs had a consensus, either we go thru the whole works or we dun at all. :good: Will be meeting w our ID this Sat to try and work something out. Our reno commencement date is at end of Jul and my ID needs to submit the permit application for door tilting and reno works. Time is of the essence. The clock is ticking......... :jawdrop:

hai, i believe in elements, energy and sorts (though am quite a free-thinker) and quite keen on getting long shi fu to come up my place.

but i have my designs in mind and i really don't want to change it big time.

hence, the dilemma to have long or no long. haha

now that you see through it, suggest you make sure yr ID gets his or her creative juice going and adhere to shi fu's consultation

hey hey, my reno starting 19 jul. you're my buddy buddy now.

keep each other updated about reno ya. haha

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hai, i believe in elements, energy and sorts (though am quite a free-thinker) and quite keen on getting long shi fu to come up my place.

but i have my designs in mind and i really don't want to change it big time.

hence, the dilemma to have long or no long. haha

now that you see through it, suggest you make sure yr ID gets his or her creative juice going and adhere to shi fu's consultation

hey hey, my reno starting 19 jul. you're my buddy buddy now.

keep each other updated about reno ya. haha

that is a given. ;) how long will ur reno take? my will take 7-8 weeks. will only shift in after the 7th month.

that is a given. ;) how long will ur reno take? my will take 7-8 weeks. will only shift in after the 7th month.

mine too.

the supposingly gd date to "dong tu" is 21 or 24th. so gonna check wit id tomorrow if 24th is possible

mine too.

the supposingly gd date to "dong tu" is 21 or 24th. so gonna check wit id tomorrow if 24th is possible

nice. i hope to finalise my rmy revised layout and commence reno by end Jul. hopefully my reno cost wun escalate again...... :bow:

nice. i hope to finalise my rmy revised layout and commence reno by end Jul. hopefully my reno cost wun escalate again...... :bow:

well.. all parties agree to start on 26th Jul for me.

same here, my final quote is out and I need to trim it badly.

otherwise, will be face green green lei

well.. all parties agree to start on 26th Jul for me.

same here, my final quote is out and I need to trim it badly.

otherwise, will be face green green lei

my quote is out too, a slight increment due to changes made in lieu of my fsm's audit. oh well..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So we went to the Furniture Mall @ Beach Road earlier today and got ourselves the final piece of furniture(s) required: Dining set. Spent 3 hours there shortlisting from the usual suspects, ie, Lorenzo, Mondi, Cellini, FC homes and the likes. Finally we chanced upon this piece from the unlikeliest of source: St Louis.

Dining Chair

diningset4.jpg

Dining table

diningset1.jpg

Dining table

diningset5.jpg

Despite some less than ideal comments on them, we decided to go ahead with our purchase anyway cuz this particular set, though not the most unique one around, suits our theme well. The colour combi was in line as per our FSM's audit. Bargained really hard for it (or least i think i did :D ) and paid deposit for it. For those curious abt the cost, its in the region of mid 1k, gst and delivery included. Keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth delivery.

Here's my general impression of St Louis:

Pro: Non pushy sales lady by the name of Linda. Very patient and tried to accomodate our needs and match our price. Quite a good variety.

Con: Pricing and model indicated. Price does not include GST.

So we went to the Furniture Mall @ Beach Road earlier today and got ourselves the final piece of furniture(s) required: Dining set. Spent 3 hours there shortlisting from the usual suspects, ie, Lorenzo, Mondi, Cellini, FC homes and the likes. Finally we chanced upon this piece from the unlikeliest of source: St Louis.

Dining Chair

diningset4.jpg

Dining table

diningset1.jpg

Dining table

diningset5.jpg

Despite some less than ideal comments on them, we decided to go ahead with our purchase anyway cuz this particular set, though not the most unique one around, suits our theme well. The colour combi was in line as per our FSM's audit. Bargained really hard for it (or least i think i did :D ) and paid deposit for it. For those curious abt the cost, its in the region of mid 1k, gst and delivery included. Keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth delivery.

Here's my general impression of St Louis:

Pro: Non pushy sales lady by the name of Linda. Very patient and tried to accomodate our needs and match our price. Quite a good variety.

Con: Pricing and model indicated. Price does not include GST.

gee..... the table looks d a r n posh, designer chic and atas la! very nice!!!!

hmm.. actually quite ok lei compare to the more complicated wood / laminates counterparts. at least is glass right, so anything funny on it can tell easily. make sure u tell them the expected delivery date and their ex stock availablity. call them weeks before the real delivery ya.

swee la

gee..... the table looks d a r n posh, designer chic and atas la! very nice!!!!

hmm.. actually quite ok lei compare to the more complicated wood / laminates counterparts. at least is glass right, so anything funny on it can tell easily. make sure u tell them the expected delivery date and their ex stock availablity. call them weeks before the real delivery ya.

swee la

Thanx alot for ur kind comments Fabian. Point duly noted on the delivery aspect. Will definately gv a reminder call a week, 3 days and 1 day b4 the actual delivery date! :P

All gd bro?

my side "dong tu-ing" coming saturday.

let's hope our reno happens side-by-side eh.. you "zao gor" wa, i "zao gor" lir

Yo, my dong tu cermony will be on the 29th @ 1315H. Hoping for a smooth reno & i know for sure my place is in the good hands of Dave. :thumbs up:

Earlier on i went to Lightcraft and Vlux to look see look see but i cannot find the artichoke pendant light by Poul Henningsen that i so adore. A quick search on the forum revealed a price of $990, but i'm not sure if its for the real mccoy. Any bros/sis can help me out on this? :bow:

Poul_Henningsen_PH_Artichoke_Lamp_pnq.jp

(pics courtesy of www.bonluxat.com)

wah.. nice pendant light.. but it will be very troublesome to clean in the long run..

are you prepared before buying it? :no: and it price tag seems also very beautiful...

but it will be worthy if both you and your wife just love it.

wah.. nice pendant light.. but it will be very troublesome to clean in the long run..

are you prepared before buying it? :no: and it price tag seems also very beautiful...

but it will be worthy if both you and your wife just love it.

*whispers quietly* My Mrs will be in charge of cleaning....... :notti: If the price tag is really so prohibitive, then i guess its either this light or the ipad. :dunno:

Yo, my dong tu cermony will be on the 29th @ 1315H. Hoping for a smooth reno & i know for sure my place is in the good hands of Dave. :thumbs up:

Earlier on i went to Lightcraft and Vlux to look see look see but i cannot find the artichoke pendant light by Poul Henningsen that i so adore. A quick search on the forum revealed a price of $990, but i'm not sure if its for the real mccoy. Any bros/sis can help me out on this? :bow:

Poul_Henningsen_PH_Artichoke_Lamp_pnq.jp

(pics courtesy of www.bonluxat.com)

I dong tu-ed today at 1pm bro! a simple knock and a shout of HUAT AH! does the trick. haha

if its for the real mccoy, I can't help.

but the wannabe is available at lightings.com.sg

I dong tu-ed today at 1pm bro! a simple knock and a shout of HUAT AH! does the trick. haha

if its for the real mccoy, I can't help.

but the wannabe is available at lightings.com.sg

for real? any indicative pricing on the replica? :dancingqueen: