Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
darkfear

Destination: Simei

I also encountered the same thing as u! :horse:

Very pissed and angry that I went to NPC and the officer on duty told me "there's nothing that we can do"... :curse: Ask me to go to ICA, which I did by e-mailing them the very nite.. The whole family of buggers didn't changed their address for more than one year! :jawdrop:

Anyway, to cut the story short, the whole family of buggers (father, daughter and son) owed a lot of institutions money, both private and govt. In the end, the son and daughter finally changed thir IC address but not with the private institutions. The father bugger (Lim Peng Choon), apparently our SPF is out in force looking for him but still can't find him! :bangwall:

But now, I have something better in hand - the son's new address! So any financial institution looking for the father bugger, I will direct to the son bugger! :P The son has still not changed his address with some pte institutions, so I will too, direct them to his new address, esp the one that he owes money for his car! Let them tow away his car! :furious:

Anyway, word of advice. If u receive letters from govt sectors, u had better inform ICA coz it means the bugger if an ex-owner had obviously not changed his address! 8|

Wah jeffcraze, how come these Simei peeps always owing pple money?? I'm surprised that it's so common! I was still at my new place feeling dumb that this happened to us cos we failed to find out from the neighbours abt loan sharks etc. before we bought the place!

And how did u dig up some much info about the family? I don't even know who this guy is! We only suspect he's an ex-tenant and know next to nothing about him except his name and IC.. :o

Just like to warn others that next time you buy a resale flat, DO NOT buy one from an owner who rents out the house. Alot of nonsense like this happening and junk mail in the mailbox too. All sorts of letters with names of all nationalities. Urgh.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
For the time being, just to be safe, try go with hubby and keep a lookout at void deck and at the flat level.. in case the mike tries to be funny.. :unsure:

Also keep the number of the neighbourhood police post in your HP.

Eh.. me also kana leh.. a guy from a finance institute came to ask for ex-owner coz they no answer their calls and mails.. lucky the ex-owners stil comes to pick up letters so told them to Xfer their mails to their new pl asap.. ;)

Last tm i heard, buyers before buying the flat, are adviced to ask neightbours if got any "loan sharks" etc.. got ppl go ask before buying house or not huh? or any background back on the unit?? coz i didn't leh... :P

Haha you mean NPP number is not 999?? :P

Anyway was quite disappointed that the police can't do anything about it. Can't even talk to the Eurohub pple on my behalf and just say that they can only step in if he comes again and charge him with harassment. But then I'm thinking, won't that be too late?? This time my gate kena some paint peeled off cos they stuck the letters with those transparent masking tape. I dunno what they might do next. :o

About the background check, we did kinda ask the auntie next door about some stuff but except from the fact that some ex-tenants were dirty, she didn't say anything leh. Moreover, the loan was made on 18 May which is during the time it was empty cos WE WERE BUYING the d.amn place!! It's obviously the Reuel guy trying to cheat the moneylender lor.

Haven't move in, but Ah Long move in already :furious:

IMG_8824.jpg

Extract from the ICA website

16. Am I required to update my change of address?

Yes. You must report your change of address no later than 28 days from the date of change of residence. If you fail to report a change of address within the stipulated time frame, you are guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding S$5000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or both.

Edited by marsbars27

hai wifey dun be too pek cek i'm sure it's over le!

anyway just to take our minds off... i changed the color scheme of our kitchen!!!

untitled.jpg

how???????

hai wifey dun be too pek cek i'm sure it's over le!

anyway just to take our minds off... i changed the color scheme of our kitchen!!!

untitled.jpg

how???????

I want brown! Like Lachesis'! :wub:

Edited by marsbars27

Anyway jeff, you mean the ICA people managed to get the address of the debtor?? so odd... the stupid mike moron ask me to go ICA help them find address, I ask him "why should I do this for you?" stupid kuku... no offense to the other kuku :D

hope this is the last of the episode and everyone moves on!!

Nope, ICA didn't provide me with the address.. One of the financial institutions that the father bugger owes money to, with the son bugger as guarantor, sent a letter to my address asking old father bugger to pay up, with son's new address. :D So I "kindly" passed on the info to the financial institutions, even those looking for the father... :P

ICA managed to get the son and daughter to change their address but can't locate father. :curse:

IMG_8824.jpg

Extract from the ICA website

Wah! They splashed paint on yr door? WTF?! :furious:

Erhm, regarding tat extract, according to the ICA officer in charge of my case, he told me it is not up to them to charge the person for not changing his address... It is up to our dear SPF... :bangwall:

Wah! They splashed paint on yr door? WTF?! :furious:

Erhm, regarding tat extract, according to the ICA officer in charge of my case, he told me it is not up to them to charge the person for not changing his address... It is up to our dear SPF... :bangwall:

no la that one is the gate falling apart.. haha thats the paint peeling at places.. but they stuck the stupid tape around the gate so the paint came off together when wifey removed.. lucky not our new gate or else i surely go down to their stupid place give them upside down.

anyways which section to ICA did you report to? I will get their reply, then send it to SPF HQ to see what they gonna do. Bloody passing the buck around. SPF say they can't do anything, then ICA say they supposed to charge the person. I'm gonna ask ICA/SPF what the **** they do with the rule cited by wifey.

Am I required to update my change of address?

Yes. You must report your change of address no later than 28 days from the date of change of residence. If you fail to report a change of address within the stipulated time frame, you are guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding S$5000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or both."

I second that.. brown is nice :)

ohhhhhhh nooooooooooozzzzzz.............. don't add oil to fire!!!!

no la that one is the gate falling apart.. haha thats the paint peeling at places.. but they stuck the stupid tape around the gate so the paint came off together when wifey removed.. lucky not our new gate or else i surely go down to their stupid place give them upside down.

anyways which section to ICA did you report to? I will get their reply, then send it to SPF HQ to see what they gonna do. Bloody passing the buck around. SPF say they can't do anything, then ICA say they supposed to charge the person. I'm gonna ask ICA/SPF what the **** they do with the rule cited by wifey.

Am I required to update my change of address?

Yes. You must report your change of address no later than 28 days from the date of change of residence. If you fail to report a change of address within the stipulated time frame, you are guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding S$5000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or both."

jeffcraze: if u take e lift on my side down to level 8, u'll see loan shark splashings painted over to cover it up.. hope it doesnt affect any one of us!

IMG_8824.jpg

this is d'amn heart wrenching! :curse: i can imagine the joy you must be going through to transform your current place only to have this marred by this bad act. hopefully SPF can act fast and solve your issue.

Edited by titanax

ohhhhhhh nooooooooooozzzzzz.............. don't add oil to fire!!!!

eh, IMHO, I aso prefer brown, lucky on this me n hubby has a common standing. just that my preferred shade of brown with hubby different :furious: he prefer uncle uncle cherry shade. but now he is "converted" :lol:

Edited by samgalz

this is d'amn heart wrenching! :curse: i can imagine the joy you must be going through to transform your current place only to have this marred by this bad act. hopefully SPF can act fast and solve your issue.

yeah.. so d'amn sad to see such a thing happen loh.. i wrote to ICA already and will see what they gonna do. **** angry loh spf say they not gonna do anything.. i can just sense they are passing the buck around le. if both ICA and SPF sit on their asses and does not get resolved, i'm going to write to mp to get this resolved man.

eh, IMHO, I aso prefer brown, lucky on this me n hubby has a common standing. just that my preferred shade of brown with hubby different :furious: he prefer uncle uncle cherry shade. but now he is "converted" :lol:

oh noz... another brown promoter!!! haha... ok la I am fine with brown but thought that it would be interesting to try something bold like red! still **** confused about the colour zzzz.....