Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
darkfear

Destination: Simei

Similiar situation as my reno.. to make things easy, i could have just paid up and keep with the faults..

Shld i have done so knowing fully things is not right and shld be rectified, contractor whom i paid for is pushing awasy his responsibility? :curse:

Esp this thing wic concerns safety of yourself and family.

What would you have done if your wife/child is threathened in the public, or your door is splashed with paint by loansharks? Keep quiet and forget abt it coz knowing it can't be solved in 1 week time?

I'm sure everyone wants to live in a safe neighbourhood.. :D

Forward ICA's reply to SPF. Let them "settle" among themselves. Meet MP with the letters.. This is a good way to start right?

Sharking problem cannot be solved overnight but it needs to start somewhere. U make a report.. no one wants to do anything.. but u have names and reports.. if something happens, heads wld roll.. if knowing this, would ICA/SPF not act?

Forum is to help each other solve problems.. give suggestions.. also to share so others can be better prepared..

Thanks fencer, that is most aptly placed. We should never accept things the way they are if there is something inherently wrong with anything, be it the system governing such offences or contractors not fulfiling their end of the contract.

Ultimately, I am not trying to stir **** or make a mountain out of a molehill. I sincerely hope that I can push through this problem so that a resolution can be reached with regards to this problem. The authorities have been sitting for far too long on this problem and it seems nothing has been done to curb this, except for deterrence actions like getting SPF to patrol or file reports, whatever good that might do. These are curative measures which will help nobody, especially the poor lady who miscarriaged or tormented couples who suffer damages to their property. What we need are preventive measures to help us curb such ridiculous actions! This is almost identity theft, which is a very serious offence, yet there is no strong arm of the law coming hard down on such errant behaviour!

Maybe I will succeed, likely I won't in the minds of some, but I will raise this issue and I will seek a proper resolution as far as I can press this matter..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Update.

Wifey and I have been monitoring this guy called Reuel Locsin Samson Gellido on the Facebook. Interestingly, after a few days of my posting here, he changed his name and locked down his entire profile such that you can't search for him anymore. Fortunately, I've already taken note of his picture, and I will post it here. The agent has confirmed that the person on the left (plump) is Samson Gellido.

41391_100000545431159_1091_n.jpg

I will be asking the ex-owner/agent to see if the person is in the picture.

Reuel Gellido, if you are reading this, I would advise you to own up because, if you do not, I will not stop until the full weight of the law is on you.

Edited by darkfear

Update.

Wifey and I have been monitoring this guy called Reuel Locsin Samson Gellido on the Facebook. Interestingly, after a few days of my posting here, he changed his name and locked down his entire profile such that you can't search for him anymore. Fortunately, I've already taken note of his picture, and I will post it here. I would personally apologize to this person if this is a case of mistaken identity.

41391_100000545431159_1091_n.jpg

I will be asking the ex-owner/agent to see if the person is in the picture.

Reuel Gellido, if you are reading this, I would advise you to own up because, if you do not, I will not stop until the full weight of the law is on you.

is he the guy on the left or right? hope you can resolve this issue asap...gd luck!

is he the guy on the left or right? hope you can resolve this issue asap...gd luck!

I am currently waiting for agent/owner to get back to me to identify the person, but I strongly believe at least that this profile belongs to that guy. He locked down his friends profile, searching for him etc, but I have a list of his friends (77) and I'm going to approach them all to ask his whereabouts. There's no way I'm letting him go until he owns up to his folly.

Once I get a positive ID from agent/owner, I will furnish this picture to ICA/SPF for their use. Interesting fact: Agent told me he was a migrant who was using a work permit to do his stuff back when he was tenant, but interestingly, now he has an IC number to flaunt around to creditors. Either ICA cock up, let him become PR/citizen without even doing a check on his address, or some more weird stuff is going on.

Yeah... I've always read in the news sometimes this kinda stuff happens, especially there was this past case about a poor pregnant woman who miscarriaged because she was chased by her "creditors".. Initially, I thought this is a minority case, but it seems it's quite far-reaching and we should actually push through with making the authorities do something, unlike some other forummers telling us they can't do this nor that.

I am not punching her or harassing her, and am glad to talk to a higher level brass to get this done.. ultimately i'm not venting frustration but trying to get a proper response, and maybe post it here to let other future owners know how to deal with such problems when it happens to them..

Sigh... MAS i think is more policy related but I agree that they can do more to reduce or improve how they operate business..

MAS grants licences to money lenders, so they surely can do something. Just that no one wants to do more work for same pay. :)

Till one day when a MP's house get splashed paint, we probably would not see any major changes. Still remember how the chewing gum ban came about? :) Its very frustrating that nothing can be done to such an incident....Singapore say small not small, say big also not big. Its also a fact that no one will help u track down a deliquent creditor...sorry to splash cold water but this is the truth. Its just not high on their priority.

Have u tried writing to the money lender, copy letter to MAS? Since they are licenced, they better dun play around. This would at least subside the problem for that particular company. Meanwhile, tracking down the guy via facebook is a good idea, though time consuming...

I am currently waiting for agent/owner to get back to me to identify the person, but I strongly believe at least that this profile belongs to that guy. He locked down his friends profile, searching for him etc, but I have a list of his friends (77) and I'm going to approach them all to ask his whereabouts. There's no way I'm letting him go until he owns up to his folly.

Once I get a positive ID from agent/owner, I will furnish this picture to ICA/SPF for their use. Interesting fact: Agent told me he was a migrant who was using a work permit to do his stuff back when he was tenant, but interestingly, now he has an IC number to flaunt around to creditors. Either ICA cock up, let him become PR/citizen without even doing a check on his address, or some more weird stuff is going on.

isn't this always the case? our gahmen likes "foreign talent" mah. If he lock his profile within a couple of days after u start checking on him...there could be 3 possibilities:

1) he is active or passive reading in RT, could be getting his own place and doing reno.... 8|

2) ur ex-owner or agent has continuing contact with him and not letting u know. they might inform him that u are looking for him cos of the credit co...

3) his friend might hv informed him when u started checking? or hv u not?

either way, i wish u luck, u will need tons of it to stop this idiot.

MAS grants licences to money lenders, so they surely can do something. Just that no one wants to do more work for same pay. :)

Till one day when a MP's house get splashed paint, we probably would not see any major changes. Still remember how the chewing gum ban came about? :) Its very frustrating that nothing can be done to such an incident....Singapore say small not small, say big also not big. Its also a fact that no one will help u track down a deliquent creditor...sorry to splash cold water but this is the truth. Its just not high on their priority.

Have u tried writing to the money lender, copy letter to MAS? Since they are licenced, they better dun play around. This would at least subside the problem for that particular company. Meanwhile, tracking down the guy via facebook is a good idea, though time consuming...

I agree that there is more they can do, but as again I can't comment because I'm not versed with how this money lending thing works or is controlled..

No worries, I know I'm fighting an uphill battle, with loads of cold water (lol just like the rain now.. flood!), but I will continue on and on and on until I either give up or they give in.. So let's see how it will go from here..

That's actually a very good idea, but unfortunately it's hard to contact the money lender through other methods besides handphone.. I'm not keen to write in through snail mail.. Anyways although I'm still concerned, I do hope the company knows they will not be getting anything from I, and will stop their notices. I will take action up against them only if they do so again. Looking it from their angle, they are done in as much as I by the main moron. Yeah time-consuming, but well worth it. I look forward to the day he is apprehended, or flee singapore like a dog with tail tucked between his legs.

isn't this always the case? our gahmen likes "foreign talent" mah. If he lock his profile within a couple of days after u start checking on him...there could be 3 possibilities:

1) he is active or passive reading in RT, could be getting his own place and doing reno.... 8|

2) ur ex-owner or agent has continuing contact with him and not letting u know. they might inform him that u are looking for him cos of the credit co...

3) his friend might hv informed him when u started checking? or hv u not?

either way, i wish u luck, u will need tons of it to stop this idiot.

heh.. good one on the foreign talent.. it's fantastic they bring pests in as well to f around with us citizens..

Good points, but given his lousy credit lol i doubt he has the financial means to maintain a house much less reno. I don't doubt pt 2, but I also don't think they have anything to gain by informing him.. Oh yes I don't mind him knowing that I'm checking up on him. I want him to know, I want him afraid and I want him scurrying around like the rat he is. Once I confirm his identity, I am going to MOM with it, and put it at as many places in Singapore that I can to make sure this rat is flushed out. Appreciate your kind wishes samgalz..

I like wat u did! Search for him in facebook! ;)

I forgot to take down the pics of the son bugger of the ex-owner, whom was the only one which I could find on facebook, coz of his "unique" christian name! :P

Darkfear, could I PM u the person's name and u help me find his profile on facebook? Coz I can't access from office... :(

I agree that there is more they can do, but as again I can't comment because I'm not versed with how this money lending thing works or is controlled..

No worries, I know I'm fighting an uphill battle, with loads of cold water (lol just like the rain now.. flood!), but I will continue on and on and on until I either give up or they give in.. So let's see how it will go from here..

That's actually a very good idea, but unfortunately it's hard to contact the money lender through other methods besides handphone.. I'm not keen to write in through snail mail.. Anyways although I'm still concerned, I do hope the company knows they will not be getting anything from I, and will stop their notices. I will take action up against them only if they do so again. Looking it from their angle, they are done in as much as I by the main moron. Yeah time-consuming, but well worth it. I look forward to the day he is apprehended, or flee singapore like a dog with tail tucked between his legs.

Can I suggest to do a version of my "letter of demand". So that "boss" of the company knows what is going on.

Verbal is not going to be a strong point in any fights. Rem my case? pics/letters is evidence anywhere..

While sending emails to ICA/SPF, send a registered mail to the company. On assumption that "boss" of the company do not know Mike did such a thing. 8|

Send

- letter stating call made on when, wat was conversed, warning, attitude of mike etc and mention of report to police made on when (giving the serial no, officer name, branch etc). They can go find out more from police if need to.

- Send pics of what was done as well.

- a copy of the letter stick on the wall.

While effect is not immediate, you had done your due diligence to inform the company. Keep a copy of everything sent.

I found the address of Eurohub Credit. They should be registered with some authority since they can advertise money lending.

EUROHUB CREDIT

10 UBI CRESCENT

#03-13

UBI TECHPARK

SINGAPORE 408564

on a lighter note, think they may have caught mas selamat much earlier had they engaged your services... :)

lolZ!! imagine Mas Selamat has a facebook account with updates.. "hur hur i just had a good lunch, now gotta run again ciaoz!" :P

I like wat u did! Search for him in facebook! ;)

I forgot to take down the pics of the son bugger of the ex-owner, whom was the only one which I could find on facebook, coz of his "unique" christian name! :P

Darkfear, could I PM u the person's name and u help me find his profile on facebook? Coz I can't access from office... :(

yep my savvy wifey first thing is search for that rat on facebook, very smart of her! am glad she did it because now I got his friends, and most imptly, maybe his picture as well.

no problems but I don't see no reason to post his name here to shame him :P

Can I suggest to do a version of my "letter of demand". So that "boss" of the company knows what is going on.

Verbal is not going to be a strong point in any fights. Rem my case? pics/letters is evidence anywhere..

While sending emails to ICA/SPF, send a registered mail to the company. On assumption that "boss" of the company do not know Mike did such a thing. 8|

Send

- letter stating call made on when, wat was conversed, warning, attitude of mike etc and mention of report to police made on when (giving the serial no, officer name, branch etc). They can go find out more from police if need to.

- Send pics of what was done as well.

- a copy of the letter stick on the wall.

While effect is not immediate, you had done your due diligence to inform the company. Keep a copy of everything sent.

I found the address of Eurohub Credit. They should be registered with some authority since they can advertise money lending.

EUROHUB CREDIT

10 UBI CRESCENT

#03-13

UBI TECHPARK

SINGAPORE 408564

That is a very solid case built up fencer! I strongly believe in pics/evidence as well :D nonetheless, as the money lender has been informed verbally, I have decided to stop the fight on this front, and concentrate on hunting down the scurrying rat. If and when the money lenders dare to do this again, I will raise **** on them through all the channels you've suggested, and more, and this should be quite easy given they are licensed. However, worst case scenario is that Mike is actually the boss lol.. I mean how good can a boss of company get? no email no DID only numbers of Mike splattered all around in forums asking people to borrow money from them!

Similiar situation as my reno.. to make things easy, i could have just paid up and keep with the faults..

Shld i have done so knowing fully things is not right and shld be rectified, contractor whom i paid for is pushing awasy his responsibility? :curse:

Esp this thing wic concerns safety of yourself and family.

What would you have done if your wife/child is threathened in the public, or your door is splashed with paint by loansharks? Keep quiet and forget abt it coz knowing it can't be solved in 1 week time?

I'm sure everyone wants to live in a safe neighbourhood.. :D

Forward ICA's reply to SPF. Let them "settle" among themselves. Meet MP with the letters.. This is a good way to start right?

Sharking problem cannot be solved overnight but it needs to start somewhere. U make a report.. no one wants to do anything.. but u have names and reports.. if something happens, heads wld roll.. if knowing this, would ICA/SPF not act?

Forum is to help each other solve problems.. give suggestions.. also to share so others can be better prepared..

well put fencer! spoken like a real champ :D

Thanks for all your advice! Even tracked down Eurohub's address for us! :P Need more people like you on forums! If everyone could think like you then the forum has truly lived up to its purpose lor. :good: RESPECT!

yep my savvy wifey first thing is search for that rat on facebook, very smart of her! am glad she did it because now I got his friends, and most imptly, maybe his picture as well.

no problems but I don't see no reason to post his name here to shame him :P

Thanx darkfear and wifey! :D

His name is Lynyrd Lim Wai Leong (aka Lynyrd Lin Weiliang). I remb finding him in facebook before. :P

Would anyone believe it if ICA officer contact this guy and his sister and they say they dunno their father's whereabouts? :unsure: I sure have serious doubts lorz.. :curse: