Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
darkfear

Destination: Simei

Dun read too much into it lah, esp since u all didn't went for a FS audit.. ;) Mine was kinda "forced" by my parents.. :P

But, juz to share (not to scare anyone!). After we completed the reno and went to the FSM for a date to "xie tu", the 1st sentence he told us was "I beleive yr reno went very smoothly rite?" :jawdrop:

Ha.. for me, as long things go ok can liao.. got problem, can solve also ok..

Wow.. your FSM is so accurate.. Ha.. good leh... now onwards also shun shun..

Think no need ba... We are living very near each other.. Darkfear and his wifey lives one road away from me only.. ;)

Ha.. just joking lah.. darkfear's pl is just 2 block away only.. Ha..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Which wall you mean is the beam? Also, can mafan you to design something with the aircon shifted to next to the bed like we discussed? Is it possible to avoid sliding door by shifting aircon and then building the wardrobe more to the centre of the room?

I think more or less we got the kitchen design layout already after discussing with wifey! we will show you what we cooked up and see if it's workable.

Looking fwd to HO date :D

can the toilet wall at the kitchen be extended out more toward the bar counter so u get a bigger shower area and the wall will be nearer to your bar counter and the space between the wall and the counter will not be waste

Edited by timtim

can the toilet wall at the kitchen be extended out more toward the bar counter so u get a bigger shower area and the wall will be nearer to your bar counter and the space between the wall and the counter will not be waste

Hi timtim, we are actually ok with the common toilet being this size as it's not very important :P The space between the counter and the wall needs to be sufficient for us to walk through!! Anyways, it would likely be too expensive/onerous to smash the wall down and rebuild it.. Thanks for your suggestion though!

Quick update:

Phew... went with Jason on Saturday to 3 places to check out tiles (felt like a million places), and boy were we confused/bedazzled/befuddled and totally blur about what we want! It's so difficult to pick!!! The wide variety and range of tiles available is supposed to be a good thing, but in the end made us more confused!!! We got a few samples... but not very keen with them... so we went down alone to Soon Bee Huat on Sunday again!!! spent another few hours to get some samples again... still as confused!!!

Jason, just a quick question.. the girl said there are some restrictions to tile size etc etc.. We are hoping the wall tiles we can do 60x60 to make it less grout lines, but also it's cheaper to do so (30x60 is about $1 psf more than 60x60 for the same tiles!! )

Shower Floor Tiles = Max 30cm x 30 cm (to create slope)

Wall tiles = Max 60 cm x 30 cm (less to cut when near edges, in case fall off??)

We are quite sure we want to go for a cosy feel for the toilet, rather than a modern one, so we picked some tiles le.. but still not very sure :P

Quick update:

Phew... went with Jason on Saturday to 3 places to check out tiles (felt like a million places), and boy were we confused/bedazzled/befuddled and totally blur about what we want! It's so difficult to pick!!! The wide variety and range of tiles available is supposed to be a good thing, but in the end made us more confused!!! We got a few samples... but not very keen with them... so we went down alone to Soon Bee Huat on Sunday again!!! spent another few hours to get some samples again... still as confused!!!

Jason, just a quick question.. the girl said there are some restrictions to tile size etc etc.. We are hoping the wall tiles we can do 60x60 to make it less grout lines, but also it's cheaper to do so (30x60 is about $1 psf more than 60x60 for the same tiles!! )

Wall tiles = Max 60 cm x 30 cm (less to cut when near edges, in case fall off??)

We are quite sure we want to go for a cosy feel for the toilet, rather than a modern one, so we picked some tiles le.. but still not very sure :P

Ha.. got test the sample tiles with water, soap, detergent etc to see slippery-ness, water marks, soap marks etc? :P

I didn't do so.. wish i did though.. sigh.. :(

Ha.. got test the sample tiles with water, soap, detergent etc to see slippery-ness, water marks, soap marks etc? :P

I didn't do so.. wish i did though.. sigh.. :(

whoa fencer bro good point! we will do so definitely.. thanks for the advice!

whoa fencer bro good point! we will do so definitely.. thanks for the advice!

Ha.. have fun huh.. :D

Soap marks appear after u dose the tile w soap water and leave it to dry.. overtime.. the marks stays.. similiar to water stains..

Need a few days to test though.. so start testing asap loh.. Ha.. ;)

Quick update:

Yes, there is some restrictions on the size of tiles to use, be it for the floor or the walls.

For better flowing of the water to the floor trap, using 30x30cm tiles is gd enough. The bigger the size of the tiles, making the water to flow is less possible. Kitchen wall tiles using 60x60 is fine but to use it for bathroom walls may not be ideal, 1 of the reasons is due to the amount of bathroom assy., the amount of drilling needed and the risk of cracking the tiles is higher. This, I can explain it better when we meet.

So picked some tiles? How bout posting it for us to advise? :D

Ha.. have fun huh.. :D

Soap marks appear after u dose the tile w soap water and leave it to dry.. overtime.. the marks stays.. similiar to water stains..

Need a few days to test though.. so start testing asap loh.. Ha.. ;)

lol you need to redefine "fun" man!! nvm when I move in then we can have mj sessions to have fun hahaha.. k tonight will start!!

Yes, there is some restrictions on the size of tiles to use, be it for the floor or the walls.

For better flowing of the water to the floor trap, using 30x30cm tiles is gd enough. The bigger the size of the tiles, making the water to flow is less possible. Kitchen wall tiles using 60x60 is fine but to use it for bathroom walls may not be ideal, 1 of the reasons is due to the amount of bathroom assy., the amount of drilling needed and the risk of cracking the tiles is higher. This, I can explain it better when we meet.

So picked some tiles? How bout posting it for us to advise? :D

sir yes sir! ok we will try to look for 30x30, but since it's so small likely we will go for those rough texture+sparkly ones.. that's another headache! How about the floor tiles outside of the wet area? Those need to be 30x30?

Understood about the wall tiles.. we will try to go 60x60 for the kitchen wall definitely, we also picked a 30x60 for toilet wall.. hope no need too much drilling!! :P

hai the bad thing is they look pretty much the same lol so post up also looks abit funny hehe.. but i will try to take some pictures to see if I can capture their effect.. The kitchen wall and floor we picked something plain like you suggested... come to think of it our kitchen floor tiles look like our living room's!! zzz..

First signs of useless civil service at work.

My first letter.

Their crappy reply.

My reply.

Fantastic. I love how civil service passes the buck around, and where there's nowhere else to pass? Just push it back to you with stupid advice.

Hi darkfear,

Apparantly, we face the same problem as you. It seems like our ex-owner did not pay up her bill to sxxxtelcommunication and somehow we received letters from Pinnacle credit whom may be engaged by this company. I told my agent abt it and she managed to get me her new address.. Her advise was make a call to this credit com, informing them that this owner no longer staying there. My HB did so and the lady told us that they will update their system and meanwhile told us to mail the letter back. We did not open the letters but somehow manage to see the header (which is how we get to know they owe sxxxtel). So far, they did not paste anything at our unit but they hand delivered a reminder letter which they simply throw it on the floor. I wonder how many of my neighbors seen it cos they gave me a kind of unfriendly look. We went to police station to see if they can actually issue a notice for us but sadly got rejected, officer suggested to do our own notice!

lol you need to redefine "fun" man!! nvm when I move in then we can have mj sessions to have fun hahaha.. k tonight will start!!

Ohh.. fun means u get to play water like when you were young loh.. Ahhahah.. How's the fun coming along?

mj session sure on.. but for opening ceremony of the set, better invite Jaskel to "开张".. Good right? so better book Jaskel well before that huh.. :P

Hmmm does anyone happen to know if there's a timing restriction, i.e. can Dong Tu after 12 midnight??

because 5 August is a good day to Dong Tu but we will be going on a trip to M'sia :D

Aiyo, 1st time came across 3 hses doing Dong Tu/hacking @ the same date, same time but different places....headache liao, need to take panadol again....how to split into 3? :bangwall:

Aiyo, 1st time came across 3 hses doing Dong Tu/hacking @ the same date, same time but different places....headache liao, need to take panadol again....how to split into 3? :bangwall:

Muz learn ninjatsu le.. :P Then u can "clone" yrself.. :D

Hi darkfear,

Apparantly, we face the same problem as you. It seems like our ex-owner did not pay up her bill to sxxxtelcommunication and somehow we received letters from Pinnacle credit whom may be engaged by this company. I told my agent abt it and she managed to get me her new address.. Her advise was make a call to this credit com, informing them that this owner no longer staying there. My HB did so and the lady told us that they will update their system and meanwhile told us to mail the letter back. We did not open the letters but somehow manage to see the header (which is how we get to know they owe sxxxtel). So far, they did not paste anything at our unit but they hand delivered a reminder letter which they simply throw it on the floor. I wonder how many of my neighbors seen it cos they gave me a kind of unfriendly look. We went to police station to see if they can actually issue a notice for us but sadly got rejected, officer suggested to do our own notice!

Hi there, for your info, I faced the same prob and the ICA officer says that SPF has to issue the "notice", if not we can make a complaint against the officer who rejects to do so.. But I have yet to do so coz been very bz and no time to pay a visit to our frenly SPF yet.. :P

Muz learn ninjatsu le.. :P Then u can "clone" yrself.. :D

Must learn from your hubby the skills from PS3 or Wii or PSP or....... :P