Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
darkfear

Destination: Simei

Hahaha...u didn't watch "Follow the Law" meh... :D

hahaha bro can see that you watched but din care about title!! it's Just Follow Law!! :D

anyway it's super sianz... this whole thing machiam drama like that.. new couple goes to house, ganna ah-long chase, go gahmen for help, wade through red tape, and nothing gets done.. It's like hybrid between some cheesy Singapore drama+Just Follow Law... ARGGGHHHHHHH :furious:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hahaha bro can see that you watched but din care about title!! it's Just Follow Law!! :D

anyway it's super sianz... this whole thing machiam drama like that.. new couple goes to house, ganna ah-long chase, go gahmen for help, wade through red tape, and nothing gets done.. It's like hybrid between some cheesy Singapore drama+Just Follow Law... ARGGGHHHHHHH :furious:

Hahaha...ya lor...didn't follow the law to see title... :D that's why got this type of movie meh...but....the problem is, things still don't change for the better...what ISO, excellent services, etc...all just talk only...

actually, out of curiosity, what do you want them to do? prosecute reuel, unleash the dogs and mount an islandwide manhunt for reuel?

Sounds pretty stupid, because obviously in the civil world nothing gets done like the way you described so I dunno why you have that idea. Why is there a need to do an islandwide manhunt? :o

I want them to find out where Reuel is using his IC (Whether he is in Singapore or out, where he is staying etc. Govt agencies might have wind of where he is), prosecute him under the National Registration Act and also charge him with Mischief or whatever the police do to people who use other people's IC/address to get loans. Or they can either give me his address, or directly contact Eurohub Credit to let them know where he is. Straightforward and simple.

Hahaha...ya lor...didn't follow the law to see title... :D that's why got this type of movie meh...but....the problem is, things still don't change for the better...what ISO, excellent services, etc...all just talk only...

yeah... most of the time this people sit comfortably in their little cubicles and dunno what it's like to feel this kinda of frustration or anxiety until they ganna themselves.. haiz! ISO bluff one lahzz..

Sounds pretty stupid, because obviously in the civil world nothing gets done like the way you described so I dunno why you have that idea. Why is there a need to do an islandwide manhunt? :o

I want them to find out where Reuel is using his IC (Whether he is in Singapore or out, where he is staying etc. Govt agencies might have wind of where he is), prosecute him under the National Registration Act and also charge him with Mischief or whatever the police do to people who use other people's IC/address to get loans. Or they can either give me his address, or directly contact Eurohub Credit to let them know where he is. Straightforward and simple.

i know the suggestion is silly, hence, it was placed there for a purpose.

unless reuel is a man of importance (probably not), it is likely no one will be able to give you an exact answer of his whereabouts at this given time. there may be ways of tracking him down (phone records, bank records, etc) but how is that different to a manhunt? the tools required may not be the same but the resources required to track him are equally demanding and the same.

perhaps, what ica did not say out clearly is this:

your case is under investigation, reuel is placed on record as having 'possibly' contravened the national registration act ("all man is innocent until proven guilty") and an officer (mdm chua) is assigned to investigate. should reuel be found guilty, he will be charged accordingly (whether they find him or not is another matter altogether). as much as you want to, ica also couldn't provide you or anyone with his address (assuming they have an ideal in the first place). think of it this way, would you mind if anyone pay a visit to ica or the relevant authorities and by simply producing a letter or email, able to find out where you live, what car you are driving (and possibly the licence plate number), the names of your parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters (and pets, if any) and any other information they deem fit? it is silly and we know it couldn't/shouldn't be done (but if you can, please help me find out the whereabouts of gong li - i'm a big fan of hers). therefore, the request to ica to provide you with the address and/or directly contact the credit company is not straight forward and simple - it is a non-starter to begin with.

p/s: i don't work for ica nor see the need to defend them, but i thought i could offer you another angle to see things (btw, i do understand how these organisations work). if you would like a better service than spf, pay ica a visit, i'm sure they wouldn't mind offering you a cup of coffee or tea.

Edited by floppy

true, ICA has no bite here...already a very big issue faced by resale owners. :(

to be really frank, hounding the ICA ppl serves little use, they are just employees working in civil service, following instructions and rules set by the upper people. its the upper people that we need to harass.

the ICA officer is at most a punching bag to vent frustrations, so ok, u have scolded her...good...but the problem still exists.

For legal money lenders, my view is that MAS should come down on them

For illegal ones, police must come down on them.

otherwise, just scrap the stupid NRIC. Other than using it at bowling centres to exchange for shoes, what else do we need it for? :P

otherwise, just scrap the stupid NRIC. Other than using it at bowling centres to exchange for shoes, what else do we need it for? :P

provide us with additional 4d inspiration :D

Edited by floppy

provide us with additional 4d inspiration :D

To prove that we can watch NC(16) 18 or R21 shows in cinemas.

p/s: i don't work for ica nor see the need to defend them, but i thought i could offer you another angle to see things (btw, i do understand how these organisations work). if you would like a better service than spf, pay ica a visit, i'm sure they wouldn't mind offering you a cup of coffee or tea.

Skali end up u are invited to CPIB to lim kopi.

One thing I can "re-assure" u.. ICA will not give u the address.. :o In my case, "kind" Hong Leong Finance "gave" me the son bugger's new address... So, too bad for the son bugger.. :bleah:

Also, the ICA officer in charge of my case already told me clearly tat ICA wun be the one charging the person, it is all up to our dear SPF whether they wanna prosecute the person! :curse:

I think you should too so that we give them strong motivation to better handle this. Worse come to worse we can write a joint forum letter or letter to the MP. Sometimes I think you give "civilised" threats, this people will move better lolz..

Ya, I think the joint letter to MP sounds good.. Think will make them move faster.. Thou the ICA officer, no use one.. :unsure: Hmmm... Maybe shd let the MP know that the ICA officer say they "no use one"... :P

Chill peeps. it's easy to put others down, but ask yourself how you would react if it were YOUR matrimonial home, YOUR reputation on the line and YOUR family's safety to safeguard.

don't be too eager to cast stones.

Also, the ICA officer in charge of my case already told me clearly tat ICA wun be the one charging the person, it is all up to our dear SPF whether they wanna prosecute the person! :curse:

Ya, I think the joint letter to MP sounds good.. Think will make them move faster.. Thou the ICA officer, no use one.. :unsure: Hmmm... Maybe shd let the MP know that the ICA officer say they "no use one"... :P

makes me wonder why I pay taxes leh :furious:

i know the suggestion is silly, hence, it was placed there for a purpose.

unless reuel is a man of importance (probably not), it is likely no one will be able to give you an exact answer of his whereabouts at this given time. there may be ways of tracking him down (phone records, bank records, etc) but how is that different to a manhunt? the tools required may not be the same but the resources required to track him are equally demanding and the same.

perhaps, what ica did not say out clearly is this:

your case is under investigation, reuel is placed on record as having 'possibly' contravened the national registration act ("all man is innocent until proven guilty") and an officer (mdm chua) is assigned to investigate. should reuel be found guilty, he will be charged accordingly (whether they find him or not is another matter altogether). as much as you want to, ica also couldn't provide you or anyone with his address (assuming they have an ideal in the first place). think of it this way, would you mind if anyone pay a visit to ica or the relevant authorities and by simply producing a letter or email, able to find out where you live, what car you are driving (and possibly the licence plate number), the names of your parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters (and pets, if any) and any other information they deem fit? it is silly and we know it couldn't/shouldn't be done (but if you can, please help me find out the whereabouts of gong li - i'm a big fan of hers). therefore, the request to ica to provide you with the address and/or directly contact the credit company is not straight forward and simple - it is a non-starter to begin with.

So what purpose does it have, except making urself seem silly? At no point in time do I wish to find out his exact location. I stated that all I need ICA to check if he is in Singapore (which obviously they can), and if they have records of his current address (which they should). This two data will not require phone-tapping or any Hollywood style tracking that you are suggesting. In fact, that is again a silly nonsensical comment.

As you can see from my email to ICA, it is again stated clearly (maybe you should take time to read stuff before commenting) that I am actually grateful for their help to check whether reuel has contravened the statute. Of course, duh, they won't give his address or whatever oddball information you wish to find out about Gong Li based on an email. They can then follow up with a due diligence check to see if I'm genuine, such as asking me to show the police report, the letter of demand, my HDB appt letters etc. And again, like I said, I'm fine if they don't give me the address, then call Eurohub Credit up, tell them this person is no longer there, and close the case. Why is is that too demanding to ask for?

Understanding how the organizations work doesn't change the fact that they are not working to solve the problem. I have a very real problem, which it seems you have not experienced before given how carefree you sound towards other people's problems, and I expect the authorities to step in to assist since it's out of my control. And then you end off with another silly statement about asking for tea. IMO, a forum is for constructive advice to solving problems, not telling other forumers silly statements nor telling them this agency can't do this can't do that because they can and they should.

true, ICA has no bite here...already a very big issue faced by resale owners. :(

to be really frank, hounding the ICA ppl serves little use, they are just employees working in civil service, following instructions and rules set by the upper people. its the upper people that we need to harass.

the ICA officer is at most a punching bag to vent frustrations, so ok, u have scolded her...good...but the problem still exists.

For legal money lenders, my view is that MAS should come down on them

For illegal ones, police must come down on them.

Yeah... I've always read in the news sometimes this kinda stuff happens, especially there was this past case about a poor pregnant woman who miscarriaged because she was chased by her "creditors".. Initially, I thought this is a minority case, but it seems it's quite far-reaching and we should actually push through with making the authorities do something, unlike some other forummers telling us they can't do this nor that.

I am not punching her or harassing her, and am glad to talk to a higher level brass to get this done.. ultimately i'm not venting frustration but trying to get a proper response, and maybe post it here to let other future owners know how to deal with such problems when it happens to them..

Sigh... MAS i think is more policy related but I agree that they can do more to reduce or improve how they operate business..

One thing I can "re-assure" u.. ICA will not give u the address.. :o In my case, "kind" Hong Leong Finance "gave" me the son bugger's new address... So, too bad for the son bugger.. :bleah:

Haiz.. ok let's see what they will do loh... at least contact Eurohub tell him that guy no longer at the address and they are actually charging him etc etc..

I'm actually waiting for that comment from ICA to charge or whatever, so I can then refer to SPF ICA's comments and see what they will do..

Edited by darkfear

Chill peeps. it's easy to put others down, but ask yourself how you would react if it were YOUR matrimonial home, YOUR reputation on the line and YOUR family's safety to safeguard.

well said wifey.. :wub:

Similiar situation as my reno.. to make things easy, i could have just paid up and keep with the faults..

Shld i have done so knowing fully things is not right and shld be rectified, contractor whom i paid for is pushing awasy his responsibility? :curse:

Esp this thing wic concerns safety of yourself and family.

What would you have done if your wife/child is threathened in the public, or your door is splashed with paint by loansharks? Keep quiet and forget abt it coz knowing it can't be solved in 1 week time?

I'm sure everyone wants to live in a safe neighbourhood.. :D

Forward ICA's reply to SPF. Let them "settle" among themselves. Meet MP with the letters.. This is a good way to start right?

Sharking problem cannot be solved overnight but it needs to start somewhere. U make a report.. no one wants to do anything.. but u have names and reports.. if something happens, heads wld roll.. if knowing this, would ICA/SPF not act?

Forum is to help each other solve problems.. give suggestions.. also to share so others can be better prepared..