Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lalala

Agent (hsr) Refused Termination Of Exclusive Right To Sale Contract?

If mutual trust is to be trusted? will there be this thread. smell fishy here. ANOTHER CONTRACT? U ready to sand down to big trees to two matchstick?

if i were you. just let them sell and don sign any more.

what u sign maybe the OTP. and get all agent to hunt a flat for u cos winner get the deal.

ANYWAY! GOOD LUCK-sanding...

Hi, your messages a bit "sour", but realistic.

3 months are quite lengthy & along the way, quite tiring to prepare house for viewing. Agent secured targeted price and being turned down due to "personal reason", laymen like me really cannot understand why invite all these "troubles".

Edited by bepgof

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

actually.. i pity the agent.

Paid for the valuation.. and got the buyer.. then wah la.. the seller refused to sell and dun want to pay for even the valuation.. not say the effort , time and transport. :(

Morale of the story: Do not sign exclusive contract with agents?

actually.. i pity the agent.

Paid for the valuation.. and got the buyer.. then wah la.. the seller refused to sell and dun want to pay for even the valuation.. not say the effort , time and transport. :(

i don't understand ppl who want the cake & eat it too...i find it very selfish that they expect the agents to act in their best interest, but not the other way around. its not realistic to expect the agent to use his own $$ for ad placement & spend time getting ppl to view the apt when he does not know if his comm is secure. i don't blame them for trying to securing their comm.

on the other hand the contract self-renewing after 3 mths expiry is also total crap, this type of caveats are also unethical because it's in the fine print & most agents wouldn't bother to explain it unless you read it yourself & most of the time you only attempt to read it when something goes wrong!

Edited by titanax

Just to add...

Our reason for rejecting the offer was that we have already told them we got a ready buyer at that moment already and is not keen to deal with their buyer.

Not very honest too.. :P If i am the agent, i also will sue you..Cos' exclusive already, then dun want to sell with me. What is wrong with you?

This is why Agents always try to sign an exclusive, no exclusive can equal working for free...as I have experience many times, sometimes seller has valid reasons I accept and move-on, other times sellers just don't want to pay...

If Agent do something wrong Client can complain to various bodies...

but if Client refuse to honor a verbal agreement, there is nothing an Agent can do...

Edited by Plastic3

can someone shed some light on this general question:

if exclusive agreement, but if seller ownself find a buyer on his own (that means didn't use other agents, also didn't try to directly contact potential buyer that agent introduced so as to cut agent out), is allowed or not? thanks.

Edited by random_username

can someone shed some light on this general question:

if exclusive agreement, but if seller ownself find a buyer on his own (that means didn't use other agents, also didn't try to directly contact potential buyer that agent introduced so as to cut agent out), is allowed or not? thanks.

Yes, if an exclusive is signed, u need to pay regardless of whether you sell on your own or not. Why sign an exclusive then? Might as well let 10, 100 or even 1000 agents to fight till they die? Well, I have my own business before and during that time, I am distributing a product and I thought well, why appoint 10 retailers? Appoint 1000 mah, then sell faster. Well, in the end, every of my retailer try to outsell one another and in the end, the price is out of control.

If we have a $300k property and you have 10 agents serving u, all agents will try to cut one another and in the end, our property suffer. Our house is so unique [Every house scenery different, fengshui different, feel different, why let it suffer?

When I am 5 years younger, I would say consumer is always right. Now, in 2010, I look at win win situation because the world is evolving. Service is getting better and better.

1) Sometimes, I feel I can do better than an ID and I try to save $2-3k and take over ID job during reno. In the end, sometimes, need to take leave etc to settle some stuff. A day of leave = one day of wages

2) My friend try to source for a cheap carpenter and now got big headache because of all the workmanship

3) My colleague sell his own flat then screwup the handing over date. He has to move out 2-3 months before he get his new house and is now homeless.

With respect to this case: -

1) If you engage an agent and give him exclusive, just make him do all the work. Advertise, bring buyers etc...Make him slog

2) If your target is $x, the agent is about to get you $x + xx, then what is the reason not to sell? If you think the house is worth higher, just tell agent and let them slog more. No need to terminate them right? If you just wanna test test market, then dont sign exclusive.

3) Another typical example is my boss ask me to do task A, B, C. I did A, B, C well and I also complete task D. My boss is pissed off with me and terminate me. If I still not angry, then I am not a human liao

4) Sometimes, seller sell on impulse. One moment want to sell, next moment dont want to sell. Agents cannot complain because customers are king mah..But in this world, there is nothing such as play play. Like trading in stocks, I want to buy stock A, 100 lots at $x. Once transcated, cannot say no count, come again one...Even if I try to cancel but transcation done liao, suck thumb have to honor..

5) Try to talk to agent and discuss the way out unless you wanna fight with their lawyer. If he is right, his lawyer will protect him all the way. During my 1st job [work for a big firm], I had some conflict with supplier and nearly went to a law case. My boss says, our company got so many lawyers employed under our company. If you dont ask them to fight case, also let them sit around in office. If supplier want to fight, tell them to standby more $$. Big company can fight long long. Anyway, free lawyers mah...

All these are hard to swallow for consumer but really true..... If you are really keen, go consult a lawyer and see how it goes.

Edited by htng