Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dreamhouse

What Is The Lead Time To Rent Out Whole Hdb Flat

i have met the minimum occupation period of my hdb flat and intend to rent out whole flat

when should i start looking for tenants if i plan to move out on 1 oct 2010?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i have met the minimum occupation period of my hdb flat and intend to rent out whole flat

If you don't mind tenants coming to view your place while you are still living there, you can start sourcing about 1 month before moving out...

ya.... about 1 month before hand would be good.... cos some tenants wants cannot wait for too long too ... so no point u do it too early ..

I thought you already rented? Apply on line permission is almost immediate, but the process of collecting/verifying the particulars for submission(especially, some still in oversea) really unpreditable, or may be can just add on after approval. Be careful on passport/workpermit expiry date.

A month might be too short for selection, unless you like those "whoever come just take". 2 months would be prefered for proper selection & screening of tenant (assume a family).

My experience was 2 months before shifting, started get an agent (through friend) to find "lobang" - family only, no ah lian/hua/beng/seng/divorcee/uncle/auntie....turned out everything swee swee, rented out 11 months, the 12th month's rental paid to buyer of the flat. Except, there is a clause in the .... cannot retrieve assets (table, chair, aircon.etc...)during selling while unit actually in rental. Anybody cares to share about this clause?

Edited by bepgof

I thought you already rented? Apply on line permission is almost immediate, but the process of collecting/verifying the particulars for submission(especially, some still in oversea) really unpreditable, or may be can just add on after approval. Be careful on passport/workpermit expiry date.

A month might be too short for selection, unless you like those "whoever come just take". 2 months would be prefered for proper selection & screening of tenant (assume a family).

My experience was 2 months before shifting, started get an agent (through friend) to find "lobang" - family only, no ah lian/hua/beng/seng/divorcee/uncle/auntie....turned out everything swee swee, rented out 11 months, the 12th month's rental paid to buyer of the flat. Except, there is a clause in the .... cannot retrieve assets (table, chair, aircon.etc...)during selling while unit actually in rental. Anybody cares to share about this clause?

From what I understand, if you sell with tenancy, the buyer gets the unit as is. even with the furniture. I don't think the buyer would want to go through the hassle of replacing all the furniture because it would also add to their cost.

ok 1-2 months should be a good guide then...

question regarding work permit...if husband/wife rent the house, and wife work permit is expired, is there cause for concern?

another question - HDB allows selling with tenancy? any penalty?

From what I understand, if you sell with tenancy, the buyer gets the unit as is. even with the furniture. I don't think the buyer would want to go through the hassle of replacing all the furniture because it would also add to their cost.

No such thing as sell with tenancy for HDB.

Only private property can sell with tenancy. Black and white written on OTP

question regarding work permit...if husband/wife rent the house, and wife work permit is expired, is there cause for concern?

Concern BIG.

You will be charge under Harbouring Immigration Offenders

https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFServle...amp;Reload=true

Consequences of Harbouring Immigration Offenders

Under the Immigration Act, the homeowner is liable to be charged for harbouring immigration offenders in his house if

investigations reveal that he has not exercised due diligence as required by law. If the homeowner is found guilty of the offence,

he shall be sentenced to an imprisonment of not less than 6 months and not more than 2 years and shall also be liable to a

fine up to S$6,000.

HDB don't allow selling with tenancy.

No penalty.

Basically DON't ALLOW

Landlord is responsible for valid indentity of tenants during their tenancy. PR is no issue, those "permit holders" be extra careful.

My experience:

-Sept 2006 moved out (on & off back to home), started engaged an agent from HSR throught church friend.

- Screening/selection/"interview", finally signed TA for 12 months with to a Philli coupler (PR) with 2 children + 1 maid. Coupler has been in Singapore for 8 year working in citi bank. 2 children were then in Philli, applying Singapore PR.....TA started in Dec 2006 for a year. Submitted all these to hdb, incl signed TA. Every 2 months paid a visit tot them as well as old neighbours (as spy haha).

- After some months, agent kept calling me asked if I wanted to sell the unit, got 1 buyer bery interested......I ignored, she kept calling weeks after weeks. Sort of piss off with her.

- Did some homework on resale pricing, & one day called her - $450k, take it or leave it. 2% comm. Sort of to scare her off.

- Same day, at night, she called said the mother of owner went visited the unit & "very happy". Wow really fast!

- Next day she called me: sale confirmed! That was sometime in Aug 2007. We caught in surprise, & honoured our words, . The agent did all the coordination job. Everything started rolling...valuation, resale application...

- But the tenant die die could move only in end Dec 2007 to fulfill the 12 months TA. OK , buyer waited.

- Agent told us about this "selling with tenancy" situation - owner cannot move a single item from the unit. We surprised, but think back, those stuff already "old" enough to be discarded....Bed sets/Sofa/Dinning table/aircon/TV/Refri/tables & chairs...

- HDB inspector one day called me to remove "illegal" fixture outside windows. I removed.

- 2nd appointment in end Nov 2007, first time met the buyer at hdb hub. Tenant paid us 12th month rental & we paid back the same to buyer.

- Never got chance to read the valuation report, was told by agent it was $350k.

1. HDB knew I was doing "selling with tenancy". HDB inspector asked me this & I confirmed with him.

2. Not long after dec 2007, coupler informed us that they've bought a 4rm in Chai Chee.

3. Asked agent why the buyer was so "desperate" - oh, they have one daughter due to register for P1 in 2008, Saint Anothny Girl is just opposite the road & their "Tampines Court" was about to "en bloc". Till now, still no en bloc.

4. Later understood from some agents, actually can make arrangement with buyer to retrieve those "old" stuff. So selling with tenancy = selling with no tenancy!

Edited by bepgof

I have been renting my condo for a no. of yrs and recently my hdb flat.Give yourself enough time to choose your tenant and hand over the keys the next day u move out. 2 mths is gd. Try to pick thosewho are a young married couple, no kids, or if with kid, at most one and old enough not to damage things. If they have a maid, better still as they will upkeep the house.

If they have a maid, better still as they will upkeep the house.

I had maid for more than 15years. Each and al of them had destroy my home.

Until I must change the kitchen cabinet. They destroy faster than the termites :(

I had maid for more than 15years. Each and al of them had destroy my home.

Until I must change the kitchen cabinet. They destroy faster than the termites :(

Need sending them for fumigation before start work, to save capentry, haha.

Edited by bepgof

Need sending them for fumigation before start work, to save capentry, haha.

Mine all soldier termite, warrior train, use green wool run round the whole kitchen. No such thing as plastic, glass, ceramic or wood. So long make wet means, clean liao.

Must recruit those culture ones can differentiate between pen, pencil and Chinese Calligraphy Pen :)

First day to your house, got 1 luggage of their clothing need washing, cos agent don't allow them to wash their cloth. Also, all very hungry one :)

Mine all soldier termite, warrior train, use green wool run round the whole kitchen. No such thing as plastic, glass, ceramic or wood. So long make wet means, clean liao.

Must recruit those culture ones can differentiate between pen, pencil and Chinese Calligraphy Pen :)

First day to your house, got 1 luggage of their clothing need washing, cos agent don't allow them to wash their cloth. Also, all very hungry one :)

The doestic helper must been super happy to have found the right home where their potential can be ignited. Luckily, the house still remain a a house, or all emptied, just left a shell.?

Edited by bepgof