Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
snomimi

Samsung Washer Dryer Wd8804

Hi,

Anyone use this washer dryer before Samsung WD8804?

Any Comment?

Retail $1499 for white & $1599 for silver, come with a 22" LCD TV. Anyone got a much better price?

So far I found $999 with no TV & voucher.

Thanks for your help.

:)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

Any Comment?

Retail $1499 for white & $1599 for silver, come with a 22" LCD TV. Anyone got a much better price?

Thanks for your help.

do u hv space contraint? ;)

Hi,

Any Comment?

Thanks for your help.

buy at mutafa at 849

Hi,

Any Comment?

Thanks for your help.

I've been shopping around for a WASHER + DRYER for quite while. Finally short listed SAMSUNG WD8804 and LG WD1484. Eventually bought SAMSUNG WD8804.

Here are some comparison I got from SAMSUNG and LG web site...

1. DIRECT DRIVE for both SAMSUNG and LG.

2. AIR WASH for SAMSUNG.

3. SILVER WASH for SAMSUNG.

4. CERAMIC HEATER for SAMSUNG.

5. ENERGY EFFICIENCY SAMSUNG is B while LG is A+.

This rating is done at 60 degrees C water. So if we wash COLD, the rating for SAMSUNG should read better. Check...

a. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_energy_label

b. http://www.washerhelp.co.uk/topics/eco-energy-labels.html

6. WATER CONSUMPTION for both SAMSUNG and LG: 7 litres per kg of laundry.

7. WASH CAPACITY for both SAMSUNG and LG: 8 kg.

8. DRYER CAPACITY for SAMSUNG is 5 kg while LG is 4 kg.

There is one cool key feature that LG has that SAMSUNG does not - FAVORITE. I believe this button is for user to program the user preferred WASH, RINSE, SPIN and dry cycle.

Choose SAMSUNG if you need AIR WASH (waterless or dry wash), LG WD1484 does not have this feature.

In my opinion, both machines have their pros and cons.

I decided on SAMSUNG because

1. Lower COST,

2. AIR WASH,

3. SILVER WASH,

4. CERAMIC HEATER,

5. DRYER CAPACITY 5kg.

As I have just purchased the WASHER + DRYER, I would not be able to tell you its reliability.

Edited by top to front

I've been shopping around for a WASHER + DRYER for quite while. Finally short listed SAMSUNG WD8804 and LG WD1484. Eventually bought SAMSUNG WD8804.

Here are some comparison I got from SAMSUNG and LG web site...

1. DIRECT DRIVE for both SAMSUNG and LG.

2. AIR WASH for SAMSUNG.

3. SILVER WASH for SAMSUNG.

4. CERAMIC HEATER for SAMSUNG.

5. ENERGY EFFICIENCY SAMSUNG is B while LG is A+.

This rating is done at 60 degrees C water. So if we wash COLD, the rating for SAMSUNG should read better. Check...

a. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_energy_label

b. http://www.washerhelp.co.uk/topics/eco-energy-labels.html

6. WATER CONSUMPTION for both SAMSUNG and LG: 7 litres per kg of laundry.

7. WASH CAPACITY for both SAMSUNG and LG: 8 kg.

8. DRYER CAPACITY for SAMSUNG is 5 kg while LG is 4 kg.

There is one cool key feature that LG has that SAMSUNG does not - FAVORITE. I believe this button is for user to program the user preferred WASH, RINSE, SPIN and dry cycle.

Choose SAMSUNG if you need AIR WASH (waterless or dry wash), LG WD1484 does not have this feature.

In my opinion, both machines have their pros and cons.

I decided on SAMSUNG because

1. Lower COST,

2. AIR WASH,

3. SILVER WASH,

4. CERAMIC HEATER,

5. DRYER CAPACITY 5kg.

As I have just purchased the WASHER + DRYER, I would not be able to tell you its reliability.

Wow thanks so much for the info.

I'm also extremely interested in this Samsung machine.

Initially I started with the normal Electrolux washer, then to washer dryer..................until I see this Samsung.

Was all the while have impression that Electrolux is the best for washing machine becos tried others

don't last long.

So now very attracted to this Samsung features.

Do feedback after your experience. Me should be buying this by next week, heard Samsung will

have some new offer.

Thanks & cheers.

airwash for 1kg load only, mentioned in the owner's manual. :sport-smiley-018:

yea, ppl who are into this model pse kindly note that the air wash is really limited ya.

nevertheless, I still went ahead with this model but grey color

yea, ppl who are into this model pse kindly note that the air wash is really limited ya.

nevertheless, I still went ahead with this model but grey color

darth vader and ne0mesis are correct. AIR WASH is stated as 2 items or less which is less than 1 kg load.

Sorry for having NOT highlighted this earlier.

Oh, by the way, DRYER CAPACITY also varies. Check the user manual. 5 kg is the maximum that SAMSUNG specified... see page 26 user manual.

Similarly, the WASH CAPACITY also varies depending on the Fabric Type (8 kg is the max.) ... see page 28 user manual.

Checked the internet and downloaded the WD8804 user manual to look at the actual features and study the details before making my decision.

Thinking aloud...

1. How often do I need DRY WASH? My answer: occasionally.

2. How much load do I need at one go? My answer: Jacket only.

Based on the above, 1kg AIR WASH for me is NOT an issue for me. And this machine saves me the hassle of going to the laundry shop (send and collect). Saves me $$$ as I do not pay for DRY WASH. Most important is that I save me time. Also, any last minute refreshing of laundry could be done right in my home in just 29 minutes using [Deodorization] program which, in my opinion, is definitely a plus point. [sanitization requires 59 minutes]... see page 25 user manual.

You can get the SAMSUNG WD8804 user manual here...

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/home-ap...amp;tab=support

You can get the LG WD1484 user manual here...

http://www.lg.com/sg/home-appliance/laundr...-WD-1484ADP.jsp

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I like the LG FAVORITE button feature. I chose SAMSUNG because of other reasons that I mentioned. Unfortunately, I did not have this feature in my SAMSUNG. Having said that, I did not regret buying SAMSUNG as I have made my decision based on all the known facts.

The only concern I have now is the RELIABILITY of my SAMSUNG. I still have my old top load washer which I will use to wash curtains. My old machine is a SANYO with ULTRASONIC. It lasted more than 10 years and is still doing good. Bought a front load because of water saving feature, lower electrical consumption (using COLD wash). I will not be able to tell you its reliability now as I only took delivery last Saturday. The only thing I could say is that it is very quiet and very stable even in spin.

Edited by top to front

darth vader and ne0mesis are correct. AIR WASH is stated as 2 items or less which is less than 1 kg load.

Sorry for having NOT highlighted this earlier.

Oh, by the way, DRYER CAPACITY also varies. Check the user manual. 5 kg is the maximum that SAMSUNG specified... see page 26 user manual.

Similarly, the WASH CAPACITY also varies depending on the Fabric Type (8 kg is the max.) ... see page 28 user manual.

Checked the internet and downloaded the WD8804 user manual to look at the actual features and study the details before making my decision.

Thinking aloud...

1. How often do I need DRY WASH? My answer: occasionally.

2. How much load do I need at one go? My answer: Jacket only.

Based on the above, 1kg AIR WASH for me is NOT an issue for me. And this machine saves me the hassle of going to the laundry shop (send and collect). Saves me $$$ as I do not pay for DRY WASH. Most important is that I save me time. Also, any last minute refreshing of laundry could be done right in my home in just 29 minutes using [Deodorization] program which, in my opinion, is definitely a plus point. [sanitization requires 59 minutes]... see page 25 user manual.

You can get the SAMSUNG WD8804 user manual here...

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/home-ap...amp;tab=support

You can get the LG WD1484 user manual here...

http://www.lg.com/sg/home-appliance/laundr...-WD-1484ADP.jsp

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I like the LG FAVORITE button feature. I chose SAMSUNG because of other reasons that I mentioned. Unfortunately, I did not have this feature in my SAMSUNG. Having said that, I did not regret buying SAMSUNG as I have made my decision based on all the known facts.

The only concern I have now is the RELIABILITY of my SAMSUNG. I still have my old top load washer which I will use to wash curtains. My old machine is a SANYO with ULTRASONIC. It lasted more than 10 years and is still doing good. Bought a front load because of water saving feature, lower electrical consumption (using COLD wash). I will not be able to tell you its reliability now as I only took delivery last Saturday. The only thing I could say is that it is very quiet and very stable even in spin.

Yeah........................I place an order to get this machine at Expo fair today.

Hope to update the experience when I get soon.

Thanks for all info shared.

Yeah........................I place an order to get this machine at Expo fair today.

Hope to update the experience when I get soon.

Thanks for all info shared.

So how much you brought it ?

So how much you brought it ?

Best I found $929 at Expo.

Somewhere $999

Others $1299, $1399, $1499, all come with 22" LCD so I see not worth.

Somewhere $999

$929 is for the grey or white variant? The grey variant is slightly more ex.

Somewhere $999

The white one. The gey is abt $100 more. Didn't ask them but ask many places b4.

Anyone got an even better price recently?

The white one. The gey is abt $100 more. Didn't ask them but ask many places b4.

Anyone got an even better price recently?

i heard that there will be some kind of samsung promotion that's akan datang-ing...... ;)