Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
valkilmer

Can U Not Put Tiles In The Toilet?but Just Cement Screed?

is this possible gurus? thinking of saving a bit of cost by doing this..thinking it might look cool as well..just a tot.

is it toilet walls die die must have tiles?

thks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
is this possible gurus? thinking of saving a bit of cost by doing this..thinking it might look cool as well..just a tot.

thks!

Hi Valkimer, I am no guru. I think it depends on your taste and design. I have seen in design magazine of different toilet wall such as tile, cement screed and exposed red brick toilet wall.

Cheers!

It do look very cool and it will give a bit of rugged feel. Together with a mixture of pebble stone/retro cube tiles, it will look very nice. but be warned, u will encountered cracks as it is not lasting for such wall as it do not have protection on the surface

my friend's house is like this! his is industrial theme, and his whole house from flooring, walls, toilets are cement screed. He even got his contractor to custom made cement sitting areas to be consistent.

Cement screed if done nicely can create a very classy feel to it. :) especially paired with bling bling fittings. Except cement will get smoother and cooler as time pass. so just ensure bathroom has anti slip mats.

as for saving costs, not sure if it's really cheaper, cause screed is lots of handwork and might be quite comparitive to tiles.

just sharing my two cents. :)

cheers,

thks!

Cement screeding are porous unless you have a coating over it to block the absorption of moisture otherwise you will experience damp walls and water proofing for floors have to be done with caution.

This is one of the reasons why I did not cement screed my toilets but I cement screed my entire kitchen walls. Turned out beautiful and am infact super duper pleased.

Anyway just my thoughts on cement screeding toilets! Do consider carefully ....

Cement screeding are porous unless you have a coating over it to block the absorption of moisture otherwise you will experience damp walls and water proofing for floors have to be done with caution.

This is one of the reasons why I did not cement screed my toilets but I cement screed my entire kitchen walls. Turned out beautiful and am infact super duper pleased.

Anyway just my thoughts on cement screeding toilets! Do consider carefully ....

Hi , do you have a picture of your kitchen as i am thinking of similar too, but ain't sure the end effect.

possible to PM me the cost for doing ? hehe

thanks .

I remember clearly that the cement screed in toilet is what some of the HDB toilets are more than 25 years ago and some of the old houses in China today :jawdrop: . If you want to do it, make sure at the end of the day it don't look like a slum. If you succeed in doing it, please post some photos to show us. :D

Please pardon me for my ignorance but I thought that algae will start growing because bathrooms / toilets are always wet?

I used to stay at my granny's very first terrace house while I was still a kid. Her bathroom & toilets have no tiling. All cement. It was really terrible to look at as time goes & very difficult to maintain. Covered with algae and mould. Looks like some hut that was featured in haunted movies.

:unsure:

Edited by edenstrauss