Sign in to follow this  
wikipicky

Queries On Hdb Valuation

Hi Wiki,

You want pay less cash - True

Seller cash proceeds no change - True

Can still use 2nd val rep before 1st appt - Assuming True

Still have time - True

Your qn, "1. Is revaluation a buyer's right now that I have exercised the option?"

Buyer's right ?

Claim Rights - legal, social, or ethical principles of freedom or entitlement, in this case you don't have

Liberty rights - or privilege, in contrast, is simply a freedom or permission for the right-holder to do something, and there are no obligations on other parties to do or not do anything., this you have.

Best, you resolve with seller nicely and not "DEMAND" or consider taking"LEGAL RECOURSE"

Simply, Seller actually did not deviate from the original T&C.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Well the power lies in the seller's hands. The seller can choose to close his house door to the valuator no matter how hard the latter knocks on it ;)

Edited by forgotten

bepgof:

Respect needs to be earned and it takes time. Likewise while claiming one's rights, make sure one's responsibilities and obligation to be fulfilled first.

In a queing society, responsibility is to join the queue at the back and wait for one's turn, cutting q and claiming to be "creative" and shouting for rights is like Dr CSC.........

wikipicky:

Haha, amusing.

My post is really a query on the buyer's rights with regards to revaluation and whether anyone has similar experiences.

You rattle on about respect, claiming rights, responsibilities, obligations, cutting queues and whatnots,

kind of irrelevant and no link. You can try searching for some youth forums and post them there.

Older ppls' thoughts always run deeper, wild & "innovative", no wonder you catch no ball. A Hokkien phrase: Kong Pua Boey Dak Rui. I was hinting u HOW to catch the fish, yet you said I "rattle" = making sharp noise, sigh. Let me decode the formular:

Explain yr intention, responsibilities & obligation of this issue to seller to gain his trust and respect first, then follow step by step. While protecting yr interests also consider seller's interests & make a win-win, got link?Plain enough?

Edited by bepgof

In the first place u have oredi agreed to the price.. and now to benefit yourself of coming out less cash, u are making life diff for the seller..

be gracious, dun always me n myself...

well no one can change your mind if u insist on doing it your way.

but i will pray the revaluation to be lesser n that u have to come out more cash..http://www.renotalk.com/forum/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon5.gif

In the first place u have oredi agreed to the price.. and now to benefit yourself of coming out less cash, u are making life diff for the seller..

be gracious, dun always me n myself...

well no one can change your mind if u insist on doing it your way.

but i will pray the revaluation to be lesser n that u have to come out more cash.. i really pity your seller...

and lastly, have respect for elders.. u will come to that stage too..

Actually can someone explain to me this part?

"However, the seller refuses to allow revaluation (let valuers enter the flat) although I have explained to him that the amount he will be getting in cash and CPF components will still be the same since we have agreed on the total price and that the revaluation only affects my end, perhaps he is not happy that should the valuation increases, he could have asked for a higher price if he had not granted me the option yet."

How come the cash/cpf components would be the same?

Whatever affect the buyer would affect the seller?

if the valuation increase, total price is fixed => more cpf, lower cash

if the valuation decrease, total price is fixed => less cpf, more cash

Final agreed price in OTP fixed. If val go up, buyer use less cash, more cpf.

Buyer benefit by using less cash. If val go down, he use previous val.

This point OKAY ...buyer view.

For seller, cash proceeds = Final agreed price -(cpf withdraw+accrued interest)

Final agreed price = val + COV

Since final agreed price is fixed. Seller not affected on the cash portion :)

If today, MBT say all COV are taxable, this story will be different. COV are not capital gain, thus are not affected.

If today, MBT say all COV are taxable, this story will be different. COV are not capital gain, thus are not affected.

If COV is taxable, I must sure the COV will cover the tax area ;)

haha, that can not happen la...

COV is not profit leh...they shud tax profits on sale... :P

just kidding!

Don't like that leh, if MBT reading this we will be fried again.

Hi,

I am a direct buyer and am buying a flat recently at Yishun, valued at 350k. I have exercised the option and paid 5k deposit in all, now waiting for First Appointment in end Aug.

I did some checks with similar neighboring units (same flat model and size) that are at the same level and had their valuation done recently. I believe with the current valuation, which is done about 1 plus months back, my flat is undervalued as compared to neighboring units that are valued at around 380k.

If I were to do another valuation, my gut feel is that most likely the valuation will increase by at least 10k or more considering my deco is quite good. I like to have more cash on hand and hence pay less with cash for the flat, more with CPF.

However, the seller refuses to allow revaluation (let valuers enter the flat) although I have explained to him that the amount he will be getting in cash and CPF components will still be the same since we have agreed on the total price and that the revaluation only affects my end, perhaps he is not happy that should the valuation increases, he could have asked for a higher price if he had not granted me the option yet.

My questions are:

1. Is revaluation a buyer's right now that I have exercised the option?

2. In the event that if we fall out, and he refuses to attend our 1st Appointment, is there any legal recourse I can take against him ?

Thanks,

ZhiQiang

Already 3 months since you last posted..Have you got yourself a lawyer to force trough a revaluation? This is funny... If you have so much money to get a lawyer, why bother about the 10-20k cash portion... Does not make sense...

Already 3 months since you last posted..Have you got yourself a lawyer to force trough a revaluation? This is funny... If you have so much money to get a lawyer, why bother about the 10-20k cash portion... Does not make sense...

I am also interested and curious to know. Have found a good lawyer tto force through a revaluation? :)