Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cjloh

Kwan Yin Statute

Where can i buy kwan yin statute which is not so big? Appreciate if someone can recommend cheap but good as I am not that rich.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Where can i buy kwan yin statute which is not so big? Appreciate if someone can recommend cheap but good as I am not that rich.

u can try at rochor centre. It's directly across the fulushou building. 1 long stretch of retailers there where u can pick & choose. but now is not the time because it's 7th month & the shops have kept most of their statues to make way for 7th mth "pu-tu" items.

i saw 16" wooden statue where they quoted me $300+. I think if you go for porcelain, it'll be cheaper...

what's your budget? maybe i can also ask my sis inlaw to see if she has any lobangs from wholesalers. She told me that it is really cheap & nice but i've not seen it myself.

actually i'm looking for a new rosewood altar table & also to change my existing guanyin's "jing-shen". But will not be doing it now because 7th mth. No good to do it now. U can just survey & look around for now.

by the way, do u mind if i were to ask about ur family nucleus, meaning that is the guan yin for a matrimonial home? If it's for a married couple, the male counterpart must be the one who chooses the guanyin statue. If the wife don't like also no choice.

another tip: avoid choosing guanyin statues with a vase pointing DOWNWARDS.

from what i heard. husband and wife should go to choose the statue together. and the statue must look pleasing to both of them before buying. if 1 party likes it and the other doesn't. dun buy. my friend followed this idea and spent like weeks choosing their statue. in the end, they found 1 which both of them like and they happily invited it back to their place.

I buy it for family. I went to see a master and he says that kwan yin always want me to put in my house. I have been going to the kwan yin temple in Bencolen every week to do my praying since I start working for 20 years. Actually, I do want to place kwan yin when I shift to my new house but budget does not allow me.

u can try at rochor centre. It's directly across the fulushou building. 1 long stretch of retailers there where u can pick & choose. but now is not the time because it's 7th month & the shops have kept most of their statues to make way for 7th mth "pu-tu" items.

i saw 16" wooden statue where they quoted me $300+. I think if you go for porcelain, it'll be cheaper...

what's your budget? maybe i can also ask my sis inlaw to see if she has any lobangs from wholesalers. She told me that it is really cheap & nice but i've not seen it myself.

actually i'm looking for a new rosewood altar table & also to change my existing guanyin's "jing-shen". But will not be doing it now because 7th mth. No good to do it now. U can just survey & look around for now.

by the way, do u mind if i were to ask about ur family nucleus, meaning that is the guan yin for a matrimonial home? If it's for a married couple, the male counterpart must be the one who chooses the guanyin statue. If the wife don't like also no choice.

Why wooden more expensive than porcelain? I thought the other way round?

My mum's GY recently cracked. Called master and he asked me to quickly replace. Any particular shop there reliable....I just don't want to get 'slaughtered' :bangwall:

Me and hubby bought a reasonable sized wooden statue at 200 plus only lehz.. Can't remb the place thou, need to check wif my dad as he was the one who brought us there.. :P

My mum's GY recently cracked. Called master and he asked me to quickly replace. Any particular shop there reliable....I just don't want to get 'slaughtered' :bangwall:

i believe wooden is carved and porcelain is molded. so the craftsmanship price should be more expensive for wooden.

I buy it for family. I went to see a master and he says that kwan yin always want me to put in my house. I have been going to the kwan yin temple in Bencolen every week to do my praying since I start working for 20 years. Actually, I do want to place kwan yin when I shift to my new house but budget does not allow me.

You can get the Kuan Yin picture rather than a statute since budget is a constraint.

Cheers!

can i buy a NEW quan yin statue (already house got one - porceline) ?

Eg perhaps i want those wooden ones or jade type

Is there a process to "replace" ?

Ever heard old folks said, "Ai Bai Ai Xin Sim", got one gao liao!

hi any reasons behind not choosing one with a vase pointing downwards? if mine's detachable

i can use blue tac put it right up. no problem right?

can i buy a NEW quan yin statue (already house got one - porceline) ?

Eg perhaps i want those wooden ones or jade type

Is there a process to "replace" ?

Why need to replace? I heard the statue the more older or more worship the better.

sometimes i see other beautiful statue, thought of replacing it.

Also sometimes i feel like asking temple whether i can have the guan yin statue and worship at home.

hi cjloh, do u mind telling me what is your budget? U can message me if u prefer to. I could also try to message u the wholesaler's contact if u are really keen but I must mention that I have no idea on the quality. Those at rochor centres would have supposedly done their QC (quality control) before they display at the counter.

As for the altar table, u could get those $100-$200+ type.

Is your mum's guan yin statue made of porcelain, wood or stone? I'm really keen to know because u mentioned "crack"...

You can try heng moh seng - they have several units along that stretch of rochor retail stores... but the units r not joined in sequence. They r found all over that stretch of shops there. I was quite shocked to see that almost every shop that I stepped into has a "heng moh seng" written at the entrance!

Edited by edenstrauss