Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nitrolil

My Pad In A Corner Of Bedok

same layout as my house :) and i am also in the midst of renovation...shall see how our house turn out to be like.

I am expanding my mbr toilet instead with walls all around, unlike yours with the basin exposed....

i do agree u have a nice kitchen design....

hi advancer. indeed we have the same layout. mine is also 30 years old... are you in the vicinity of bedok north ave 1? maybe we are neighbours :)

i see you also intend to knock down the wall between MBR and bedroom. Have you decided on the partition? You have a really huge wardrobe :jawdrop:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Ur MBR toilet sink going to be outside the toilet? We wanted to bring the sink out initially but after considerations, we decided not to.

1) The flooring will get well when we splash water

2) The wardrobe next to it will also get well.

Ur 3d kitchen drawing is nice.

hi gals_mama. yep, my wash basin will be outside the toilet because i really wanted to install shower screen. its the only part of the house i am not satisfied with ie. small toilet.

wardrobe - maybe will be aluminium frame and install a glass cabinet right beside the area before the wardrobe start. this is requested by my fengshui master. anyway waiting for my id to crack his head and come up with feasible design. stay tuned!

hi gals_mama. yep, my wash basin will be outside the toilet because i really wanted to install shower screen. its the only part of the house i am not satisfied with ie. small toilet.

wardrobe - maybe will be aluminium frame and install a glass cabinet right beside the area before the wardrobe start. this is requested by my fengshui master. anyway waiting for my id to crack his head and come up with feasible design. stay tuned!

I think we have the same problem, super tiny toilets. We also insist on the shower screen. So bought a small basin to install at the corner and mange to put shower screen too. Since its the FSM who requested it then must follow.

hi advancer. indeed we have the same layout. mine is also 30 years old... are you in the vicinity of bedok north ave 1? maybe we are neighbours :)

i see you also intend to knock down the wall between MBR and bedroom. Have you decided on the partition? You have a really huge wardrobe :jawdrop:

My place is at bedok north road, too bad not neighbours. haha

There was already an opening between the MBR and bedroom when i purchased the flat but its just a door way, not the whole wall. I will have a sliding door to cover it up.

Yah my wardrobe is really big...enough to store a lifetime of clothings for my wife and i. Hahaha

Hacking started yesterday. Now the place is like war zone. My id received a strange call from an unknown number that had a woman crying on the other line making him to please stop hacking n that she cannot take it.

My hair all stood on its end when I heard it. Immediately flew down to the work site n knocked on downstairs neighbour door n keeping fingers crossed that its a human who called. Luckily we saw the lady who admitted she made the call because she was alone at home n she had a heart problem. I kept apologizing to her n assured her we will try to finish hacking ASAP.

Thank goodness!!! I cannot imagine if we had not met her. :(

Hopefully my id can finish within 2 days so as not to cause too much inconvenience to the neighbours.

Hacking started yesterday. Now the place is like war zone. My id received a strange call from an unknown number that had a woman crying on the other line making him to please stop hacking n that she cannot take it.

My hair all stood on its end when I heard it. Immediately flew down to the work site n knocked on downstairs neighbour door n keeping fingers crossed that its a human who called. Luckily we saw the lady who admitted she made the call because she was alone at home n she had a heart problem. I kept apologizing to her n assured her we will try to finish hacking ASAP.

Thank goodness!!! I cannot imagine if we had not met her. :(

Hopefully my id can finish within 2 days so as not to cause too much inconvenience to the neighbours.

wow, that's eerie, lucky you found out the source. haha....

My place has a similar layout to yours and advancer's too. Haha, seems like we all have similar ideas about combining the 2 rooms and having the wash basin outside of the bathroom. :D

You can see the finished result from my blog.

For your kitchen, are your cabinets deliberately slanted as a design?

Edited by coldflamez

wow, that's eerie, lucky you found out the source. haha....

My place has a similar layout to yours and advancer's too. Haha, seems like we all have similar ideas about combining the 2 rooms and having the wash basin outside of the bathroom. :D

You can see the finished result from my blog.

For your kitchen, are your cabinets deliberately slanted as a design?

just visited your blog and your place is nice!

yep, the slanted cabinets was proposed by my ID.

some finetuning by ID

mbr1_kevin_547bedoknorth_d.jpg

another TV console idea proposed

tv_kevin_547bedoknorth_d.jpg

improved MBR

mbr2_kevin_547bedoknorth_d.jpg

hacking has completed after 3 days! kudos to ID who did a quick and swift job to relieve downstairs neighbour's agony. got a call from neighbour that their ceiling leaked due to the renovation (or the rain). ID was kind enough to offer to touch up for them.

just visited your blog and your place is nice!

yep, the slanted cabinets was proposed by my ID.

thks, cranked my head for very long before coming up with the design. Seems that it is becoming more popular to have the wash basin outside the bathroom, lol.

Wah, slanted cabinets... that's quite daring, dunno whether will feel unbalanced when standing in your kitchen, haha.... :rofl:

Can't wait to see the finished effect!

thks, cranked my head for very long before coming up with the design. Seems that it is becoming more popular to have the wash basin outside the bathroom, lol.

Wah, slanted cabinets... that's quite daring, dunno whether will feel unbalanced when standing in your kitchen, haha.... :rofl:

Can't wait to see the finished effect!

well, according to my ID, its **** chio and swee... so it'd better be!! ;)

finally had a day off today, went to inspect site at 9.30, tilers already hard at work!

getting really excited cos i can see the "fruit" of my many hours of selecting and re-selecting tiles.

view of living from kitchen

62969_427627862853_639387853_4981117_252

very organized team of tilers

62929_427637642853_639387853_4981307_496

62170_427637677853_639387853_4981308_184

kitchen view

39555_427626902853_639387853_4981100_261

MBR tiles

62756_427627297853_639387853_4981104_640

cant wait for HO! :D:paint:

shopping time - bursted my budget :(

dining lights

62324_428408042853_639387853_4994633_465

lights for L-box

58151_428405832853_639387853_4994548_905

went to Mega to buy washing machine, dryer and fridge.

sales guy was patient, not pushy and most important, gave good discount :good:

regretted buying cooker hob and hood from lighting and sanitaryware shop. only gave a meagre 5% discount. Mega offered 10% discount and absorb GST somemore :bangwall:

oh well, you win some you lose some...

common toilet tiling completed - thinking of whether to put a shower curtain, also have not decided where to put the shower head

commontoilet.jpg

tiled up kitchen - nice & bright. going to paint a bright feature wall at dining :paint:

tiledupkitchen.jpg

sink area - rubbish chute will be covered up

sinkarea.jpg

my proud MBR toilet with no door :rolleyes:

mbr.jpg

Edited by nitrolil

some updates - painting! :paint:

MBR feature wall - Nippon Paint Spellbound in Easy Wash

73700_437599652853_639387853_5154676_424

hacked away wall between 2 bedrooms showing my toilet. wall in Lily White

73434_437600282853_639387853_5154679_386

Main door @living - Nippon Paint Whisper Grey