Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nitrolil

My Pad In A Corner Of Bedok

hi, i am new to RT! been lurking here for 2 months while waiting for my completion.

now that i am the official owner, still have to wait 4 weeks before seller moves out. meanwhile, will be busy thinking of how to renovate my pad. hope to get lots of suggestions from people here.

floorplan.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi, i am new to RT! been lurking here for 2 months while waiting for my completion.

now that i am the official owner, still have to wait 4 weeks before seller moves out. meanwhile, will be busy thinking of how to renovate my pad. hope to get lots of suggestions from people here.

floorplan.jpg

tagged! :dancingqueen:

Hello! welcome! Yours is a three room or? ... the layout is very nice.. not the straight kind where it's harder to plan mm

hi pinkpetter... actually its 4NG. If u noticed the beam i intend to hack down the MBR and bedroom wall to become one.. hehe...

IMG_0009.jpg

original living room

IMG_0007.jpg

original kitchen - tiles looked relatively new, but definitely not my style :P

IMG_0001.jpg

original MBR toilet - really small :(

IMG_0002.jpg

ugly piping

IMG_0006.jpg

common toilet

Edited by nitrolil

IMG_0002.jpg

ugly piping

woah, seems like ur toilet ceiling also has leakage from above.

need to get it done as well...

i can see that u gonna have a huge MBR... shiok...

no tv inside MBR? :)

woah, seems like ur toilet ceiling also has leakage from above.

need to get it done as well...

i can see that u gonna have a huge MBR... shiok...

no tv inside MBR? :)

eh, ceiling leaking eh? hmmm... never notice it leh... could it be just paint peel off? *keep finger crossed* + touch wood.

nope, no tv inside MBR. havent thought of what to do with the huge space. the reason for breaking down the wall is to bring out the basin + vanity top, and to be able to put a shower screen. if i do that without breaking the wall, i would have to compromise with a single bed, which is a NO NO. :P

eh, ceiling leaking eh? hmmm... never notice it leh... could it be just paint peel off? *keep finger crossed* + touch wood.

nope, no tv inside MBR. havent thought of what to do with the huge space. the reason for breaking down the wall is to bring out the basin + vanity top, and to be able to put a shower screen. if i do that without breaking the wall, i would have to compromise with a single bed, which is a NO NO. :P

it looks similar to what happened to my house, mine was due to renovation works by neighbours upstairs.

from the floor plan, it does seem like u would end up with a huge MBR, can't see the dimensions clearly..

the drawings are to scale? :)

easiest way to check.

1. touch it. is it damp ?

2. Get some sealer from a paint shop, a paint brush and some thinner (sealer is oil based so you will need the thinner to clean any splashes and the brush.

paint the patch with the sealer until the marks are gone. let dry (usually around 4,hours) then check. if you can still see the mark then add another coat.

Once it is gone then give it a few days (longer the better) and see if it comes back. no more stain then be happy as the cause has probably been fixed. comes back then contact hdb and be prepared to share cost with upstairs for fixing (around 1/4) total cost IIRC.

Not a perfect test but should be a good indicator for little cost that you can do easily yourself.

hth

RB

quick top tip. Whilst waiting between painting coats, wrap the brush in a damp rag to stop the paint drying. this saves you having to wash it between coats.

Edited by RimBlock

some 3D drawing to share. comments are most welcome! :)

entrance and custom made shoe cabinet with settee

shoe_kevin_547bedoknorth_c.jpg

another view of the entrance and doorway.

div_kevin_547bedoknorth_c.jpg

TV console in living room

tv_kevin_547bedoknorth_c.jpg

Ur MBR toilet sink going to be outside the toilet? We wanted to bring the sink out initially but after considerations, we decided not to.

1) The flooring will get well when we splash water

2) The wardrobe next to it will also get well.

Ur 3d kitchen drawing is nice.

same layout as my house :) and i am also in the midst of renovation...shall see how our house turn out to be like.

I am expanding my mbr toilet instead with walls all around, unlike yours with the basin exposed....

i do agree u have a nice kitchen design....