Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely

How Many Signed Otp Last Week?

in such cases, it will be a court case, as they are legally binded in a contract.

Once OTP signed, it is legally enforced.

Seller can opt out, but need to compensate the balance should the buyer finds a lower sale/COV and time.

But now i am the buyer...

Ya.. agree all are victims of this transaction. but in this case, agent and buyer are all genuine but seller is a speculator of property.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thanks!

Is it possible if i sue her for damages on the the tarnsport, and time i incurred in future? Cos i got here is due to the proximity with in-laws. now this case, if i stay further, i have to travel more etc.

Also, if my future COV is higher, i can ask her to top up rite?

OTP does mention claiming compensation, the question is gathering of proof (transport receipts), time loss (based on one's daily wage), opportunity loss is the "worst".

If you really love the house very much and very piss off with the seller, you may immediately ask lawyer to write seller a letter on your intents to claim this & that (better write long long)as well as to bear the legal fee(engagement of lawyer caused by one-way decision by seller), cc a copy to both the agents (if have) & hdb via registered mail or by hand lagi best. Seller has 14 days to decide if to proceed with resale transaction or "see you in court".

You have "nothing" besides time & energy. Call Shin Ming Daily News or Lian He Wan Bao to cover your story and blow it big. They love this kind of story to boost readership, your beautiful face may get published too.

I've missed out the bank loan cancellation charge, seller siao liao.....

Edited by bepgof

Woy, don't say like that le, saying this implies that all of us are kpo? The few sentences above make me feel all people's discretion & helpful opinions are just s h i t s to you thought you've expressly said thank you.

Fat hope le, "yr case" has been input into simulator designed by top scholars, processed, result generated and intepreted by these scholars, well before the rule is make in force and known to the world at large.

Must always be appreciative to people/kpo's "disretion and helpful opinions" whether these are in your favour or not. Let me highlight bluntly to you in this way:

The "road" ahead of you still very loooooong for you to walk. You said

-you can't afford condo

-don't want hdb units with "common tiolet" in kitchen

-don't want "shoebox" mickey mouse unit

-you can't afford to wait

-you said you want to keep pet

-you want to rom

-you want to have kids

- what one person's income rule???

To me, you are lost, priorities seriously mixed up with too many "wants" and too many "don't wants" at young age!

Hi Bepgof,

(for some reason, 'my controls' got mixed up - had resend validation even though there was no validation to resend - and I couldn't post with my previous account so I made another)

I wasn't implying that everyone was k-po - It is a completely different matter when I seek advice amidst a shade of annoymity (which I was thankful for) but not made as a case study, and have my thread/personal worries be highlighted to the press and feedback.gov.sg. Besides, Jgal's comments to me have been personal and not exactly constructive, so hardly helpful and definitely not discreet ("statement meant solely for you", "meant to weed out people like yourself") so I am less inclined to think it is out of the goodness of his/her heart.

I would have prefered that Jgal recommended/suggested that I bring it to the press, or send feedback to the relevant authorities than to do it on my behalf without asking. It is a violation of my privacy. I hope you can see the distinction.

As for my MANY wants, I managed to fulfill all that with the resale flat I got, so I don't know why it is wrong of me to ask for what is best for my future family. They are not tall orders - having kids in the near future, keeping my pets with me, getting married on our agreed date (or forfeiting the deposit again!!) - aren't they simple demands that every young or not so young couples like myself yearn to have? We are not lost, we simply know what we want.

The market-cooling measures are also designed to keep a couple in their HDB home for a lot longer, and we are fine with that, as we had planned to live in our first house for 5 - 8 years. A mickey mouse apartment does not allow the same freedom.

I'm not young anymore (biological clock k), and it took me a long time to find my soulmate whom I am supposed to marry in December. I have already given up a wedding/photo shoot/banquet, for the sake of putting that money towards our home instead. If I wait for the next BTO, I would be well over 35! In fact, I feel "rushed" already because of that da** biological clock, and I'm not in the best of health so would require a lot of pre-natal care when we plan for a baby (unlike other people, I do not have the luxury of surprising my husband and saying "Guess what? We're having a baby!").

The common toilet in the kitchen is something I can work around - not much of a fuss there. As for pets, that is not negotiable - I already have them, and my volunteer work with animals sometimes means I have to bring sick/abandoned animals into my house and foster and rehome them. It is rewarding work. Already, my parents' house is filled with 6 rescues that people disposed of. Due to this, my work now has been directed towards more administrative duties, but I would like to be more involved with the animals, rehabiliating them and finding them good forever homes. My pets keep me very happy, and I cannot imagine my life without them.

The one person's income rule is a safeguard, in case someone gets fired, or if the baby, for health reasons, require round the clock care. I do not want additional strain on our finances and having fights all the time. A lot of people go by this rule, and it is recommended in many guides for couples looking at marriage. Like I said, I want us to be comfortable - comfortable enough to say, afford medicines (my current monthly medication bills are about $400) and STILL can have a night out with my husband for champagne and jazz.

I have never accused you to be k-po, I hope you understand my position a little better. That I might not be in the most ideal one, but I am trying to make the best of it, and a lot of it has to do with the support and advice this board has given me.

But now i am the buyer...

Ya.. agree all are victims of this transaction. but in this case, agent and buyer are all genuine but seller is a speculator of property.

Pixie,

I sympathise with your situation, truly. I believe the seller doesn't want to sell the property anymore, knowing that she cannot own one in the future so is keeping it for rental yield etc.

Good luck, I hope everything works out for you.

Pixie,

I sympathise with your situation, truly. I believe the seller doesn't want to sell the property anymore, knowing that she cannot own one in the future so is keeping it for rental yield etc.

Good luck, I hope everything works out for you.

Thanks. The agent has helped to mitigate it and seller agrees to go ahead. However, I am keep my fingers crossed given that anything canhappen until first appt .. or even after =(

However, we have also given the flexibility that shld agent find a similiar deal, we are open for changing the place, delaying the process to suit the seller.

It is like the option of owning a HDB is completely torn from me. My choices now are not exactly desirable - get a bigger loan, stay in Mickey Mouse apartment, sell my beloved home in Australia. I know a house in Australia is a luxury, but it's my parents' and they have every right to own it - afterall, they earned it. I can't go back to Australia and live there - it is not my house, though it is a house full of wonderful memories of family holidays and of my years in Australia. And yes, the feeling of no longer planning is the worst part - it is like I am now stagnant. Perhaps the feeling is magnified since everything was so sudden and decisions have to be made quickly if I want to retain my ROM date etc.

hey, i hope by now you're feeling better already. My advice to you is go ahead with your ROM first, then solve the problem later. Do things one by one, even no house you still need to get married right? I saw many couples ROM + buying house together ended up quarreling often and not a good memory, so now you've more time to concentrate on your ROM preparation, might be a good thing too. On getting the new house, maybe you'll be able to sell it soon leh, or maybe there'll be another solution leh.

Last time when i purchase my second property i was caught by the increase minimum sum required by cpf, also a mess for me, but at the end found a solution and ended have more cash for my reno, so who knows, it might turn out to be something good for you, now COV already dropping, you might get your hdb at cheaper price later or after solving your australia house problem leh.

Cheer up!

Yap, can go ahead with the scheduled ROM date and rent a master bedroom to stay first. Don't let the efforts that was put into the ROM go down the drain.

My hubby and I did that.

Edited by forgotten

Hi forgotten and musicbox,

Thanks for the uplifting encouragement. Yes, we're going ahead with the ROM! :) Not much effort put in there since it's an extremely small and intimate lunch solemnization (no big white dress or banquet yum sengs), but we're going ahead with the scheduled ROM on Christmas Eve. My parents have allowed my husband to live with us till we get our place. We've been looking at some condos, one in particular caught our eye, but we're still waiting because OH's father is still undecided about selling the Australian property or not (he keeps changing his mind). So, still a little stagnant, and just waiting on OH's parents to finally make a decision.

Hello all,

Have finally found my way back to this forum with good news! We've purchased our dream apartment in the East, keeping the Australian property, ROM in December is on track - have our JP, filed for marriage, got my shoes! Only bummer is that we only collect our keys much later, as the owners haven't found a place to stay and asked for extended stay, so we're technically "renting" it out to them for 2 months. All paperwork is in order, and it really is a huge weight off us. It did take us a long time to find it (viewed more than 50 properties...) but it ticked all our boxes: large enough to start a family, keep pets and the occasional foster, serene, has a balcony, affordable. We're excited!

WE HAVE AN ADDRESS! YAY!

Thanks to all who remained so supportive and encouraging. Now, stay tuned while I troll the forums for ID firms and participate in the Electrolux vs Bosch washer threads. :)

<3

Ely

Hello all,

Have finally found my way back to this forum with good news! We've purchased our dream apartment in the East, keeping the Australian property, ROM in December is on track - have our JP, filed for marriage, got my shoes! Only bummer is that we only collect our keys much later, as the owners haven't found a place to stay and asked for extended stay, so we're technically "renting" it out to them for 2 months. All paperwork is in order, and it really is a huge weight off us. It did take us a long time to find it (viewed more than 50 properties...) but it ticked all our boxes: large enough to start a family, keep pets and the occasional foster, serene, has a balcony, affordable. We're excited!

WE HAVE AN ADDRESS! YAY!

Thanks to all who remained so supportive and encouraging. Now, stay tuned while I troll the forums for ID firms and participate in the Electrolux vs Bosch washer threads. :)

<3

Ely

so, erm, like where in the east or which development, if you don't mind revealing :P

Not NV! ;)

I've always been in the East, as long as I can remember so I love that I'll still be here, close to my parents. Currently living near East Coast beach.

Hello all,

WE HAVE AN ADDRESS! YAY!

<3

Ely

Glad to hear yr good news. :D