Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edward

Rejuvenating My 3rm 30year Old Flat In Amk

hw much did u pay for ur Rambo? how is its performance so far?

If was a office group buy, there were 11 of us. This item was bought online from a chinese website. The vacuum cleaner itself is $200 + $60 (delivery from China, bigger group cheaper).

Pros of Rambo : Auto clean at a preset time and goes back to base station when done, does not need to change the vaccum bag (rubbish stored in a container, which can be cleared), and of course you dont have to do the cleaning yrself.

Cons of Rambo : You must make sure that all obstacles are cleared else it will get stuck, not entirely clean (75% clean), it will bum against your walls or any expensive low lying items (such as my speakers).

So overall, I will give it a 7/10. Not totally useful, but better then nothing :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
dex, sorry, i bought the PS3 instead. So are u getting the kinect?

Wow, poision! ;P

As much as I would love to, pocket's kinda dry at the moment.

looks like your wifey is enjoying your new toy.

A Blessed Christmas Edward.

If was a office group buy, there were 11 of us. This item was bought online from a chinese website. The vacuum cleaner itself is $200 + $60 (delivery from China, bigger group cheaper).

Pros of Rambo : Auto clean at a preset time and goes back to base station when done, does not need to change the vaccum bag (rubbish stored in a container, which can be cleared), and of course you dont have to do the cleaning yrself.

Cons of Rambo : You must make sure that all obstacles are cleared else it will get stuck, not entirely clean (75% clean), it will bum against your walls or any expensive low lying items (such as my speakers).

So overall, I will give it a 7/10. Not totally useful, but better then nothing :P

Rambo? so cute the name...haha... u mean it will bang itself to the skirting (if any) when cleaning..? is it smart enough to go from living room to bedroom?

Lastly, can i know the chinese website? :rolleyes:

I walk pass HN(westmall) yesterday & saw a sign written Kinect @ $450. Didn't have enough time to walk in n take a look as lunch time about to end. Duno whether I see wrongly...

Get stuck? as in if it goes into a small space where it cannot turn after bumping into the obstacle, it will be stuck there in that little space?

Not entirely clean? So still can see dust, dirt and hair on the floor after it has finished cleaning?

Also, as gimz asked, will it go frm one room to another? or i have to pick it up and place it in another room for it to clean tt room?

I like your lamp... Where did u get it from?? The one just outside the glass panel of your kitchen. Beautiful!!

Hi May,

My wife will be happy to know that someone likes her lamp. We got it from the IFC, the first shop on the right, cant remember the name. Anyway, there were 2 lamps left when we bought it, so I am not too sure if they have anymore left. We paid $200 for it. Hope it helps.

Rambo? so cute the name...haha... u mean it will bang itself to the skirting (if any) when cleaning..? is it smart enough to go from living room to bedroom?

Lastly, can i know the chinese website? :rolleyes:

Hi gimz,

It is smart enough to go from room to room, provided that there are no steps or doors in between. The machines has sensors, to prevent itself from knocking against the walls, skirting or any low lying object, but the machine has "blindspots" also. So it is not 100% that it will not bang against the walls, skirtings etc. Nevertheless, the machine has a bumper (with sensor), once the bumper hits the wall or skirting it will move away from it.

You may want to watch the product demo of a similar product on youtube :

The chinese website is : www.taobao.com

Get stuck? as in if it goes into a small space where it cannot turn after bumping into the obstacle, it will be stuck there in that little space?

Not entirely clean? So still can see dust, dirt and hair on the floor after it has finished cleaning?

Also, as gimz asked, will it go frm one room to another? or i have to pick it up and place it in another room for it to clean tt room?

According to my friend who uses it, he says that the getting stuck issue can be mitigated if you know how the robot behaves. Things like rugs, wires, steps can cause the machine to get stuck. So to mitigate, you will have to make sure that there are no rugs lying ard, or make sure that the wires are neatly put away or may sure that you close the toilet door to prevent it from falling off the step. Also, sometimes like you say, it will get in between the chairs and take forever to try to get itself out of the chairs :P

For the cleanliness, I will think it is the blindspot problem. I think because it is a machine, it works based on certain programed logic. Some places you see that it is not clean, but the robot can move up and down, round and round, but still cannot get to the place that you think it is not clean.

Hope my explanations (from my observation) help :P BTW, most of my colleagues thinks that it is a fantastic buy, they have only praises for the robot.

Thanks Edward for the feedback. :)

Sounds like a good enough vacuum cleaner for me, need it to get rid of dirt and hair on my white laminates. :P

I would be going to Zhuhai/Shenzhen in March 2011, will see if i can get one there.

Cheers! :)

Thanks Edward for the feedback. :)

Sounds like a good enough vacuum cleaner for me, need it to get rid of dirt and hair on my white laminates. :P

I would be going to Zhuhai/Shenzhen in March 2011, will see if i can get one there.

Cheers! :)

if gum & cheap & good, can organise MO on this :D :D :D

........Things like rugs, wires, steps can cause the machine to get stuck. So to mitigate, you will have to make sure that there are no rugs lying ard.....

oh, it can't take rugs on the floor? so tt mean i can't use it if i have one of those big rugs on my living floor with my sofa and coffee table sitting on the rug?

oh, it can't take rugs on the floor? so tt mean i can't use it if i have one of those big rugs on my living floor with my sofa and coffee table sitting on the rug?

Haha. I dont have those big rug, so i dont know about that. But my general sensing tells me that it can move ard on the big rugs. The rug i am refering to is those small small ones for dryin our legs. The reason is because the vacuum cleaner will suck in the rug and cos it to jam. But the big rug, too big will not be suck in.

6210659163_6f6fb6e4aa.jpg

2011-10-04 21.41.05 by fatass1980, on Flickr

Bought this my new toy, the Dyson Am03 Pedestal Fan and decided to write a review on it.

Damage : $699

Review : Decided to buy this fan for 2 reasons. Main reason (1) found out that I have a spine problem and I cant do a lot of house work, so decided on this fan because the maintenance is quite easy. Second reason (2) looks good. After using the fan for about 2 months, I have to say that the maintenance is really quite simple as compared to the conventional fans with the blades and the covers. All I have to do it wipe the fan with a piece of wet cloth and that's it. On the down side, the fan is extremely noisy (near top speed) and the "breeze" is not as strong compared to the conventional fans.

So I conclude that unless you have plenty of cash to spare or has a back problem like myself, for it's price, I think it is not worth it.

Edited by edward

Hey Edward,

great to see you at renotalk again.

I have recently bought a similar bladeless fan like Dyson (read replica made in China)

and boy was it noisy.

Rated 35W but less windy than my convection fan of 30W.

6210659163_6f6fb6e4aa.jpg

2011-10-04 21.41.05 by fatass1980, on Flickr

Bought this my new toy, the Dyson Am03 Pedestal Fan and decided to write a review on it.

Damage : $699

Review : Decided to buy this fan for 2 reasons. Main reason (1) found out that I have a spine problem and I cant do a lot of house work, so decided on this fan because the maintenance is quite easy. Second reason (2) looks good. After using the fan for about 2 months, I have to say that the maintenance is really quite simple as compared to the conventional fans with the blades and the covers. All I have to do it wipe the fan with a piece of wet cloth and that's it. On the down side, the fan is extremely noisy (near top speed) and the "breeze" is not as strong compared to the conventional fans.

So I conclude that unless you have plenty of cash to spare or has a back problem like myself, for it's price, I think it is not worth it.