Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edward

Rejuvenating My 3rm 30year Old Flat In Amk

Hey Edward,

great to see you at renotalk again.

I have recently bought a similar bladeless fan like Dyson (read replica made in China)

and boy was it noisy.

Rated 35W but less windy than my convection fan of 30W.

Hi dexufto, great to chat you again :D I have been really lazy after my reno and nothing much to update, so seldom come on here. But since I got a new toy, thought of sharing with everyone here. My friend told me about the china fan too, I think she bought from Gmarket.com @ $36 only. *&^%, I feel like a Robert.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

5237779113_37cdd84858.jpg

The fake I Robot died in nov 11, less then 1 year after purchase. Though useful, the lack of warranty buying through TaoBao.com makes it risky. Recommendation to buy from those websites that provides local (singapore) warranty to your robot vaccums. Recently saw one of those on gmarket.com and streetdeal.com.sg.

Edited by edward

5114005097_5a7e2feae0.jpg

Before (look all nice)

7295115926_5ec0bd054d.jpg

After (Corroded Hinges, where i have to replace half yearly)

Complain complain complain!!!

This is the first major complain since my renovation in Dec 10. It is the Hoe Kee wash basin + cabinet combi. It was advertise that this cabinet is able to withstand water and will not rot away, which is 100% true. However, since my toilet is so tiny, the shower area and the basin is next to each other. Due to the moisture of the environment as well as occasionally contact with water, the hinges corroded. I had to replace the hinges once every 6 months, which is frustrating. And to make matters worse, Hoe Kee charged me $15+ for a hinge, when I can get those hinges at < $2 from hardware stores like Viborg Trading. ANGRYYYYYYYY!!!

So please consider, consider and re-consider if you intend to purchase from Hoe Kee.

Review of NOT so New Toy

After my robot vacuum died, decided to buy either a rechargeable vacuum or an electric broom. Considering the price, decided to go for the electric broom (Karcher K 55 plus).

7295133572_1907bf653d.jpg

This sweeper is cheaper than most rechargeable vacuum. It is also convenient to remove the dust from its dust pan. Despite the price and the ease of maintenance, it does not sweep very effectively. Often leaving alot of dust at the edges and instead of sweeping into the dust pan, pushes it forward. So it has basically failed its primary job. that is sweeping and removing dust.

I am now in a dilemma, should I persist with the broom or get a conventional vacuum or robot vacuum. Hmm....