Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edward

Rejuvenating My 3rm 30year Old Flat In Amk

manutd, you r really an expert leh.... I looked at the spec, it says freq bet 40-20,000 hz. Does it mean it is good enough? Also do you have any idea what is the impedance for, should it be higher or lower?

no, no....not expert. just an amateur. thr r so many others ard who're more knowledgeable than i am.

40Hz is good enough. most of our human ears can't pick up the really really low frequencies anyway. so u dun need a sub oredi. ur system is gd enuf for our typical home theatre and music CD use.

impedance....hmm...very long explanation. better to just refer to the following:

http://www.prestonelectronics.com/audio/Impedance.htm

http://www.deltamedia.com/resource/impedance.html

http://www.hometoys.com/htinews/feb04/arti...k/impedence.htm

good luck reading. but so long as it's a matching system, i wldn't worry too much abt it.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yr cambridge audio sound system looks beautiful, I like the color. Too bad mine cannot choose color. How much did you play for it?

$600+ for the 2ch amp. Nothing fanciful, no dsp, no Dolby prologic, no dts ex, no thx, nothing, just an amp that has multi source inputs. I like it's small footprint while generating a generous amount of power to the speakers:D

Regarding the floorstanders, another point to note, while they can play low frequency up to 40Hz, the question being how easy is LFE can be heard/felt, based on the efficiency of the speakers or program material.

If the material does not contain any LFE, turning up the sub bass reveals nothing earthshaking, however certain materials may emphasize segments like train rumbling, explosions, aircraft flying, then I'm sure without a sub u will be doing just fine, the sub just accentuates the booming experience. My one cents worth.

Sad Weekend

Many things broke down..... :(

Initially was looking forward to the completion this weekend. But so many things broke down.

1. Aircon (in-door unit) in living room stopped suddenly and had burning smell. It stopped working after that.

2. Hinge of the 3 sitter recliner-type sofa from novena was bent, and 1 of the sit was not hooked on properly and became detached from the rest of the sofa units. Didnt realise that before the delivery man left.

3. As a result of drilling (curtain and wardrobe), there were 2 holes on the walls. Yen got to get his workers to come back to fix the holes and repaint the walls.

Really upset....

Edited by edward

Hi edward,

So overall how do you find CT...

Hi, I wanted to give a final summary of CT Square after the reno is completed. BUt since you asked, I will give a quick view on CT Square. I think in general their worksmanship is good (you can asked them to bring u over to see my place, if you are interested, hahahaha), and my project coordinator, Yen (I dont know about the other guys in CT Square) is a responsible and creative person.

You can see that, at this final stages, there are some hipcups here and there, he has never once push the blame around to someone else or us, the owners (as long as they are within the agreed terms). He will always hear us out and try to solve the problems. Which makes us, feel comfortable working with him.

THis is my quick over view. Hope it helps.

no, no....not expert. just an amateur. thr r so many others ard who're more knowledgeable than i am.

40Hz is good enough. most of our human ears can't pick up the really really low frequencies anyway. so u dun need a sub oredi. ur system is gd enuf for our typical home theatre and music CD use.

impedance....hmm...very long explanation. better to just refer to the following:

http://www.prestonelectronics.com/audio/Impedance.htm

http://www.deltamedia.com/resource/impedance.html

http://www.hometoys.com/htinews/feb04/arti...k/impedence.htm

good luck reading. but so long as it's a matching system, i wldn't worry too much abt it.

Thanks for all the links. Look through it quickly, looks very technical... hahaha.... feel like giving up already.

Hi, I wanted to give a final summary of CT Square after the reno is completed. BUt since you asked, I will give a quick view on CT Square. I think in general their worksmanship is good (you can asked them to bring u over to see my place, if you are interested, hahahaha), and my project coordinator, Yen (I dont know about the other guys in CT Square) is a responsible and creative person.

You can see that, at this final stages, there are some hipcups here and there, he has never once push the blame around to someone else or us, the owners (as long as they are within the agreed terms). He will always hear us out and try to solve the problems. Which makes us, feel comfortable working with him.

THis is my quick over view. Hope it helps.

Just a word of caution if you wish to engage CT Square to renovate your premise.

1. Tiling workmanship is horrendous, or I should say is one of the worst I have ever seen. Workmanship is not average, is definitely very very bad. Starting from living room,kitchen and 2 bedroom - There are at least 15 pieces of lippage or in laymen's term it's known as uneveness between adjoining tiles. FYI I am using 600 x 600 homogeneous tiles. Reason for such uneveness is obvious due to poor cement substrate leveling. Instead of admitting such flaw, they are trying to remedy the situation by applying white cement to fill the grout. What's the point? Despite their effort in replacing affected tiles, the uneveness is still felt throughout my living room, bedroom & kitchen due to the fact that the cement substrate is already settled in. Moreover I can't imagine my living room tiles has a gradient using spirit level.

2. Toilet floor tiles - Totally no gradient. Water ponding is evident throughout the toilet when a buckle of water is splashed throughout. Remedy? - To replace selected tiles. But what is the point when the bedding is not screeded to proper gradient? FYI I had even specifically reminded the tiler - somemore is the foreman prior to laying that the flow gradient must be achieved consistently but it was never materialised. I am speechless when I saw pool of waters stagnant around toilet. The only way is to re-hack & re-lay the entire floor tiles to make good the bedding which means further delay expected.

Apart from the above which is the most important aspect of renovation package, the remaining works such as carpentry,plumbing etc are pretty ok.

Just my 2c worth

Thanks for all the links. Look through it quickly, looks very technical... hahaha.... feel like giving up already.

haha....tt's why i say, so long as ur system is a matching one, dun bother too much abt it. wat u shld take note of are the frequency response and signal-to-noise ratio.

Just a word of caution if you wish to engage CT Square to renovate your premise.

1. Tiling workmanship is horrendous, or I should say is one of the worst I have ever seen. Workmanship is not average, is definitely very very bad. Starting from living room,kitchen and 2 bedroom - There are at least 15 pieces of lippage or in laymen's term it's known as uneveness between adjoining tiles. FYI I am using 600 x 600 homogeneous tiles. Reason for such uneveness is obvious due to poor cement substrate leveling. Instead of admitting such flaw, they are trying to remedy the situation by applying white cement to fill the grout. What's the point? Despite their effort in replacing affected tiles, the uneveness is still felt throughout my living room, bedroom & kitchen due to the fact that the cement substrate is already settled in. Moreover I can't imagine my living room tiles has a gradient using spirit level.

2. Toilet floor tiles - Totally no gradient. Water ponding is evident throughout the toilet when a buckle of water is splashed throughout. Remedy? - To replace selected tiles. But what is the point when the bedding is not screeded to proper gradient? FYI I had even specifically reminded the tiler - somemore is the foreman prior to laying that the flow gradient must be achieved consistently but it was never materialised. I am speechless when I saw pool of waters stagnant around toilet. The only way is to re-hack & re-lay the entire floor tiles to make good the bedding which means further delay expected.

Apart from the above which is the most important aspect of renovation package, the remaining works such as carpentry,plumbing etc are pretty ok.

Just my 2c worth

You spoken to yr PM? Daniel right? Maybe you can snap some photos and post on here as well, I think some of the bros / sis can give advice. I do have some uneven tiles in the living and bedroom as well, but not as many as yours. I have told them to change it and it looks reasonable afterwards. There was 1 hollow tile, but they replaced it as well. Anyone else faces the same problem when re-tiling of their old flats?

I tested my toilet for gradient problem at a very early part of the reno and found that the gradient was ok. How bad is the ponding? is it 20cent type or a very big puddle type? I noted that while there is gradient for the toilet floor tiles (both my sis's house, done by HDB and my house), water wont flow off the tiles totally. Hmm... An analogy : Like our umbrella, though it has a gradient, when you close your umbrella after the rain or when you enter a shelter, there will still be droplets on it (:P, this is the best i can try to illustrate).

Installation of my glass door and partition

My glass door and glass partition between the kitchen and living room was finally installed last fri. I think the glass partition looks gorgeous. But on a flip side, my in-laws are worried that the kids will knock their heads against the glass door and suggested that we paste some stickers on the glass door. Hmm.... I am really not too keen on that idea. It is a real waste of money installing a glass door in the first place if we were to do that :(

5200871165_7f9e7ab2c9.jpg

Glass door and partition

5201461892_a895ef8d2f.jpg

Glass door and partition, reverse angle

As mentioned earlier, the plaster came off because of drilling during the installation of curtain and wardrobe. Yen promised to get everything fix and make sure everything is nice and good by the weekend. Hhahaha... i m excited again. Looking forward to SITEX as well :D

5201460168_e29e4bd0d6.jpg

Crack due installation of curtains

5201458902_14bb7e4a23.jpg

Crack due installation of a overly long nail for my wardrobe

Edited by edward

My glass door and glass partition between the kitchen and living room was finally installed last fri. I think the glass partition looks gorgeous. But on a flip side, my in-laws are worried that the kids will knock their heads against the glass door and suggested that we paste some stickers on the glass door. Hmm.... I am really not too keen on that idea. It is a real waste of money installing a glass door in the first place if we were to do that :(

Glass door and partition

As mentioned earlier, the plaster came off because of drilling during the installation of curtain and wardrobe. Yen promised to get everything fix and make sure everything is nice and good by the weekend. Hhahaha... i m excited again. Looking forward to SITEX as well :D

5201460168_e29e4bd0d6.jpg

Crack due installation of curtains

5201458902_14bb7e4a23.jpg

Crack due installation of a overly long nail for my wardrobe

beautiful glass partition doors!!! confirm COV up by another 80k! :D it may cost a bit more but i'm very sure it's so satisfying to see it everyday :D :D :D

a tip. get ur glass door contractor to throw in free sandblasted film to paste across the door. if u ask other place, they charge minimum of $80 to install. if there's no children, paste a horizontal film one-thirds from the top; if there's toddlers running around, paste another stretch at the one-third from the bottom. the film might impose some visual blocking, but safety comes first.

where u do ur roller blinds and how much? I need them oso, PM me if ok with u. thanks.

Edited by neubie

Glass door and partition

indeed they are gorgeous? how much did it cost..? :)

kids are smart de, knock once, will remember next time! :P

Glass door and partition

Wow, very nice, looks like kitchen for showroom apartments, spacious and clean :)

Yes, the glass added a touch of class and sophistication. :)

I agree with you too, not too keen on adding stickers, soft of spoils the clean look.

On another hand you can look at wall/ stickers decal if you really need to.

would you mind sharing the cost of your blinds as well? how much psf, and quality of the device.

thanks.

Wow, very nice, looks like kitchen for showroom apartments, spacious and clean :)

Nice kitchen. My kitchen cabinet doors are similar to yours, but i'm using the white solid top. :)