Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edward

Rejuvenating My 3rm 30year Old Flat In Amk

Oh yes, the kinect was priced at $469 at the expo now that you hav mentioned.

will look forward to your review of this game console soon,

And prehaps edward and I may get it together for a better bargin? group-buy? :dribble:

think tt $270 Wii is only if u buy 2 games wif min price of $39.90 per game or something. den when u add another set of controller n nun-chuks, and if u wan MotionPlus for both controllers also....total price might come up to closer to $400. i've been looking at Wii for a few months liao.

my sole purpose was to use it for exercises so my original intent was a Wii console, 2 sets of controllers, Fit board, and Wii Fit. this combi would hv cost over $500+. den Kinect came out on 17th for special preview, 18th for public. i went to Plaza Sing on 18th to try it out. bought it on the spot aft trying it out. Xbox 360 console wif Kinect sensor is $469, plus adding one of the Sports games to use for fitness exercise, total is only slightly above $500. and there's no controller to add in future etc, shld u wanna "upgrade". no running out of batteries while playing a game, no sitting down and playing using only ur hands, exercising only ur hands and arms. it's a whole body workout! uber cool and immersive. and shiong....very tiring!

hey manutd, have you started your regime with yr kinect? is it effective? hahahaha... i wanted to buy a track mill previous, but now that you promote kinect, and it is half the price of a thread mill, sounds like a good deal..... :D

Welcome, I'm sorry that $2.99 deal. nevertheless at $3.55psf, it is still cheaper than most other (or should I say "all" other) stores. Visited a neighbourhood store, was retailing $7.5psf for the same brand I was offered :)

weight your choices and good luck.

dexufto, thanks man for the deal. called moses, he didnt manage to give me the 2.99 deal, but he offered 3.50psf and the final cost for 1 piece of 1.2m width, half height fullout roller curtain will cost $140. still considering if i should take it or go for the ikea one (have to cut out the size ourself) which will cost probably 40plus for the whole unit. dillemma....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
dexufto, thanks man for the deal. called moses, he didnt manage to give me the 2.99 deal, but he offered 3.50psf and the final cost for 1 piece of 1.2m width, half height fullout roller curtain will cost $140. still considering if i should take it or go for the ikea one (have to cut out the size ourself) which will cost probably 40plus for the whole unit. dillemma....

er...i suggest u take the $140 one. the Ikea blinds hv been getting a lot of negative feedback here on the forum frm users. seems a lot of them claims tt the mechanism gets jammed after some time of usage and the blinds dun always roll up in proper alignment.

i thot of using them too, to save costs, but decided the risk of eventually having to spend more again to get proper ones kind of put me off. especially when i consider the price difference is only about $200 for all the windows in my whole 3-rm flat.

hey manutd, have you started your regime with yr kinect? is it effective? hahahaha... i wanted to buy a track mill previous, but now that you promote kinect, and it is half the price of a thread mill, sounds like a good deal..... :D

hmm....for me personally, i wldn't get any sort of gym equipment liao. i once had a bench where u can do presses, leg curls n extensions. upside: can exercise all u want. downside: takes up a lot of floor space. and if u dismantle it n keep it, den set it up when u want to use it, chances r, u'll leave it in the storeroom aft some time, nvr to be used again.

i haven't started yet due to an issue wif my carpentry tt's affecting the cables connection. bt hv tried it for a few days while at my previous place. depending on the games, u can really feel ur sore muscles the next day. it's like when u play Wii for the first time. say when u play a boxing game n u've never played it before, d nx day, u'll feel ur arms and pecs aching a bit.

i wld say most of the games give u a cardio workout, rather than muscle strengthening or building. for that, i think nothing beats a gym equipment. but if u're just wanting to maintain or improve ur stamina, den Wii or Kinect shld be able to do the trick. just nd to buy those fitness-biased games, like Wii Fit or Kinect Trainer (or something - the game tt comes wif a heartbeat monitor).

Oh yes, the kinect was priced at $469 at the expo now that you hav mentioned.

will look forward to your review of this game console soon,

And prehaps edward and I may get it together for a better bargin? group-buy? :dribble:

Welcome, I'm sorry that $2.99 deal. nevertheless at $3.55psf, it is still cheaper than most other (or should I say "all" other) stores. Visited a neighbourhood store, was retailing $7.5psf for the same brand I was offered :)

weight your choices and good luck.

haha... group buy sounds like a plan. let me check with my CEO.... :D she wants something that can play blu-ray/dvd and her music CDs.... need to check out its functions. maybe can try it out this weekend if there is any rd shows.

Think i will take up Moses offer and get the curtain, 3.50 is still quite a decent deal i guess. thanks again for the lobang :)

haha... group buy sounds like a plan. let me check with my CEO.... :D she wants something that can play blu-ray/dvd and her music CDs.... need to check out its functions. maybe can try it out this weekend if there is any rd shows.

ok, i just checked wif my own unit. didn't know this earlier, but Xbox 360 console can play DVD and music CDs. dunno abt Blu-ray cos i dun hv any Blu-ray discs.

Think i will take up Moses offer and get the curtain, 3.50 is still quite a decent deal i guess. thanks again for the lobang :)

ok, i just checked wif my own unit. didn't know this earlier, but Xbox 360 console can play DVD and music CDs. dunno abt Blu-ray cos i dun hv any Blu-ray discs.

For blu ray, there isn't (thought they have a mention of external BR device early this year), according to spokesperson from Microsoft Xbox (dated 23/09/10).

It claims that blu ray is just a passing trend (sounds like Laserdisc), chances are formats are likely to be digitally downloaded in the future.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/xbox...g_borrowed_time

Hence for blu-ray game consoles, guess it's Playstation then, afterall it's a technology from Sony.

It claims that blu ray is just a passing trend (sounds like Laserdisc), chances are formats are likely to be digitally downloaded in the future.

this actually does sound logical, if u look at the history of movies on discs. started wif Laser disc, den VCD, den DVD, and now Blu-ray.

and nw wif internet connectivity being so prevalent and affordable, plus the increasing popularity of media players/boxes, it just might happen a few years down d road.

but i think the physical discs will still be sold, in whatever format that is more popular in the mass market, and downloaded media will be another avenue of obtaining our movies. just like online music nw, in time to come, we will have online movies and stuff. download, save onto a HDD, and watch it whenever u want. pause it anywhere in the movie, bookmark it, and come back to it on another day or time.

to be honest, i've nvr seen a Blu-ray movie before so i cant really understand when ppl talk abt d better details, higher def, better sound etc. To me right nw, d current DVDs r gd enuf so no impetus to "upgrade". i'm waiting to see if they'll come out wif a Blu-ray recorder, instead of just a player.

Edited by manutd1972

this actually does sound logical, if u look at the history of movies on discs. started wif Laser disc, den VCD, den DVD, and now Blu-ray.

and nw wif internet connectivity being so prevalent and affordable, plus the increasing popularity of media players/boxes, it just might happen a few years down d road.

but i think the physical discs will still be sold, in whatever format that is more popular in the mass market, and downloaded media will be another avenue of obtaining our movies. just like online music nw, in time to come, we will have online movies and stuff. download, save onto a HDD, and watch it whenever u want. pause it anywhere in the movie, bookmark it, and come back to it on another day or time.

to be honest, i've nvr seen a Blu-ray movie before so i cant really understand when ppl talk abt d better details, higher def, better sound etc. To me right nw, d current DVDs r gd enuf so no impetus to "upgrade". i'm waiting to see if they'll come out wif a Blu-ray recorder, instead of just a player.

Dex is spot-on. when DVD replaced VCD/LD, everyone thought it's the end of the high-def TV. that time, one DVD costs as much as $60 a piece, now it has gone down to the price similar to a VCD when it was launched....HD-DVD din really take off, much like Sony's Betamax format losing big time to VHS, and now BD (in fact BD is at least 6 yrs old since its introduction) is so sought after.

resolution-wise, it's much (4x) defined and clearer.... you shd see a BD-ripped program, I had a few BD titles, Saving Private Ryan, Andrea Bocelli Vivere, Toy Story 3, all in 1080p, all streamed using my Buffalo NAS.

the only thing that nv changed much is CD-Audio, since superlative formats like SACD,DVDA, HDCD never really gain strong foothold in the dominant CD market. despite that, i ripped all my CDs into MP3/FLAC/AAC music files which I can play them in any room with a DLNA and wifi-capable device. That's why I never have any disc player at home. :)

Edited by neubie

Dex is spot-on. when DVD replaced VCD/LD, everyone thought it's the end of the high-def TV. that time, one DVD costs as much as $60 a piece, now it has gone down to the price similar to a VCD when it was launched....HD-DVD din really take off, much like Sony's Betamax format losing big time to VHS, and now BD (in fact BD is at least 6 yrs old since its introduction) is so sought after.

resolution-wise, it's much (4x) defined and clearer.... you shd see a BD-ripped program, I had a few BD titles, Saving Private Ryan, Andrea Bocelli Vivere, Toy Story 3, all in 1080p, all streamed using my Buffalo NAS.

the only thing that nv changed much is CD-Audio, since superlative formats like SACD,DVDA, HDCD never really gain strong foothold in the dominant CD market. despite that, i ripped all my CDs into MP3/FLAC/AAC music files which I can play them in any room with a DLNA and wifi-capable device. That's why I never have any disc player at home. :)

neubie, dex, manutd,

You guys are so helpful. Guess Dex has a point on the Blu-ray thinggy. I hardly seen anyone buys blu-ray disc, considering the price difference between a dvd and a blu-ray. I think the visual difference is not significant for the price. So maybe I can convince my wife to look at a game console without taking the blu-ray function into consideration.

Anyway, neubie, I think you must be a very techky person. Your house sounds very well-wired. How do you come the DLNA and wifi capable device to play music? Dont quite understand. Paiseh.

manutd, thanks for checking. :)

neubie, dex, manutd,

You guys are so helpful. Guess Dex has a point on the Blu-ray thinggy. I hardly seen anyone buys blu-ray disc, considering the price difference between a dvd and a blu-ray. I think the visual difference is not significant for the price. So maybe I can convince my wife to look at a game console without taking the blu-ray function into consideration.

Anyway, neubie, I think you must be a very techky person. Your house sounds very well-wired. How do you come the DLNA and wifi capable device to play music? Dont quite understand. Paiseh.

ok, see if my explanation clarifies or make u even blurrer... :D

traditionally, to play some music/video, u turn on ur hifi/TV, pop in a CD, cassette (anyone still using cassette these days? :D) /DVD, sit back, relax & enjoy the music. with the popularity of MP3 and advancement of video coding technologies/formats, it is possible to store all digitized music/video files onto a centralized hard-disk known as a Network Attached Storage or NAS for short.

either using wired or wireless LAN, it is possible to access music/video files in each room, in addition, u can store/share files/photos/documents among each connected computers. can even share devices such as printers.

Some wired/wireless media players are able to make full use of the existing wired/wireless LAN to stream music/video from the NAS server. for video streaming playback, one of the mandatory requirements is both the TV and NAS server must be DLNA-certified. Read here for more details wrt Digital Network Living Alliance. Quite a bunch of manufacturers are supporting DLNA on their devices such as TV, handphones, servers, gaming consoles, etc, to effortlessly link up all the connected devices. check if ur philips TV has this Ethernet connectivity or wifi connectivity, if yes, chances are it is DLNA-compliant. All u need is another DLNA-compliant NAS and you are good to go. NAS cost between $100-$300 depending on hard disk sizes.

you have the AppleTV installed at ur console, so i think u can install iTunes in ur PC, enable media-sharing and stream video/audio/pictures to ur AppleTV, which outputs the signals to ur TV. incidentally, u bought ur AppleTV overseas right? cos locally they dun sell.

ok, see if my explanation clarifies or make u even blurrer... :D

traditionally, to play some music/video, u turn on ur hifi/TV, pop in a CD, cassette (anyone still using cassette these days? :D) /DVD, sit back, relax & enjoy the music. with the popularity of MP3 and advancement of video coding technologies/formats, it is possible to store all digitized music/video files onto a centralized hard-disk known as a Network Attached Storage or NAS for short.

either using wired or wireless LAN, it is possible to access music/video files in each room, in addition, u can store/share files/photos/documents among each connected computers. can even share devices such as printers.

Some wired/wireless media players are able to make full use of the existing wired/wireless LAN to stream music/video from the NAS server. for video streaming playback, one of the mandatory requirements is both the TV and NAS server must be DLNA-certified. Read here for more details wrt Digital Network Living Alliance. Quite a bunch of manufacturers are supporting DLNA on their devices such as TV, handphones, servers, gaming consoles, etc, to effortlessly link up all the connected devices. check if ur philips TV has this Ethernet connectivity or wifi connectivity, if yes, chances are it is DLNA-compliant. All u need is another DLNA-compliant NAS and you are good to go. NAS cost between $100-$300 depending on hard disk sizes.

you have the AppleTV installed at ur console, so i think u can install iTunes in ur PC, enable media-sharing and stream video/audio/pictures to ur AppleTV, which outputs the signals to ur TV. incidentally, u bought ur AppleTV overseas right? cos locally they dun sell.

hi neubie, thanks for the advise. I think I got what u mean. Anyway, I bought my new toy, PS3. My colleagues rationalised that if I like RPG and action games, PS3 offers better graphics. And I think the PS3 can be used as a media centre as well. Rip all my disc into the machine, and voila. :)

For blu ray, there isn't (thought they have a mention of external BR device early this year), according to spokesperson from Microsoft Xbox (dated 23/09/10).

Hence for blu-ray game consoles, guess it's Playstation then, afterall it's a technology from Sony.

dex, sorry, i bought the PS3 instead. So are u getting the kinect?

MY CLEANING AGENTS

Maintaining the house is one of the most troublesome chore. And with no maid, have to find means and ways to may cleaning as easy as possible. So I bought a fake I Robot (robot vacuum cleaner) and the magic handy duster (for the difficult to reach places) to help ease my chores :D Anyone else has other good cleaning machines / equipments that can recommend?

5237779113_37cdd84858.jpg

Fake I ROBOT, named RAMBO

5277464160_51941dae38.jpg

Magic clean hand duster

MY NEW TOY

HAHA, finally got myself a Play Station 3. My wife has agreed to give this to me as a Xmas present. :D But of course, she uses it as well, to play her music. She played the whole weekend, I dont have a chance to play my games :(

5276832225_dfc4b60363.jpg

MY CLEANING AGENTS

Maintaining the house is one of the most troublesome chore. And with no maid, have to find means and ways to may cleaning as easy as possible. So I bought a fake I Robot (robot vacuum cleaner) and the magic handy duster (for the difficult to reach places) to help ease my chores :D Anyone else has other good cleaning machines / equipments that can recommend?

5237779113_37cdd84858.jpg

Fake I ROBOT, named RAMBO

hw much did u pay for ur Rambo? how is its performance so far?