Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edward

Rejuvenating My 3rm 30year Old Flat In Amk

Yes, the glass added a touch of class and sophistication. :)

I agree with you too, not too keen on adding stickers, soft of spoils the clean look.

On another hand you can look at wall/ stickers decal if you really need to.

would you mind sharing the cost of your blinds as well? how much psf, and quality of the device.

thanks.

hi neubie n dexufto, sorry didnt come online for a while. My blinds are from ikea. Quite cheap minimum from 20+ onwards depending on the width. But i feel that the quality is not fantastic n will not recommend, unless u do not Mind the qualtiy for the price.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
indeed they are gorgeous? how much did it cost..? :)

kids are smart de, knock once, will remember next time! :P

hi gimz, the glass door and the glass partition totalled $950. I don't know if its cheap or ex, but the price for my whole reno package seem reasonable. :D

Nice kitchen. My kitchen cabinet doors are similar to yours, but i'm using the white solid top. :)

Wow, very nice, looks like kitchen for showroom apartments, spacious and clean :)

Thank you for the comments. :D

Tomr the aircon repair man, sofa repair man and my sound system will be arriving..... yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Tomr the aircon repair man, sofa repair man and my sound system will be arriving..... yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Your dream home is very well done and from the photo posted it seems that you miss out IPTV infrastructure.

Hello Edward,

Regarding your renovated toilets, I noticed that there are no ventilation pipes ( small PVC type) near or next to both of your toilet bowls . Did you remove them completely during your reno , is this ok ? I have these same ventilation pipes in my mum's 3 room flat as well in AMK, they are very cumbersome and located very near the toilet bowl. It causes obstruction and restricts the type of toilet bowl that you can change.

Hello Edward,

Regarding your renovated toilets, I noticed that there are no ventilation pipes ( small PVC type) near or next to both of your toilet bowls . Did you remove them completely during your reno , is this ok ? I have these same ventilation pipes in my mum's 3 room flat as well in AMK, they are very cumbersome and located very near the toilet bowl. It causes obstruction and restricts the type of toilet bowl that you can change.

Hi rainforest, before the reno, all the contractors/IDs who came over to my house recommended removing the air pipe. They told me that the pipes were meant for the squating type toilet bowls. So I changed it. You may want to check with your contractors again if this can be done.

Hi rainforest, before the reno, all the contractors/IDs who came over to my house recommended removing the air pipe. They told me that the pipes were meant for the squating type toilet bowls. So I changed it. You may want to check with your contractors again if this can be done.

Hello Edward,

Thanks very much for your quick reply. Yes, I am very curious why the ventilation pipes were not removed from my mum's toilets when renovation was done some 8 or 9 years ago... Then in another 3 room flat of a friend in AMK Block 611 Ave 5 which is currently undergoing Home Improvement Upgrading by the HDB, the same pipes were re installed back by the main HDB contractor for all the flats even though they were not squatting pan type of toilets. These pipes caused obstruction to residents who have bought their own toilet bowls which were slightly larger than the standard ones provided by the HDB.

My home entertainment

Haha..... My Philips Full HD LCD, Onkyo Amp, Jamo Speakers and apple TV made up my home entertainment for the time being. Looking to add a a PS3 or WII or XBOX360. Which one is a better choice?? Do they have blu-ray player? Hmmmmmm......

5238371280_47eccaf362.jpg

MY HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Also, this is my wardrobe. The pole type I bought from Ikea. So far I think the wardrobe is the least nice place in the house. I think I failed terribly designing it.... :( Hope I can install a nice WIW door or curtain to made up for it.

5238356788_31250803ca.jpg

My home entertainment

Haha..... My Philips Full HD LCD, Onkyo Amp, Jamo Speakers and apple TV made up my home entertainment for the time being. Looking to add a a PS3 or WII or XBOX360. Which one is a better choice?? Do they have blu-ray player? Hmmmmmm......

MY HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Also, this is my wardrobe. The pole type I bought from Ikea. So far I think the wardrobe is the least nice place in the house. I think I failed terribly designing it.... :( Hope I can install a nice WIW door or curtain to made up for it.

not sure if the electronics, esp the AVR amp will get too warm with the front panel door closed. My starhub hd box (the new cisco sleek black box) was hotter than my old set top box..... PS3 does have blu-ray capabilities....

take note the centre flap panel resting position is higher than the left/right ones, can ask ur carpenter to do some adjustment on that. :rolleyes:

i think when ur wardrobe is populated with clothes the bare feeling won't be tat bad.....what's the name of the pole furniture? I just got my stolmen installed halfway and look not bad.... Do check out mine for details.

Edited by neubie

Nice Entertainment systems.

Think most of (guys) take pride in this area of the house :sport-smiley-004:

On the same note; I'm eyeing on WII or Xbox Kinect as well,

remembered it costs about $270 for WII (1 controller) from Sitex. :)

I've gotten a quote for curtains for $325 for 2.8m x 2.4m including tracks + installations

Have PM you classic interior furnishing liaoz.

My home entertainment

MY HOME ENTERTAINMENT

You have an eye for details neubie.

not sure if the electronics, esp the AVR amp will get too warm with the front panel door closed. My starhub hd box (the new cisco sleek black box) was hotter than my old set top box..... PS3 does have blu-ray capabilities....

take note the centre flap panel resting position is higher than the left/right ones, can ask ur carpenter to do some adjustment on that. :rolleyes:

I've gotten a quote for curtains for $325 for 2.8m x 2.4m including tracks + installations

Well Reno ain't cheap, everyone paid hard-earned money to do it, hence gotta be getting one's money worth of quality. :D

think tt $270 Wii is only if u buy 2 games wif min price of $39.90 per game or something. den when u add another set of controller n nun-chuks, and if u wan MotionPlus for both controllers also....total price might come up to closer to $400. i've been looking at Wii for a few months liao.

my sole purpose was to use it for exercises so my original intent was a Wii console, 2 sets of controllers, Fit board, and Wii Fit. this combi would hv cost over $500+. den Kinect came out on 17th for special preview, 18th for public. i went to Plaza Sing on 18th to try it out. bought it on the spot aft trying it out. Xbox 360 console wif Kinect sensor is $469, plus adding one of the Sports games to use for fitness exercise, total is only slightly above $500. and there's no controller to add in future etc, shld u wanna "upgrade". no running out of batteries while playing a game, no sitting down and playing using only ur hands, exercising only ur hands and arms. it's a whole body workout! uber cool and immersive. and shiong....very tiring!

they even hv this Fitness Trainer game tt comes wif a heartbeat monitor tt u wear on ur wrist as u workout, n u can choose the intensity level at which u wanna work out. not cheap this game....but it beats paying for a gym membership, packing ur workout clothes, actually going down to the gym, showering aft the workout, n den getting back home aft d gym. wif Kinect, u do all these at home. no more....aiyah, still nd to drive to gym, look for parking...sian la, dun go workout liao. or even if u r disciplined to go regularly, thr's the on-going regular cost of a gym membership. Kinect is 1-time payment and tt's it man.

i'm definitely gg to be much fitter in the coming months....hehe... :D

i think when ur wardrobe is populated with clothes the bare feeling won't be tat bad.....what's the name of the pole furniture? I just got my stolmen installed halfway and look not bad.... Do check out mine for details.

heyoo, the AVR and the starhub box does get very hot, so no choice whenever i turn it on, i have to open the front panel. So it kind of defeats the purpose of having the panel for the tv console.. hmmm.....

i seen the stolmen, they are really beautiful. initially, i wanted the stolmen also, but the width of the parts are fixed. hence, cannot fit in the small corner in my room, so we choice the broder instead. now we need to find a drawer unit for my wardrobe to compliment my pole system. My contractor quoted $280 for 1 unit with 2 drawers, dont know if it is expensive or reasonable.

dexufto, thanks man for the deal. called moses, he didnt manage to give me the 2.99 deal, but he offered 3.50psf and the final cost for 1 piece of 1.2m width, half height fullout roller curtain will cost $140. still considering if i should take it or go for the ikea one (have to cut out the size ourself) which will cost probably 40plus for the whole unit. dillemma....

think tt $270 Wii is only if u buy 2 games wif min price of $39.90 per game or something. den when u add another set of controller n nun-chuks, and if u wan MotionPlus for both controllers also....total price might come up to closer to $400. i've been looking at Wii for a few months liao.

my sole purpose was to use it for exercises so my original intent was a Wii console, 2 sets of controllers, Fit board, and Wii Fit. this combi would hv cost over $500+. den Kinect came out on 17th for special preview, 18th for public. i went to Plaza Sing on 18th to try it out. bought it on the spot aft trying it out. Xbox 360 console wif Kinect sensor is $469, plus adding one of the Sports games to use for fitness exercise, total is only slightly above $500. and there's no controller to add in future etc, shld u wanna "upgrade". no running out of batteries while playing a game, no sitting down and playing using only ur hands, exercising only ur hands and arms. it's a whole body workout! uber cool and immersive. and shiong....very tiring!

they even hv this Fitness Trainer game tt comes wif a heartbeat monitor tt u wear on ur wrist as u workout, n u can choose the intensity level at which u wanna work out. not cheap this game....but it beats paying for a gym membership, packing ur workout clothes, actually going down to the gym, showering aft the workout, n den getting back home aft d gym. wif Kinect, u do all these at home. no more....aiyah, still nd to drive to gym, look for parking...sian la, dun go workout liao. or even if u r disciplined to go regularly, thr's the on-going regular cost of a gym membership. Kinect is 1-time payment and tt's it man.

i'm definitely gg to be much fitter in the coming months....hehe... :D

hey manutd, have you started your regime with yr kinect? is it effective? hahahaha... i wanted to buy a track mill previous, but now that you promote kinect, and it is half the price of a thread mill, sounds like a good deal..... :D