Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edward

Rejuvenating My 3rm 30year Old Flat In Amk

that makes the two of us, I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed on thr mixers with the storage tanks as well.

On a serious note; do check throughly the wrought iron gates from CNS after they delivered,

especially on the underside of the gates. Past forumers commented that they shave on painting those areas

least visible, eventually causing rust ;)

On a brighter side, today went over to the wrought iron gate show room at AMK industrial park intro by Yen. To my surprise, they are selling this budget and decent looking wrought iron gate (only 1 design and 1 color, cannot choose, take it or leave it type) at only $188net. Faint again. Cheapest found so far. Fast leg, fast hand, tell the sales lady to register my purchase (before they change their mind about the price).... hahahahahaha......

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
that makes the two of us, I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed on thr mixers with the storage tanks as well.

On a serious note; do check throughly the wrought iron gates from CNS after they delivered,

especially on the underside of the gates. Past forumers commented that they shave on painting those areas

least visible, eventually causing rust ;)

Waaa... dexufto, you are power leh. I never mention the name of the company, yet you know.. :D You must have loads of info. I dont know about their quality yet, however with your advise, I will take note.

Also on a serious note, just to share with everyone, I really do think that their gate is really cheap. Their cheapest is the $188 wrought iron gate, only 1 design, 1 color (cnnot choose). But if you want to choose from 24 design and various colors, the gate is only $250. Which after asking around, is still the cheapest. However, like dexufto warned, you pay peanuts, be prepared to to get monkeys :P So i think i better spray more lacquer over the paint or get my painter to help paint another layer over the gate.

Exciting Wednesday

Yesterday was one of the most exciting day. It's the accessories delivery day :D The wash basins for both kitchen and toilet, joven 25L storage heater and importantly my "ah tas" looking toilet bowls. BTW, I am tasked to take charge of the toilet by my wife because she thinks I **** a lot (full of ****). So it is important I choose myself a comfortable toilet bowl. Hehehehe....

In addition, I self collected the lightings from Lightings.com.sg (cause want to save abit of money) and my hansgrohe taps (OMG, they are sooooo beautiful) :D Pictures below......

5080771663_44d0eb9bf7.jpg

Lightings from Lightings.com.sg

5081368100_5fb9d862d3.jpg

Hansgrohe taps and Joven 25L storage tank

5080776787_71f568cf04.jpg

Velin toilet bowl for Master Bath

5080784391_f01b570c5e.jpg

Unassembled Clayton for Common Bath

5081375492_93e119d57d.jpg

Fitted Hansgrohe shower set

After looking at all the discussion with regard to sound systems. I decided to check out some sound systems from courts (AMK). While looking at the sound systems, I found this entry level ONKYO HT-S330 selling @ $959. It comes with 4 speakers, 1 sub-woofer and 1 amp. The salesman, I think is Rosman, seem to know a lot about sound systems, highly recommended this set. See picture below.

5081372882_03f3d59ca0.jpg

I thought for the price and the brand (pardon me, dont know how to see the specification :S), this set seem quite reasonable. Any bros or sis able to advise?

After looking at all the discussion with regard to sound systems. I decided to check out some sound systems from courts (AMK). While looking at the sound systems, I found this entry level ONKYO HT-S330 selling @ $959. It comes with 4 speakers, 1 sub-woofer and 1 amp. The salesman, I think is Rosman, seem to know a lot about sound systems, highly recommended this set. See picture below.

5081372882_03f3d59ca0.jpg

I thought for the price and the brand (pardon me, dont know how to see the specification :S), this set seem quite reasonable. Any bros or sis able to advise?

4 speakers only????? What happened to the center speaker?

cheers

heh heh, just so happen that I was eyeing on this particular wrought iron too, there's only one company with $188 at AMK, so that must be it.

I learnt about this when some forumers complained, gimz had previously reviewed this gate :)

Waaa... dexufto, you are power leh. I never mention the name of the company, yet you know.. :D You must have loads of info. I dont know about their quality yet, however with your advise, I will take note.

speaking of speakers, a month ago, Best Denki Bishan was clearing some stocks due to renovation.

Saw some pretty decent Onkyo. You might wanna give it a call to see if the model you want is available.

heh heh, just so happen that I was eyeing on this particular wrought iron too, there's only one company with $188 at AMK, so that must be it.

I learnt about this when some forumers complained, gimz had previously reviewed this gate :)

speaking of speakers, a month ago, Best Denki Bishan was clearing some stocks due to renovation.

Saw some pretty decent Onkyo. You might wanna give it a call to see if the model you want is available.

my toilet tiles are lay vertically, urs is horizontally :)

i only heard that some tiles which are lay horizontally will make the bathroom smaller but i think our tiles is ok.

btw i also got my main gate from amk ind park, i went to source myself but it was rather exp, 1k+

4 speakers only????? What happened to the center speaker?

cheers

Huh?? this set got centre speakers?? Rosman only told me about 4 (speakers) + 1 (sub-woofer) + 1 (amp). He never tell me about the centre speakers leh. Is it because they give only 4 speakers thats why it is cheaper?

Dexufto, thanks for the good lobang. I think I can go there to see see look look this weekend since it is nearby amk.. Hope they still clearing... hahahaha, the best can clear TV, washing machine, microwave, etc etc....

Mystery! mystery! mystery!

Went over to my house over the weekend to check on the progress. Finally all the tiling for the floor and the walls are done. Happy. While inspecting, suddenly saw this yellowish looking "oil" droplets on the ceiling of my guest room. See the attachment.

5056794123_a9f053945d.jpg

Ask the contractor if the tilers accidentally applied anything on the ceiling, he said 'no'. Then went upstairs to try figure out if the neighbours let oil sip into the floor, but the room above seem quite normal (never knock on their door, just peep from outside).

So now my wife and I are wondering what are these droplets of "oil" and where did they come from? Especially if there are any sipage from the floor above, there should be an obvious oil stain on the ceiling, but there is none.... hmmm...... headache....

Anyone experience something like that before?

Mystery "Oil" Stain solved

Haha.... Finally after weeks of brain cracking, investigator edward finally sovled the mystery "oil" stain problem. Now my wife no need worried about them :D

The aircon man came over to my house this morning. I was there to discuss with them the way to run the air con trunkings. Afterwhich, I went out to tabao drinks for the aircon man (must be nice to them, then they do nice nice... hehe...). When I came back, I found my old aircon lying at one corner of the living room, and on the floor, I discovered the same "oil" stains. So curiously, I asked the aircon man what is that on the floor. He replied," its the fluid from the old aircon pipes." Then I flashed my "oil" stain photo from my samsung galaxy s and asked if it is possible for the oil to stain the ceiling when the old air con trunking is removed. He replied yes and went on to explain that when the pipe is cut, the pressure in the pipe forces the fluid out, so the fluid splashed onto the ceiling.

Viola, and there goes the curious case of the "oil" stains.

Huh?? this set got centre speakers?? Rosman only told me about 4 (speakers) + 1 (sub-woofer) + 1 (amp). He never tell me about the centre speakers leh. Is it because they give only 4 speakers thats why it is cheaper?

I tink this Rosman chap is trying to pull a fast one.

There's no such thing as a 4.1 HTS system. Ive also done u a favor by checking out this model though I would advise against, its

suppose to be a 5.1 set. meaning it shld consist of 5 speakers, 1 subwoofer & 1 receiver.

Do take note Jamo sub is crappy so my advise is to stick to the Onkyo sub.

At all cost, avoid buying a HTS from best denki or Courts or HN.

cheers

I tink this Rosman chap is trying to pull a fast one.

There's no such thing as a 4.1 HTS system. Ive also done u a favor by checking out this model though I would advise against, its

suppose to be a 5.1 set. meaning it shld consist of 5 speakers, 1 subwoofer & 1 receiver.

Do take note Jamo sub is crappy so my advise is to stick to the Onkyo sub.

At all cost, avoid buying a HTS from best denki or Courts or HN.

cheers

vicenzo, thanks for helping me check this out. I initially thought 5.1 means 4 speakers with 1 sub woofer. Luckily u advised me. Think i better do even more research before jumping into it.

Since i was only on half day leave yesterday, i went to the house to check on the aircon installation done yesterday. Haizz.... The bad thing about hdb, everything cannot conceal. So many chunky pipes running around the mbr n common br. No choice lar... Hdb dweller, have to accept these limitations. Today nv bring camera. Tomr will go back to take photo.