Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaydenmom

Any Feedback On Vhive & Ikea Wardrobes?

Hi,

Anyone who has used VHIVE or IKEA wardrobes before? Care to comment on the quality? The VHIVE ones are supposed to be made in Germany & Belgium & Denmark...

Thanks for your comment.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

Anyone who has used VHIVE or IKEA wardrobes before? Care to comment on the quality? The VHIVE ones are supposed to be made in Germany & Belgium & Denmark...

Thanks for your comment.

Hi Jaydenmom,

i am currently using Ikea Wardrobes and other items for my room when i got married last yr. There are pros and cons.

Pros:

* U can design the layout of interior of the wardrobe to your needs

* Choose the door design u like (i chose those open type rather than sliding)

* Ikea has those planners that can help u to configure the layout and rightaway gives u a quotation based on your design. So u can consider and make a decision even on another day. Just need to come back with the printed quotation and plan to confirm.

* Ikea being a reliable company

* As i bought many items, i had them delivered and also for them to set up everything. they delivered on the date as stipulated. They sent 3 workers to do to assembling. Even though they are very fast, they still took almost 3hrs as i had many items.

* So far the wardrobe is not giving me trouble. except the Chest of 6 drawers under the Malm series. Cannot put heavy stuff else the board will give way.

* affordable. the price shd be more or less comparable or even cheaper than tailor made carpentry. i think i paid abt 1300 or so for my 3 door wardrobe, think its 1.5m.

Cons:

* Heard that it is not possible to dismantle and re-assemble at another location when u need to move house. I mean u can dismantle, but the wood will give way with all the unscrewing and re-screwing. They used mainly plywood and thus, not able to take this kind of treatment. but so long if u intend to use for some time w/o moving it around, it shd be ok. I am moving out fm my parent place soon and thus, will not bring the ikea wardrobe along.

hope this helps. Not tried Vhive b4, but went to their shops b4, the design do not enticed u to buy. haha..

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.

Ikea wardrobe - got both good and bad comments. the one at my previous home was with me for 8 yrs with no issues. I guess it depends very much on how you use it... ;)

* Heard that it is not possible to dismantle and re-assemble at another location when u need to move house. I mean u can dismantle, but the wood will give way with all the unscrewing and re-screwing. They used mainly plywood and thus, not able to take this kind of treatment. but so long if u intend to use for some time w/o moving it around, it shd be ok. I am moving out fm my parent place soon and thus, will not bring the ikea wardrobe along.

You can check out another thread on Ikea, some pple mentioned they dismantled and re-assembled their Ikea wardrobes at new home with no prob.... :unsure:

My sis in law use Ikea wardrobe. I heard she hang alot of clothings and the bar in the wardrobe collapsed after 4 years. I think it is okay if you don't hang too much.

My sis in law use Ikea wardrobe. I heard she hang alot of clothings and the bar in the wardrobe collapsed after 4 years. I think it is okay if you don't hang too much.

I used to have an ikea BED. And just after 1 year, the laminate started to peel off! That was the last time I bought ikea. I guess if you're cost conscious, ikea is an option. But if you're looking for quality or long-lasting furniture, I wouldn't recommend ikea.

Me too..

I've got Ikea office Table ($600ish), bookshelves($100-200ish), wardrobe($600ish)... bought in 2005.

Barely 3 years into it, all the backboards of the bookshelves and wardrobe loosen.. and you can take your clothes or books from the back..keke..

the bookshelves... curved down on the load of books (uh..it's a book shelves..so i put books)...

The office table.. laminate peel off...

One of the smaller bookshelves is wobbly now.. and you can move it.. if not..it will fall apart..

all in all.. i think those furniture my parents bought from the neighbourhood furniture shops last more than 5 years on average.

So nowadays, i just go for real furniture instead of ikea. Ikea is nice to look at.. not nice to use. maybe it's just me being rough with the ikea furniture.. i dunno...

Edited by wj888