Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icnt

Home Lighting

thanks, i think i will insist on what i like, caused at first, we like sort of respect their point of view and design concept but after much discussion, I dont quite like their ideas and suggest mine. ok.. I will insist on what i really want.

Nice weekend.

yeap u are the one that is going to look at it everyday not them

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i think that people that is on budget should not spend so much money on so much light in the ceiling cuz the money can be spend on buying better and nicer looking furniture , what the point of having so much light and they shine on the cheap looking furniture that u get cuz of tight budget , when people visit your place they mostly look at the furniture and decor u had , u think they are more impress with how many led light or cove light u have or the nice sofa or dinning set u got

i think that people that is on budget should not spend so much money on so much light in the ceiling cuz the money can be spend on buying better and nicer looking furniture , what the point of having so much light and they shine on the cheap looking furniture that u get cuz of tight budget , when people visit your place they mostly look at the furniture and decor u had , u think they are more impress with how many led light or cove light u have or the nice sofa or dinning set u got

Hi,

I think not true! We still can buy some nice lights on our budget, only way is dont follow the ID or Contactor go lighting shop, last time my contactor told me Lighting's shop will cover them 5 - 10%, Designer 15% and some come up to 30%.. :furious:

what i mean is not to spend so much money on having so much light in living room or bedroom that is shining on unnecessary places like on corner of the ceiling or on a wall that doesnt have anything nice to shine on , the money can be spend on lighting or decor or furniture with the WOW factor.but id do love to design fancy lighting point all over the ceiling and shine here and shine there so is owner decision of what is necessary when on budget

Edited by rayfox

what i mean is not to spend so much money on having so much light in living room or bedroom that is shining on unnecessary places like on corner of the ceiling or on a wall that doesnt have anything nice to shine on , the money can be spend on lighting or decor or furniture with the WOW factor.but id do love to design fancy lighting point all over the ceiling and shine here and shine there so is owner decision of what is necessary when on budget

Thanks! I got your point! :)

But what I mean is buy the lights yourself may be can save from 10 - 40% for the same lights you want then use the saved $$ to buy better furniture like what you said. not the QTY of lights even just one crystal chandelier can save $300+ to buy a coffee table la. :)

Thanks! I got your point! :)

But what I mean is buy the lights yourself may be can save from 10 - 40% for the same lights you want then use the saved $$ to buy better furniture like what you said. not the QTY of lights even just one crystal chandelier can save $300+ to buy a coffee table la. :)

yep never ever go to the lighting shop that the id bring or recommend u , if u wanna their advise just choose the one u like and bring them there to see and if they say not so good maybe we should go this and that shop to see just go and see and think about it but dont let them misled u

anyway is good to window shop for light even before u get the key so u know waht in the market and after u see so much light u can hv time to absorb the design and think about it , a lot of owner tend to rush and buy light in a few days or few week cuz of renovation and everything in the lighting shop is impressive cuz it something new than the normal clothes shopping that they do and they tend to regretted buying something cuz it doesnt go well with the design in the house or end up buying something that is so common and boring

so the more u shop and look around the more design knowledge and taste u have and u will have the better chance of getting something nice

Edited by rayfox

yep never ever go to the lighting shop that the id bring or recommend u , if u wanna their advise just choose the one u like and bring them there to see and if they say not so good maybe we should go this and that shop to see just go and see and think about it but dont let them misled u

anyway is good to window shop for light even before u get the key so u know waht in the market and after u see so much light u can hv time to absorb the design and think about it , a lot of owner tend to rush and buy light in a few days or few week cuz of renovation and everything in the lighting shop is impressive cuz it something new than the normal clothes shopping that they do and they tend to regretted buying something cuz it doesnt go well with the design in the house or end up buying something that is so common and boring

so the more u shop and look around the more design knowledge and taste u have and u will have the better chance of getting something nice

Hi rayfox,

Yes are right! never ever go to the lighting shop that the id bring or recommend u .. :dancingqueen:

Why ID always like that one, everything also want to make money!! renovation they want to make, furniture they want to make, lighting they also want to make. dont know one house can make how much extra pocket money? or how much house owner money go to their pocket? some time also not their design, copy here and there one I think. Just take your designer free can liao, why have to make extra? No Good la..

Why ID always like that one, everything also want to make money!! renovation they want to make, furniture they want to make, lighting they also want to make. dont know one house can make how much extra pocket money? or how much house owner money go to their pocket? some time also not their design, copy here and there one I think. Just take your designer free can liao, why have to make extra? No Good la..

agreed, my personal experience when i come to lights section, lucky i have insisted on what i want and save some money for furniture. :)

i went with my ID for the lighting/bathroom/kitchen items..quoted 3.5k for everything.

I went searching myself, with lots more choices and design, got it all at $2.4k only.

:D

I am not against the IDs, just dont understand why they need to tie-up with hardware /lighting shops to make extry $$$, not professional at all... How can be trusted like that? 30% more of the price? :(

Hi, now I understand why? When my ID brought me the to JOO Chiat Place Lighting shop to show to me what light have to buy, he insist on buy from the shop beside lucky koon, I told him there have another lighting shop near by but he said that are new shop their lights all from China, waste electricity(???), their lights can not coordinate with his design and so on , If buy from there he will not guarantee my house design look good. So we listen to him and buy all the lights there, spent so much money, now I felt get cheated by the ID and the lighting shop. :(

Hi, now I understand why? When my ID brought me the to JOO Chiat Place Lighting shop to show to me what light have to buy, he insist on buy from the shop beside lucky koon, I told him there have another lighting shop near by but he said that are new shop their lights all from China, waste electricity(???), their lights can not coordinate with his design and so on , If buy from there he will not guarantee my house design look good. So we listen to him and buy all the lights there, spent so much money, now I felt get cheated by the ID and the lighting shop. :(

Hi, never mind la, spent money learn a lesson! next new house buy lights yourself! I felt lucky no ID involve ! (cannot afford :D )Tell your ID down a day most lights are from China, waste electricity are the bulbs not the light's fitting. :D hehe

2 months of light shopping, learn abit liao.. :horse: My wife also know this.. How can ID didnt know.. :D