Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icnt

Home Lighting

Brilliant source is brilliant!!! :) They help to order lighting from the US that I couldnt get in Sg. Rates are very affordable and they fly the lights to Sg within 3 weeks. Other places told me to wait 3 months??!!?

Quah himself helps with installation! He's really super patient and nice. There was a couple who wanted to go back to the shop after dinner....Quah said that he'll wait till 10pm for them! Wow! That's good service. Sure hope they went back to him though.

I emailed him the items I wanted around midnight and he gave me a quote the VERY next morning (within 12 hours)....I went down to the shop to make a deposit and he said that he'll check with his US agent whether all 6 items I wanted were available. He called the US and replied to me within 2 hours, though it was 10pm by then! Man, should have gotten ALL my lighting from them!! :)

Very very satisfied with their service. Also able to convert my lights that I bought in the US so that I can still use them in Sg.

Went to a few lighting shops and the service here is really the best. Felt he's honest and won't rip me off. That to me is IMPORTANT and the deal clincher.

Summary of the shops I went to

Extreme lighting: Very ah beng. Not very forthcoming and insisted that ALL LEDS are only from China. Hellooooo, he was trying to smoke my hubby who works with LEDs, and other shops offered us better Japanese brand lightings....Rates not that much cheaper than others too. Guess it would be cheaper as stuff are from China.

Lights and Lights: Superb service from a young chap called Mountain. Able to bargain down 10-20%. Guy who delivered the lights made sure to check out our light sockets to ensure the lights we bought would fit. Boss here also seems nice and not the try to pian4 lang3 type. Bought Japanese made LEDs compared to Chinese made LEDs from Lights and Lights instead of Extreme lighting. Paid a small premium but I would rather have better quality LED than China LEDs.

Lumiere: Got kitchen lights from them. Good service from Steven Chew. Nice helpful dude. Seems honest. Can bargain down about 15-20%.

Sembawang Lighting: Parking was ****! Otherwise the range was ok ok only. Didnt buy anything from them.

Lighting Centre: Decided on Schonbek chandeliers. Need to bargain though.

Bright House: LOUSY service!!! Went down, checked out some lights but had some questions. Sales person said will call back with quote but never did...wait and wait for nothing. Prices also VERY high....Brilliant source charged us HALF of what Bright House quoted us!!! WILL NEVER GO THERE! Mom unknowingly bought from them and paid 1.5x the price for ceiling fans...$400+ when elsewhere only $300!. SUX

Hey guys, hope this helps! :)

Cheers,

Serapheve

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Review of the shops I bought & checked out

Brilliant Source: Found this shop through recommendations here. Offers the cheapest T5 & Downlights among all other shops I visited. Mr Quah is really a nice guy, he offered free installation & even for those lights purchased from other shops. Delivered the stuff personally & punctually. He told us that he even helped his client in the evening when her house electricity tripped (not coz of his lights) & she couldn't find anybody else. Also offered to source dining lights for us but told us honestly that we should buy from other shops if we find a good deal. However, cons are the limited variety of lights offered & he gave us the wrong interconnecting cables (my electrician managed to work around it though). Still, I would strongly recommend him for his prices & sincere attitude. He does't charge GST too, abosrbing them himself instead.

Lights Station (Jalan Besar): Purchased my dining light here. Michelle (salesperson) was a friendly lady who recommended based on our budget. Though manager din look friendly, he was pretty helpful when it turns out the dining light we wanted could arrive only in Apr. He offered to loan us another light FOC till our desired light arrived but in the end, we purchased another light (he voluntarily reduced the price) coz I din wan to wait till Apr.

Lightings.com.sg: Difference service offered at various outlets. However service is akin to service at big brand electrical shops which didn't appeal to me

Budget Lighting (Jalan Besar): Saw a light I liked & at an acceptable price but when I returned, the promo has ended & price reverted back to normal. Staff could not give discount & hence I dropped the purchase. Average service & prices.

Lights Boutique: Friendly guy serving us. However, his lights bulbs were house brands which I didn't fancy. Prices are alright too.

A&S (near Brilliant Source): Wide variety of lights. However prices lean towards the expensive end.

hmms no one buys from lightings . com . sg at jalan besar there? went there and was served by a guy called woon and his service was good. explained to us the different lightings and stuffs cos was quite noob.

assisted me all the way in helping to select all the lights for my house, ended up spending few hrs to look ard but i dint buy la and he was still in smiles.

im definitely kiv-ing them cos so far i only went 2 lighting shops, one which my id brought me there but in advance he already told me that the shop will cover him so the price will be marked up.. lol. but i think its an open secret.. but kinda heart pain to see so many customers there with their id which means still alot being carroted... or either they wan the convenience of not running ard the whole island to source jus for the hundreds of discount.

think i'll pop by the brilliant lightings at joo chiat, do they sell downlights as well?

i dint knw that for downlights, the one that comes with ballast if the ballast spoil, gotta remove the whole thing to change cos its hidden behind.. zzzzzz

the lighting shop that my id brought me there dint say at all..

hmms no one buys from lightings . com . sg at jalan besar there? went there and was served by a guy called woon and his service was good. explained to us the different lightings and stuffs cos was quite noob.

assisted me all the way in helping to select all the lights for my house, ended up spending few hrs to look ard but i dint buy la and he was still in smiles.

im definitely kiv-ing them cos so far i only went 2 lighting shops, one which my id brought me there but in advance he already told me that the shop will cover him so the price will be marked up.. lol. but i think its an open secret.. but kinda heart pain to see so many customers there with their id which means still alot being carroted... or either they wan the convenience of not running ard the whole island to source jus for the hundreds of discount.

think i'll pop by the brilliant lightings at joo chiat, do they sell downlights as well?

i dint knw that for downlights, the one that comes with ballast if the ballast spoil, gotta remove the whole thing to change cos its hidden behind.. zzzzzz

the lighting shop that my id brought me there dint say at all..

Wow, its about a year already we bought our lightings from Brilliant Source, it all works well since last CNY. Also notice that they are selling US lights too, our forumer has commented its faster then others lighting shop and reasonable price !! think will buy one for my in law present. :)

Last Day of CNY, Happy Lunar New Year to All... :yamseng:

Review of the shops I bought & checked out

Brilliant Source: Found this shop through recommendations here. Offers the cheapest T5 & Downlights among all other shops I visited. Mr Quah is really a nice guy, he offered free installation & even for those lights purchased from other shops. Delivered the stuff personally & punctually. He told us that he even helped his client in the evening when her house electricity tripped (not coz of his lights) & she couldn't find anybody else. Also offered to source dining lights for us but told us honestly that we should buy from other shops if we find a good deal. However, cons are the limited variety of lights offered & he gave us the wrong interconnecting cables (my electrician managed to work around it though). Still, I would strongly recommend him for his prices & sincere attitude. He does't charge GST too, abosrbing them himself instead.

Lights Station (Jalan Besar): Purchased my dining light here. Michelle (salesperson) was a friendly lady who recommended based on our budget. Though manager din look friendly, he was pretty helpful when it turns out the dining light we wanted could arrive only in Apr. He offered to loan us another light FOC till our desired light arrived but in the end, we purchased another light (he voluntarily reduced the price) coz I din wan to wait till Apr.

Lightings.com.sg: Difference service offered at various outlets. However service is akin to service at big brand electrical shops which didn't appeal to me

Budget Lighting (Jalan Besar): Saw a light I liked & at an acceptable price but when I returned, the promo has ended & price reverted back to normal. Staff could not give discount & hence I dropped the purchase. Average service & prices.

Lights Boutique: Friendly guy serving us. However, his lights bulbs were house brands which I didn't fancy. Prices are alright too.

A&S (near Brilliant Source): Wide variety of lights. However prices lean towards the expensive end.

Hi,

I am new here, my house using 18 nos 3w LED down light about 9 months ago bought from Balestier Road one of lighting shop, now we have about 5 nos spoiled, changed new driver no light too, went back to that shop told that no warranty and no more same downlight and cant repair, have to change new set.

Any one know that any lighting shop can repair the LED light ? Asked so many shop and no one say LED can repair.

Thanks

Hello Community,

Home lighting & accessories is the definitive magazine for lighting professionals. For more than 80 years, retailers, distributors, manufacturers, reps, designers, and architects have relied on us to deliver the latest in decorative, residential lighting, style trends, and technology. Create a beautiful and welcoming home with fine decor and furnishings from Bellacor. Bellacor offers a wide variety of home decorations in traditional, contemporary, mission, and transitional styles. From replica masterpieces from our wall art selection to stunning center piece candelabras, we carry a large online selection from today's most sought out brands. Dress up your walls with beautifully crafted mirrors in a variety of shapes, sizes, and finishes.

Best Regards,

Matin John :)

Hello Community,

Home lighting & accessories is the definitive magazine for lighting professionals. For more than 80 years, retailers, distributors, manufacturers, reps, designers, and architects have relied on us to deliver the latest in decorative, residential lighting, style trends, and technology. Create a beautiful and welcoming home with fine decor and furnishings from Bellacor. Bellacor offers a wide variety of home decorations in traditional, contemporary, mission, and transitional styles. From replica masterpieces from our wall art selection to stunning center piece candelabras, we carry a large online selection from today's most sought out brands. Dress up your walls with beautifully crafted mirrors in a variety of shapes, sizes, and finishes.

Best Regards,

Matin John :)

Advertising time!! I like it.. :dancingqueen:

Hi,

I am new here, my house using 18 nos 3w LED down light about 9 months ago bought from Balestier Road one of lighting shop, now we have about 5 nos spoiled, changed new driver no light too, went back to that shop told that no warranty and no more same downlight and cant repair, have to change new set.

Any one know that any lighting shop can repair the LED light ? Asked so many shop and no one say LED can repair.

Thanks

Hi,

I help you asked so many of my lighting shop friends, most of them said that cannot repair, they are not factory, you have to change new one. I can PM you my friend shop get discount. :rolleyes:

Hi,

Thanks

Hi Suria,

can try brilliant source at joo chiat place, one of my friend said they can repair LED, my friend just got repaired not long ago.

Hi Suria,

can try brilliant source at joo chiat place, one of my friend said they can repair LED, my friend just got repaired not long ago.

Hi Kayden, Thanks for your help!

I went to brilliant source with one of my spoiled LED downlight last night, the boss Mr Quah repaired and made it work within 10 mins.

I told him still got 4 at home, he siad no problem. next week I will bring all spoiled LED to him again. Repair cost: very very reasonable!

Thanks again Kayden, I must share it with every body and those people who said LED can never be repaired.

Hi,anyone buy lighting from the ligthing shop at TRADEHUB21? I saw them on the website and they even state their price there! seem very cheap and their have a few outlets too the website is www.lightings.com.sg I very new with reno staff dunno how to see it is a good deal or not..

Please anyone see their website le can give me some comment ma?? Tks!!!

Hi,anyone buy lighting from the ligthing shop at TRADEHUB21? I saw them on the website and they even state their price there! seem very cheap and their have a few outlets too the website is www.lightings.com.sg I very new with reno staff dunno how to see it is a good deal or not..

Please anyone see their website le can give me some comment ma?? Tks!!!

lightings.com advertisements ??

you know their lights are very cheap and they have a few outlets you still dont know it is a good deal or not?? no comment la..