Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icnt

Home Lighting

Guest ChynChwen

I ordered my lights from Light Station @ Jalan Besar last week. Today they suppose to deliver my lights including 6 warm white, 6 day light LED etc.

I called the shop yesterday to double check with them my stuff because my ID has arranged the guy to do the installation to me. I want to prevent any problem upfront that's y i called yesterday..

I was so angry that today they delivered short of 4 day light LED and one of my ceiling light got flaw !!!

I called and ask and the guy and he started giving me excuse ... is the warehouse guy fault and he cannot double check the packing coz the guy is his manager... :curse:8|

is sounds to me is not his responsibility and do I need to co-ordinate between them ??? I am the customer my God...

and lastly he said I can go down to the shop - Home of Lights @ Balestier to do the collection and exchange the flaw light if I want it today... ...

2 ways to the shop from CCK to Balestier can cost me a LED light bulb already... fine... I still decided to go.

when I go down and the attitude of the guy from Home of Lights Ballestier sucks either, they don't even say sorry or anything, I was told by them they are the one who do the packing and made the mistake.

and they told me they don't have the stock for the light got flaw in the shop but is all in WAREHOUSE and refuse to go and collect out for me... :curse:

so at last I only got my 4 LED cool light and come back... and they arrange ppl go comes for 1 to 1 replacement on Saturday.... let's see if they screw up again or not...

20130101124215.jpg

20130101124154.jpg

My friend had bad experience with Home of Lights before, I was unlucky that Light Station from Jalan besar is link to them as well...

I would not recommend whoever to shop for their lights in these 2 shops... :furious: and don't be stupid doing FULL payment upfront like me... :bow:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I ordered my lights from Light Station @ Jalan Besar last week. Today they suppose to deliver my lights including 6 warm white, 6 day light LED etc.

I called the shop yesterday to double check with them my stuff because my ID has arranged the guy to do the installation to me. I want to prevent any problem upfront that's y i called yesterday..

I was so angry that today they delivered short of 4 day light LED and one of my ceiling light got flaw !!!

I called and ask and the guy and he started giving me excuse ... is the warehouse guy fault and he cannot double check the packing coz the guy is his manager... :curse:8|

is sounds to me is not his responsibility and do I need to co-ordinate between them ??? I am the customer my God...

and lastly he said I can go down to the shop - Home of Lights @ Balestier to do the collection and exchange the flaw light if I want it today... ...

2 ways to the shop from CCK to Balestier can cost me a LED light bulb already... fine... I still decided to go.

when I go down and the attitude of the guy from Home of Lights Ballestier sucks either, they don't even say sorry or anything, I was told by them they are the one who do the packing and made the mistake.

and they told me they don't have the stock for the light got flaw in the shop but is all in WAREHOUSE and refuse to go and collect out for me... :curse:

so at last I only got my 4 LED cool light and come back... and they arrange ppl go comes for 1 to 1 replacement on Saturday.... let's see if they screw up again or not...

20130101124215.jpg

20130101124154.jpg

My friend had bad experience with Home of Lights before, I was unlucky that Light Station from Jalan besar is link to them as well...

I would not recommend whoever to shop for their lights in these 2 shops... :furious: and don't be stupid doing FULL payment upfront like me... :bow:

I think this is normal way for the lighting shop doing business in Singapore, you don't make payment, they will not send the lights.. do not angry, forgive them la...

Buy lighting let you designer go along with you, sure no problem. :sport-smiley-018:

hmms no one buys from lightings . com . sg at jalan besar there? went there and was served by a guy called woon and his service was good. explained to us the different lightings and stuffs cos was quite noob.

assisted me all the way in helping to select all the lights for my house, ended up spending few hrs to look ard but i dint buy la and he was still in smiles.

im definitely kiv-ing them cos so far i only went 2 lighting shops, one which my id brought me there but in advance he already told me that the shop will cover him so the price will be marked up.. lol. but i think its an open secret.. but kinda heart pain to see so many customers there with their id which means still alot being carroted... or either they wan the convenience of not running ard the whole island to source jus for the hundreds of discount.

think i'll pop by the brilliant lightings at joo chiat, do they sell downlights as well?

i dint knw that for downlights, the one that comes with ballast if the ballast spoil, gotta remove the whole thing to change cos its hidden behind.. zzzzzz

the lighting shop that my id brought me there dint say at all..

One of my house owner asked me why Philips down lights from lightings.com.sg the model can’t find in Philips web site and only show in taobao.com? Anyone know?

One of my house owner asked me why Philips down lights from lightings.com.sg the model can’t find in Philips web site and only show in taobao.com? Anyone know?

think philips did not bring in the downlights. the downlights that they are offering i think is brought in from China or hongkong. U search philips website in hongkong they will list the downlights.

anyone bought lamps from likelights?

wanted to get this lamp for dining area.

483512_455239731179798_1602200301_n.jpg

saw in a francfranc vivo at $690 while they re selling at only $290. anyone seen the quality?

Edited by dr.tran

think philips did not bring in the downlights. the downlights that they are offering i think is brought in from China or hongkong. U search philips website in hongkong they will list the downlights.

Oh, Thanks

Philips has a reseller in ShenZhen. If you know someone from HK, can import in. Price is much cheaper even after freight from SZ-HK-SG.

Bought some E27 dimmer sets and found the price + freight still cheaper than Philips's last roadshow.

But don't get Philips's LED downlight. Firstly, they dont come in square frame. Then, i found that their drivers are build-in!

Anyone know where i can get good price for down-light (PLC/LED)? For LED, prefer they use HEP drivers. Need around 50 units.

i got my lamp and had it installed. Quality is not bad and here are my photos.

398012_477631982273906_1704388257_n.jpg

love the wires reflection after it lights up. my ceiling looks more interesting.

379196_477631988940572_1925521720_n.jpg

Now im looking for this kind of bulbs, any recommedations?

i've also ask Likelights but they don't seems to have them at the moment.

Last saw it on Kwerkee by it was like $40 each... any lobang?

it normal retro type of bulb with alot of decoration curls of the tungsten inside.

saw this in a cafe at henry park.

Full-set-Bulbs-flat.jpg

Edited by dr.tran

Shucks.. I just read a facebook post that these vintage bulbs are to be banned and phase out.

316907_478615922175512_1860825839_n.png

detail article

Edited by dr.tran

Guest ChynChwen

After the installation the light bulb exploded !! and I called and screwed them another round...

Lights Station @ Jalan Besar sucks... :furious:

visited Illumiz at Joo Chiat on the weekend. They offer only modern contemp lightings. Pretty cheap for the same lighting as compare to Balestier lighting shops. Has anyone used them before? Mine only a 3 room flat. So, i wanna save some cost on lightings which can be pretty damaging to budget.

visited Illumiz at Joo Chiat on the weekend. They offer only modern contemp lightings. Pretty cheap for the same lighting as compare to Balestier lighting shops. Has anyone used them before? Mine only a 3 room flat. So, i wanna save some cost on lightings which can be pretty damaging to budget.

Yes! Please visit Illumiz and A & S Lighting for one stop light's shopping at Joo Chiat. Balestier please go LC lighting.

Don't forget to go lighting.com.sg for Philips downlights too.

Edited by ID88

love the wires reflection after it lights up. my ceiling looks more interesting.

it normal retro type of bulb with alot of decoration curls of the tungsten inside.

Full-set-Bulbs-flat.jpg

Hi,

I went to illumiz @ joo chiat also and they have these bulbs on display. Not sure if they are selling them. You can try them out. They have a website also.

Full-set-Bulbs-flat.jpg

Hi Dr Tran, can you advise me how you got your lamp. I tried to contact Likelights but there is no response.. Pls help. Also how much did you got it?

Hi Dr Tran, can you advise me how you got your lamp. I tried to contact Likelights but there is no response.. Pls help. Also how much did you got it?

maybe u can call 96984977 for the warehousing guy. i paid around $400+/-

was quite a deal, cos i saw this at FrancFranc selling at $699 and the wires are cheap looking.

Edited by dr.tran