Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fireman231

Fengshui 101

Dear all,

I just received my house key early this month and currently very occupied with renovation ideas/design and fengshui consideration of the layout plan. There are too many things to worry about. I guess it would be good to have such a topic for other new couples like myself who just own a new house and has yet to do anything concrete. Research on new areas is very important before you make a decision that you regret...

Any useful or common Fengshui tips that can shared on this thread? Pls share freely ya... =)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

There are far too many considerations to make where FS is concerned.

Additionally, there's a saying that goes "one man's meat is another's poison". As such, what works for one might not for another. It is also not advisable to use a trial & error method through applying methods based on FS books. There's a danger becox what's written doesn't apply to everybody as all have different bazi.

If FS is of great concern to yourself & family members, then it's advisable to engage a professional to audit ur premises.

Dear all,

I just received my house key early this month and currently very occupied with renovation ideas/design and fengshui consideration of the layout plan. There are too many things to worry about. I guess it would be good to have such a topic for other new couples like myself who just own a new house and has yet to do anything concrete. Research on new areas is very important before you make a decision that you regret...

Any useful or common Fengshui tips that can shared on this thread? Pls share freely ya... =)

Comments:

1. One's already determined the macro-level FS for oneself by choosing the unit himself.

2. So, am I right to say, owners(fs believers) who choose residential unit themselves are "fsms" to some extent?

3. Macro is more important that micro.

4. Why bother to engage fsms to improve micro when macro has been determined by oneself?

5. Imagine yourself were a full-time fsm, would you be "happy" to be invite to "look at" "micro" only?

6. If believe fs so much as to residential vs destiny, why do thing the other way round?

Good for ones to have some common macro-level fs principles when come to residential:

1. Left Dragon, right Tiger, back Tortoise, front Bird.

2. Dragon to be "taller" than tiger.

3. River/water road surround house.

4. No hospital neaby ?

5. No cementry grave near by? "Historical cementry grave" like Bishan ?

6. No "giant bridge" neaby?

7. No "giant expressways" near by?

8. No building with "sharp" "tall" anntenna nearby?

9. No "blue color" roof top?

10. Dragon Qi surrounding/retention/diverting

Edited by bepgof

Threadstarter, please engage a professional fsm. fsm has years of practise and experiences

This is not a DIY thing or read from books things, unless u are super passionate about fs

Hey folks,

I would also like to take this opportunity to share with u how my DIY experience with FS lead to quite disastrous results.

Example 1: Bed placed against the wall, with a row of windows right infront. Read this off a FS book that says bed post must be placed against a solid wall. And bed must face nice scenary.

DIY Outcome: I got very very ill even though it didn't affect my hubby. One day while at work, I thought that I was going to get stroke becox my right shoulder, arm & fingers couldn't move, with a numbing sensation.

Rectification: When my FSM stepped into our bedroom, he told me that my bed position was wrong & the partner sleeping on the bed with a "lighter" bazi will suffer from nerve issue & needs to operate by drilling a hole under the armpits to tighten the nerve there. But the condition will relapse after sometime. He said that it happened to many of his clients here in Singapore. Told me to cancel my surgery appt if I hv one.

If placed against the walls on either side of where my bed was originally placed, then both partners (regardless) of bazi, will suffer from the same medical condition.

Verdict: Cured within 3 days.

(note: I always thought that it's a taboo to sleep with legs facing the windows directly. But it's not true. Some of TKY's clients were told to sleep with that facing. And until now still ok, no issue. So I think it really depends on individuals)

continued:

Example 2:

Use a few compasses to assess direction of facing for another bedroom, then, painted the so-called ideal colour based on what the book recommended.

DIY Outcome: I experienced a blood-chilling sensation every night (felt worse esp during midnite or past midnite) when I looked into the bedroom from the ailse leading to master bedroom. Prior to the painting, there were no such sensations. The previous owner's colour for that room's wall was lily white. We even slept in that room for a period of time before our king sized bed arrived but no such issues before that. We also didn't suspect that it had anything to do with the colour.

Rectification: We didn't tell the FSM anything. He stepped into the room & exclaimed that we had painted the wrong colour. The plot of land facing the bedroom's window is extremely YIN and the pinkish purple which we painted had triggered off unwanted invitations to whoever's "staying" opposite. So they get all their friends to drop by to our room during the late hours to have a "party" in there.

He got us to paint it lily white again & to hang a bagua outside the window at the concrete slab. We chose a brass bagua to prevent corrosion eventually as we've got strong afternoon sun.

Verdict: Cured. But I think we triggered off the "invitation" which is irreversible based on my instincts. During the HDB upgrading i.e. when they painted our flats, we brought in the bagua for 2 weeks. However, then forgot to hang it back. So that part went "bagua-less" for a month plus. One night, when I returned home & went into the room, I had that same terrible sensation that gave me the creeps. My hubby hung the bagua back without delay. Everything settled in nicely again. My little nieces & nephews who visited my place would take naps in that room. My brother inlaw's 3 year old twins also slept there for more than 1 year b4 they were brought to Australia - both dearies love the room & until today, when they visit us in Singapore, they would automatically run into the room to take their naps.

(Note: such "accidents" wouldn't happen to everyone. It's about luck & affinity. And if readers believe, karma.)

Example 3:

I painted my living room purple out of ignorance. I didn't realise that I'm an earth person so I dug my own "grave" in painting my huge living room lilac colour (light purple) - it was really hahaha when I think about it now :P What I did was to check the FS DIY books on the colour definitions. Moreover, purple was my favorite colour during those days :)

Rectification: My FSM, explained to me about some personal stuff related to my bazi (which I didn't believe would worsen at that time, as it was impossible based on my own thoughts but every that's said materialised eventually) & insisted that I paint my living room yellow! Main door orange. I wasn't happy at all with his recommendation becox those are colour schemes of childcare centres! But anyway, I followed through.

Verdict: Yes, rebounded back from where I "fell" off. So now, I love yellow. Mustard yellow is one my favourite colours in my wardrobe :)

Shorten my "story" with cuts here & there. If not, will flood the entire discussion thread liao :P

Edited by edenstrauss

No worries Eden.

Case studies like these tend to enliven the forum.

It can serve as a caution for pple who want to do DIY fengshui.

This is not a DIY thing or read from books things, unless u are super passionate about fs

Case studies like these tend to enliven the forum.

It can serve as a caution for pple who want to do DIY fengshui.

When One bought a home, he DIY macro fs. The moment one shifts a chair or table ,he is DIY fs. The moment one makes love with partner and have baby thereafter, ones are DIY fs.

The food one takes, type of clothing one wears.........Every single decision one makes in life is DIY fs.

So, you are suggesting one to live under professional fsm's instructions 24 hour a day?Appeared to me, either you don't understand what you have written, or, you have been "brain washed" by your fsm and become a PUPPET of his.

Looked at history, what had happened when Emperors "listened too much" to his "Astrology Consultants"? Look at daily papers.......

Gaining knowledge from books is a choice. Paying money to get "something done" is another lifestyle choice.

Knowledge is gained accumulatively....Rome wasn't built overnight. Everything starts from DIY/handon! Look around and think!

Note: message contains strong insulting sense, but it's not my intention to insult anybody, just to provide another view of what is "DIY fs" vs paid fs vs knowledge vs daily life.

Edited by bepgof

When One bought a home, he DIY macro fs. The moment one shifts a chair or table ,he is DIY fs. The moment one makes love with partner and have baby thereafter, ones are DIY fs.

The food one takes, type of clothing one wears.........Every single decision one makes in life is DIY fs.

So, you are suggesting one to live under professional fsm's instructions 24 hour a day?Appeared to me, either you don't understand what you have written, or, you have been "brain washed" by your fsm and become a PUPPET of his.

Looked at history, what had happened when Emperors "listened too much" to his "Astrology Consultants"? Look at daily papers.......

Gaining knowledge from books is a choice. Paying money to get "something done" is another lifestyle choice.

Knowledge is gained accumulatively....Rome wasn't built overnight. Everything starts from DIY/handon! Look around and think!

Note: message contains strong insulting sense, but it's not my intention to insult anybody, just to provide another view of what is "DIY fs" vs paid fs vs knowledge vs daily life.

I think they are recommending the micro FS to be audited by an experienced FSM instead of DIY. They are not referring to the macro FS.

Edited by CoffeeMan

So, you are suggesting one to live under professional fsm's instructions 24 hour a day?

Nope. I'm not suggesting that.. In fact, I believe in actively shaping one's future. That's why I'm a protagonist of Karma.

Why then do I go for FS, Bazi etc... bcuz I want to know what's in store so I can ride out the rough tides.

Books can be misleading too. It depends on the experience and skill of the writer.

Don't mean to be insulting, but the scores of books that you've read may or may not be authentic classics too.

Unless you've lived few hundred years ago or have experienced the theories yourself, you're not any wiser. :P

Point taken. Sometimes it takes harsh words to knock some sense into ppl.

Nope. I'm not suggesting that.. In fact, I believe in actively shaping one's future. That's why I'm a protagonist of Karma.

Why then do I go for FS, Bazi etc... bcuz I want to know what's in store so I can ride out the rough tides.

Books can be misleading too. It depends on the experience and skill of the writer.

Don't mean to be insulting, but the scores of books that you've read may or may not be authentic classics too.

Unless you've lived few hundred years ago or have experienced the theories yourself, you're not any wiser. :P

Point taken. Sometimes it takes harsh words to knock some sense into ppl.

Every moment we're diy this & that based on ours core values and belief. Strictly speaking, every moment one is altering fs around him. At times we seek second opinions, sometime we buy others' ideas and at situations we choose to pay for services.

I'm just wondering what really drives one to engagea fsm to do only house audit. Since belive fs so much, why don't as well engage fsm to look for a house? Why macro diy, micro leave to fsm? It is sort of priorities reversing.

Absolute correct. 尽信书不如无书.

Edited by bepgof

Every moment we're diy this & that based on ours core values and belief. Strictly speaking, every moment one is altering fs around him. At times we seek second opinions, sometime we buy others' ideas and at situations we choose to pay for services.

I'm just wondering what really drives one to engagea fsm to do only house audit. Since belive fs so much, why don't as well engage fsm to look for a house? Why macro diy, micro leave to fsm? It is sort of priorities reversing.

Absolute correct. 尽信书不如无书.

Agree so much. From experience, by right should consult fsm when look for house. inside the house "possible to diy".

Unfortunately, not practical. Looking for house is longer than consult for home. How to consult fsm?

EVen worse, when I was looking for house, need to make decision immediately. Need to bid within that hour.

I don't even have time to think whether the house is good for me, how to consult fsm?

Agree so much. From experience, by right should consult fsm when look for house. inside the house "possible to diy".

Unfortunately, not practical. Looking for house is longer than consult for home. How to consult fsm?

EVen worse, when I was looking for house, need to make decision immediately. Need to bid within that hour.

I don't even have time to think whether the house is good for me, how to consult fsm?

FSM does the walking, surveying, negotiating, client just pay money. :dribble:

Better leave this to fsm, this is not a DIY thing or read from newspaper or internet thing, if not kena ah long house, haunted house. Need to tilt this and that, put coins lah, hulu lah, water feature lah, stones lah, put petition lah, elephant lah, crystal lah, shift chair shift table shift bed lah...... :dancingqueen:

Bad luck, haunted house examples serve as a caution for pple who want to do DIY buying home themsevles. 8|

Edited by bepgof