Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
endlssorrow

Flooring

from your photo your floor is a parquet floor. a true parquet floor. nowadays very hard to find, as it is very expensive. a beautiful vintage floor.

... seeing that i have already posted a disclaimer in my previous posts, i recommend myself. :)

Disclaimer: i work in a wooden floor installation related company.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
from your photo your floor is a parquet floor. a true parquet floor. nowadays very hard to find, as it is very expensive. a beautiful vintage floor.

... seeing that i have already posted a disclaimer in my previous posts, i recommend myself. :)

Disclaimer: i work in a wooden floor installation related company.

Ha ha! It is really good parquet huh? These are old floors which I really like!

The living room is terrazo and the kitchen tiles are also very well kept...

got your pm, will give you a buzz!

Thanks!

BINGO!! It's so troublesome to do flooring when you are already stay-in. Even doing laminate is also dusty and dirty, the after-match clean like mad!! :bangwall: regret not doing it during my reno as i wanted to move in fast simply because i sold my place before buying.

Hi christopher,

I also look for floor laminate for my house. Possible PM me u floor laminate contractor contact?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers :rolleyes:

Hi experts!

Just wondering if placing a layer of plywood below the teak flooring is important?

Some retailers tell me it is important, some say its not. Some say it will attract termites/pests, some say it wont.

Any help?

Cheers!

hi aq999,

2 main reasons for us to recommend plywood subfloor.

1. most cement screeds done by Singaporean main-con are not flat (sadly). plywood serves as a flat surface for the timber floor to be laid on. this allows a nicer and flatter final floor as it is easier to sand.

2. having a plywood subfloor allow nails to be used on the tongue and groove of the floor (aka the nail can be hit into the floor from the side, not from the top). if a plywood subfloor is used, there will be very few (i wouldnt say zero) nail holes on the surface of the final floor.

disadvantage of plywood,

1. termite will eat this up and leave your floor alone, that is, if you are using teak. treating it is useless, the treatment usually lasts only for a few years. however if you live in more than 5 stories and up, chances of this happening is very very slim.

2. another cost. often about 1+ SGD psf, depending on the thickness.

scenarios where plywood is not necessary,

1. ur cement screed was properly done and reasonably flat, max diff of 3mm across 1.5m.

2. you are installing parquet blocks which are short pieces of less than 200mm.

3. you are very very concerned of the plywood being consumed by termites.

4. you dont care whether or not there are nail marks on the surface of the final floor.

that said, my company just made this floor, and it looks very nice. it still need one more coat of water based coating though. i like it very much. this was done without a plywood subfloor.

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

Edited by morganwu

hi morganwu,

how much do you charge for a bedroom in my 5-rm hdb flat, area is about 190-200sqft..

pls quote difference for parquet & plywood..

thanks.

Hi Morganwu, can u quote me the cost of constructing a parquet platform for my cosy/dining area in my living room. It is to be done laying over current ceramic tiles. The size is L5000 x W1500 x H100.

Edited by martin1023

When i was still staying with my parents b4 i got married, my bedroom is parquet flooring and i love the feel and it has been there for 15 years without any defects (user damage/scratched excluded) I really love to have parquet for new resale 3rm flat but too bad, i am hacking front bedroom to expand my living and left with only 1 bedroom. With the small bedroom, putting in the bed and wardrobe, there isn't much floor space to exhibit and enjoy the beautiful parquet flooring. Sad...

For those who can afford and have good size bedroom for parquet, i would highly recommend it!

Hi Morgan

What is the cost of parquet flooring + skirting all round for my 4 room flat?(3 bedrooms+living/dining}. I think its 756 sqft, thanx in advance

:D