Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
endlssorrow

Flooring

Hi Morgan

Can you advise if I have a room suspected to be invaded with termites, should I remove the whole parquet floor and reinstall new ones? What would be a suitable material as the room is located in kitchen area and we are a ground floor unit (near some greens)? Teak or laminate flooring?

Is re-screeding still required if the old parquet floor is hacked out?

Can you quote me if the room area is 3.6m x 3.6m?

Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Morgan

Can you advise if I have a room suspected to be invaded with termites, should I remove the whole parquet floor and reinstall new ones? What would be a suitable material as the room is located in kitchen area and we are a ground floor unit (near some greens)? Teak or laminate flooring?

Thank you.

Hi,

I think there are two ways to your case. Since its invaded with termites you can either get pest control to do something for you and overlay laminate flooring (some which is under termite warranty) or u can hack it away and replace with laminate. Personally if the invasion is still not so bad, you can get pest control to do something about it then just overlay.

For the area you mention, the price should not be more then $800. (inclusive of GST) since its a small area.

Hopefully it help (:

Hi Morgan

Thank you.

Please get the pest control asap. My house was attacked by termite too. I first saw a small effected portion on my wooden skirting. got a lousy pest control settle it. less than 2 weeks in the middle of the night, my cupboard toppled as 2 of the leg support was infested than kitchen cabinate and my bedroom parquet flooring. everything just happen in less than 2 weeks after i get the pest control in.

source for another pest control. they advice me to vacate the house for at least 9 days so that they can fumigate the whole house. that it! i was left homeless for more than a week just because of termite.

Please get the pest control asap. My house was attacked by termite too. I first saw a small effected portion on my wooden skirting. got a lousy pest control settle it. less than 2 weeks in the middle of the night, my cupboard toppled as 2 of the leg support was infested than kitchen cabinate and my bedroom parquet flooring. everything just happen in less than 2 weeks after i get the pest control in.

source for another pest control. they advice me to vacate the house for at least 9 days so that they can fumigate the whole house. that it! i was left homeless for more than a week just because of termite.

You can actually get laminate flooring which are termite resistance with warranty thou.

Especially you are living near the greens, termite resistance is a must!

In the market there are laminated flooring which are termite resistance thou (:

Hi Morgan,

I have sent you an email to this address but I haven't had a reply. Is this this email still working?

Thanks

Terence

Hi all,

i dont know what happened, but i cannot read my PM since last friday.

Please send your PMs directly to morganwu@evergreenforest.com.sg

Sorry.

Hi Morgan,

I have sent you an email to this address but I haven't had a reply. Is this this email still working?

Thanks

Terence

Hi Terence,

So sorry, i am no longer working in Singapore.

Morgan