Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
endlssorrow

Flooring

let me share my latest and the project i am most proud of.

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

for other images, visit this album

evergreen forest album

Hi Morganwu

I'm thinking of having timber strips (12 in length) in my new HDB flat. Appreciate it if you could give a quote for 3 bedrooms approx 420 sq ft in total. Thank you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Morgan, is parquet anti-slippery? I intend to have it in our living room and bedroom.

it is not slippery when dry. the coatings i use are designed with safety of the users in mind, however there are no special effects like rough surface or such.

it is not slippery when dry. the coatings i use are designed with safety of the users in mind, however there are no special effects like rough surface or such.

Thanks Morgan, I have a few more queries which I hope you won't mind to advise.

1. Ours is a new flat in Sengkang. Can you offer us the option of not using plywood and foam as the base for timber flooring? We fear that plywood is not resistant to termite invasion and we don't like the spongy feeling. Without plywood, will timber flooring still look as good?

2. What are kind of maintenance is needed to make timber flooring last? eg vanish - how frequent?

3. Do you offer carpentry work for kitchen cabinets and bedroom wardrobes? If not, any recommendation of good carpentry contractors?

Thanks in advance for your time to reply.

Thanks Morgan, I have a few more queries which I hope you won't mind to advise.

1. Ours is a new flat in Sengkang. Can you offer us the option of not using plywood and foam as the base for timber flooring? We fear that plywood is not resistant to termite invasion and we don't like the spongy feeling. Without plywood, will timber flooring still look as good?

2. What are kind of maintenance is needed to make timber flooring last? eg vanish - how frequent?

3. Do you offer carpentry work for kitchen cabinets and bedroom wardrobes? If not, any recommendation of good carpentry contractors?

Thanks in advance for your time to reply.

Dear oinkrabbit,

1. the floor in this picture was installed without any plywood. the floor will still look as good, you wouldnt notice the nail marks from standing height. we do not use, and i believe no one in Singapore uses foam as the base for timber flooring. only laminates and engineered floors may use foam as their base. solid timber floors do not.

Timber Floor

2. the timber floor will last you a lifetime if you adhere to these principles,

a. only vacuum or mop with a MOIST mop. damp or dripping wet mops are a NO NO. those micro-fiber mops sold by 3M are very good, i personally use them.

b. add rubber or felt pads under the feet of furniture like table and chairs. for chairs with rollers the hard floor cover sold in IKEA is pretty good.

b. place a floor mat at entrances to a room with timber floor, so that any debris or stones would be caught by the mat before they can scratch the floor.

3. no i dont. i can recommend, but unless you can wait a month or more, i believe the carpenter is now so busy that he is turning down offers already.

Morgan Wu

Edited by morganwu

hi hi

my new premium bto is 4 room that comes with flooring, but the tiles is slippery when wet, so am thinking of puting timber in the living room( 5.7 by 3.4 meter) with out hacking away the existing tiles. can the over lay be done?

what type of timber is recommanded and whats the cost?

Edited by littlejun

hi hi

my new premium bto is 4 room that comes with flooring, but the tiles is slippery when wet, so am thinking of puting timber in the living room( 5.7 by 3.4 meter) with out hacking away the existing tiles. can the over lay be done?

what type of timber is recommanded and whats the cost?

yes overlay can be done.

we will bolt plywood onto the existing tile with wall plugs, and then install the timber on top of the plywood.

if you are not worried about termites, walnut, white oak, tas.oak, (about all other timber in the market) are suitable.

if termites are a concern, burmese teak, indonesian teak are able your only choices.

my company recently did a project where we installed timber over marble using the method i described. will upload pictures soon.

however, some caveats,

1. your existing tiles would still be damaged by the insertion of wall plugs. if you ever hack away the timber floor, you will see holes in your tiles.

2. this method will definitely leave some areas that are 'hollow', where if you knock at that area you will hear a sound akin to knocking a door. it is harmless and will not affect the surface quality. however some owners find it a nuisance.

3. this method will 'rise' the floor level. hence there would be a kerb where the timber floor ends. in the case the floor passes thru a door, you have to modify the door so that it can still close.

thats all i can think of off my hand.going for dinner now.

Dear oinkrabbit,

1. the floor in this picture was installed without any plywood. the floor will still look as good, you wouldnt notice the nail marks from standing height. we do not use, and i believe no one in Singapore uses foam as the base for timber flooring. only laminates and engineered floors may use foam as their base. solid timber floors do not.

Timber Floor

2. the timber floor will last you a lifetime if you adhere to these principles,

a. only vacuum or mop with a MOIST mop. damp or dripping wet mops are a NO NO. those micro-fiber mops sold by 3M are very good, i personally use them.

b. add rubber or felt pads under the feet of furniture like table and chairs. for chairs with rollers the hard floor cover sold in IKEA is pretty good.

b. place a floor mat at entrances to a room with timber floor, so that any debris or stones would be caught by the mat before they can scratch the floor.

3. no i dont. i can recommend, but unless you can wait a month or more, i believe the carpenter is now so busy that he is turning down offers already.

Morgan Wu

Hi morgan, I pm you yesterday. Hope to receive your reply soon. thanks!

yes overlay can be done.

we will bolt plywood onto the existing tile with wall plugs, and then install the timber on top of the plywood.

if you are not worried about termites, walnut, white oak, tas.oak, (about all other timber in the market) are suitable.

if termites are a concern, burmese teak, indonesian teak are able your only choices.

my company recently did a project where we installed timber over marble using the method i described. will upload pictures soon.

however, some caveats,

1. your existing tiles would still be damaged by the insertion of wall plugs. if you ever hack away the timber floor, you will see holes in your tiles.

2. this method will definitely leave some areas that are 'hollow', where if you knock at that area you will hear a sound akin to knocking a door. it is harmless and will not affect the surface quality. however some owners find it a nuisance.

3. this method will 'rise' the floor level. hence there would be a kerb where the timber floor ends. in the case the floor passes thru a door, you have to modify the door so that it can still close.

thats all i can think of off my hand.going for dinner now.

Hi Morgan, just bought a resale 5i, getting keys in 1st week Nov 2011. i need a quote for timber floor or Burmese and Indonesian teak for the my 3 bedrooms +study. the flat size.

room size is 330X530

pls also include the cost of glue and vanish. And also the time for the installation?

Many Thanks.

ncsl999

lately i got quite a few inquiries and the answers can be found in this thread. bumping this thread so its easier to find.

Hi Morgan I sent u pm, pls check thanks

Hi all,

I got approx 800sqft of Solid American White Ash for sale at a 40% discount.

Clearing stock.

Interested parties please PM me for details.

Morgan

Laminates flooring package to let go:

Country of Origin: Germany

Grading: AC4/IC2

Flexible use of package for laminate flooring / outdoor wood decking for balcony or planter / laminate or woodtop for bay

windows / etc

Direct lifetime warranty on materials n workmanship

Interested takers, please PM me.

Thanks!