Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
noobsea

Fresh 1st Timer Buyer

Thing is, still have to face this agent till collection of keys.

If u hv not given him the commission, cut his commission after taking over the keys. Ignore all his hints of issuing check until keys taken in ur possession.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
If u hv not given him the commission, cut his commission after taking over the keys. Ignore all his hints of issuing check until keys taken in ur possession.

Cut his commission later he rebuke.

I think I need more advice from you guys.

Since u r unhappy with that agent, make it known. Better still complain to his company. See if u want to play hard with him anot…

Since u r unhappy with that agent, make it known. Better still complain to his company. See if u want to play hard with him anot…

Actually I tried to contact his superior which is his stand in colleague. But his superior also did not reply my sms as he's in overseas.

Wait!

If you've not signed anything, you're NOT OBLIGED to engage him as your agent.

Yes, I have not exercise my OTP . Am going to sign the OTP this weekend. If I don't engage him as my agent then who? I mean, he's the one that brought me to the blk to view. But to close the deal, it was actually his stand in colleague because he was overseas at that time.

If it's me, I would forego the deal and look for another house. Because from the signing of OTP to completion, a lot of things can happen. And if he;s not your go-to guy because of his attitude, you're in for a long and bumpy ride. The seller might make ridiculous demands, suddenly put in weird clauses, this and that and if there's no one to advise you, you could be on the losing end.

But if you're dead certain you're in love with the place, just be very careful. But I'm telling you, for HDB flats, it's not a seller's market now. Sellers who are getting rid of their flats now are not spoilt for choice because of the measures taken by the government.

If it's me, I would forego the deal and look for another house. Because from the signing of OTP to completion, a lot of things can happen. And if he;s not your go-to guy because of his attitude, you're in for a long and bumpy ride. The seller might make ridiculous demands, suddenly put in weird clauses, this and that and if there's no one to advise you, you could be on the losing end.

But if you're dead certain you're in love with the place, just be very careful. But I'm telling you, for HDB flats, it's not a seller's market now. Sellers who are getting rid of their flats now are not spoilt for choice because of the measures taken by the government.

Can't forgo the deal because me and hus like that place and location. Plus we got it at a price within our budget.

The others we see, all either very old plus asking sky high cov or renovated plus asking even higher cov.

This is the one which matches our budget.

See, I was talking to the agent in the noon when it got cut off all of the sudden. Now then I remember, he didn't return my call at all aft it got cut off.

Really very jialat attitude. Commission haven't reach his hand, he already show half of his true colour.

very interesting read.

as what some have mentioned, some agents go the extra mile. so because these few agents go the extra mile, should we as home-owners, home-buyers, and home-sellers expect all agents to do so? shld we expect our own-appointed agents to do so? in fairness, i think we'd be a little unreasonable to expect extra mile service frm any agent, especially when most of us are paying only 1% commission when the guideline is 2%. Yes, it's still 2%, are all of us aware of this? 1% has become the expected norm cos a few agents started under-cutting in order to secure deals and in the end, the other agents were all "pressured" to follow suit, in order to be able to make a living.

for those of you who did experience the extra mile frm ur agent, did u eventually gave ur agent an "angpao" on top of his 1%? i would think a lot of us didn't. of cos, we're not obligated to. but in the same voice, agents are also not obligated to reduce their comm frm the recommended 2% to 1%, or go the extra mile for us. we're the stake-holders here. if we don't take care of our own interests, and safeguard ourselves, who would? to lay all blame on our agents when things go wrong is to point an accusing finger at someone, while having 3 other fingers pointing back at ourselves.

dun get me wrong. i'm in nobody's corner. there are good and bad agents, just as there are good and bad customers. we protect ourselves, take responsibility for our own stuff, and let others do the same for themselves. if they carry out the minimum requirements of their job properly, give them their due. if they fall short, feedback and seek compensation if possible. if they exceed, reward them. if we want people to be fair to us, let's first be fair to them.

just to share, i paid my agent a lot more than the 1% he charged me when i sold my place. his 1% only came up to 2K+ but he had gone the extra mile in selling my place, and finding a new plc for me to buy. so i rewarded him with 50% share of the extra profits from the sale of my place. i had a target selling price and he managed to sell my unit at 15K above my price. and my price had oredi included the average COV. some of u are probably saying i'm mad, giving so much of my money away, but i believe in rewarding good service so as to encourage continued good service to all others. I've been in sales for over 10yrs, and i can tell u, it makes a huge psychological boost to the salesman when a customer shows tt they appreciated his extra efforts and service. i tip good taxi-drivers, i tip the shampoo girl at the salon whr i cut my hair, i also tip the waiter/waitress who gives me good service and displays good service attitude.

always tell ourselves, wat we feel and wat we see are only on our side. wat the other party sees, feel, experience, is not known to us unless they share wif us. there may possibly be valid reasons for things that happen in which we're the recipient. eg. not answering phonecalls, no return of calls, not driving off when car ahead had already gone far far etc etc. The other party could have his hands full, so he can't answer. or he might be in an important mtg. or his hp might be at the guard post if he's inside a shipyard or an army camp etc. The batt may be flat thus he didn return calls? Driver might hv fainted tt's why he didn't move off when car ahead had oredi drove off. The possibilities are numerous. We dun hv to get all upset and judgmental and accusatory. It's always good for us to stay calm, and give others the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Edited by manutd1972

always tell ourselves, wat we feel and wat we see are only on our side. wat the other party sees, feel, experience, is not known to us unless they share wif us. there may possibly be valid reasons for things that happen in which we're the recipient. eg. not answering phonecalls, no return of calls, not driving off when car ahead had already gone far far etc etc. The other party could have his hands full, so he can't answer. or he might be in an important mtg. or his hp might be at the guard post if he's inside a shipyard or an army camp etc. The batt may be flat thus he didn return calls? Driver might hv fainted tt's why he didn't move off when car ahead had oredi drove off. The possibilities are numerous. We dun hv to get all upset and judgmental and accusatory. It's always good for us to stay calm, and give others the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

I waited until now he still didn't call me back. Not even an sms. That is what good service I received.

I waited until now he still didn't call me back. Not even an sms. That is what good service I received.

den u can't call him again? isn't it possible tt he got caught up in work, or with other clients and by the time he's available, he might have forgotten the missed call? how many times have we ourselves, in our busy-ness, forgot to get back to someone when we promised them we would, or forgot to return a call?

if we're always expecting people to "serve" us or accede to our needs, den we will always run the risk of being disappointed, let down by those providing service to us because there will always be a mis-match of expectations. how much time do these service staff spend wif us? how much of us and our expectations do we think they will understand abt us in such a short span of time? even our spouses who spend so much time wif us have problems fully understanding us and our expectations. how much more can we reasonably expect frm strangers?

like i said, i'm not supporting any one side here, cos i've been the recipient of poor service before, as well as the giver of good service before. all i'm saying is life is hard and stressful enough, why get ourselves frustrated or upset over something tt might jolly well have a valid explanation to? more often than not, most times, it's our own assumption of the situation tt causes us emotional angst, anger, hurt, disappointment etc.

den u can't call him again? isn't it possible tt he got caught up in work, or with other clients and by the time he's available, he might have forgotten the missed call? how many times have we ourselves, in our busy-ness, forgot to get back to someone when we promised them we would, or forgot to return a call?

if we're always expecting people to "serve" us or accede to our needs, den we will always run the risk of being disappointed, let down by those providing service to us because there will always be a mis-match of expectations. how much time do these service staff spend wif us? how much of us and our expectations do we think they will understand abt us in such a short span of time? even our spouses who spend so much time wif us have problems fully understanding us and our expectations. how much more can we reasonably expect frm strangers?

like i said, i'm not supporting any one side here, cos i've been the recipient of poor service before, as well as the giver of good service before. all i'm saying is life is hard and stressful enough, why get ourselves frustrated or upset over something tt might jolly well have a valid explanation to? more often than not, most times, it's our own assumption of the situation tt causes us emotional angst, anger, hurt, disappointment etc.

Thanks for advising.

Advises:

1. Clause 11 on OTP, if you are urgent & need resale application to be submitted asap, don't let agent putting 90 days which is the maximum. Put your grand signature on every single page of the OTP, to avoid one or 2 pages being replaced after this, don't even leave blank. Agent or seller whether sign on every single page or not, up to them. Get hold a copy of this OTP after seller/buyer/witness have signed.

2. Ask seller : Have they got house to stay after selling. Or are they NOW looking for house to stay. If they are still "looking", good luck to you.

3. Believed you have standby the HLE? for hdb mortgage.

4. Preferably pay $4k in cheque then cash.

5. Be standby, agent will ask you to sign some "paper", make sure which is which, especially the commission rate letter, see clearly the % and figure then sign.

6. Commission only payable to agent upon completion(2nd appointment),if he still wants his commission, he will follow throught the process till completion.

7. Utitlities accounts transfer, not so urgent, abt 2 wk before completion will do, ask agent for "favorable" to do this for you.

8. Renovation you should know lah. Be happy will stay lucy.

Edited by bepgof