Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
weiz87

Buying Of Recess Area

Hi guys. I m new to here. I having 1 problem now which is buying of recess area of 2 units at jurong west st 81.

My parents which is the corner unit and I m juz the unit beside it. HDB rejected my request w/o giving me valid reasons. the recess area we have doesnt block any road or staircase. lifts upgrade programs is over too. I didnt block their plan. Units from telok blangah heights from the corner flats can buy. I dont see any reasons which rejected me.

Anyone face the same problem also? can I appeal it? who should i appeal to? Can someone enlighten me.

thanks =)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi guys. I m new to here. I having 1 problem now which is buying of recess area of 2 units at jurong west st 81.

My parents which is the corner unit and I m juz the unit beside it. HDB rejected my request w/o giving me valid reasons. the recess area we have doesnt block any road or staircase. lifts upgrade programs is over too. I didnt block their plan. Units from telok blangah heights from the corner flats can buy. I dont see any reasons which rejected me.

Anyone face the same problem also? can I appeal it? who should i appeal to? Can someone enlighten me.

thanks =)

2 units of recess area is very rare. You may want to walk around your neighbouhood and check if anyone in your area have ever done this.

I am thinking if in the future, you decides to sell one of the 2 units, will there be an issue?

So in this case, you may face a problem to sell coz u have shared recess area.

You may need to let your MP solve your problem.

Edited by potatoes

If u buy the recess, how does the HDB officer check on your meter? ( the one that check how much electricity u used mthly). Unless ur parent and ur unit's meter is not placed on the recess area if not they won't stop u for buying. My frd unit also can't buy recess area while her rest of her neighbor can buy becos of that reason.

If u buy the recess, how does the HDB officer check on your meter? ( the one that check how much electricity u used mthly). Unless ur parent and ur unit's meter is not placed on the recess area if not they won't stop u for buying. My frd unit also can't buy recess area while her rest of her neighbor can buy becos of that reason.

I agree with u...... once the meter is in recess area, the issue is a complex one.

What I am not happy with HDB is that my recess area is only that tiny space of 2sqm (foyer) at my door entrance, no meters or blocking anybody's path, yet it took HDB more than 6 months to approve and settle a simple document. They will not allow me to place a gate at the recess area if I dont buy that recess area.

I m happy now that I have legally bought this space and added 2sqm to my exisitng floor area.

Now I m thinking of moving the wooden door to flush with the gate. Do I also need to get approval for this?

I dont understd this ' move the wooden door to flush with the gate' ? U mean change the direction of the door? :unsure:

See layout below.

NewEMlayout.jpg

Nothing to do with the direction of the door. SImply mean to move the entrance door to be in line with the gate at access balcony.

I dont see any reason why need to apply for permit since the recess area is already bought by me.

I believe becos the wall holding ur door can't be hack down. I see my neighbor who bought the recess area all take away the gate but still leave the main door there.

I believe becos the wall holding ur door can't be hack down. I see my neighbor who bought the recess area all take away the gate but still leave the main door there.

Thanks for ur feedback.

I can't hack the wall near the dining area (on the right), but I think I can hack the wall of utility room (Left).

I still want the gate, only move the main door forward to gate. I have seen some neighbours doing that.