Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ymjp100

Aaab's Hjem

Haha, already thinking about it... nothing major, just some built-in storage and a minor tweak. But now is reno peak period so dunno can do soon or not.

Plus decor/art. Still looking. :)

In 4 years... I hope to be looking for new place to reno bah. :rolleyes:

Wah, new place = investment, to stay or addicted to interior decorating?

For us, we are not intending to move out.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wah, new place = investment, to stay or addicted to interior decorating?

For us, we are not intending to move out.

Not intending to move out for how long?

I just can't imagine staying in one place for too long I guess. Well... we shd be here for the next 5 years, MOP and all. Plus dunno how to find (and afford!) a bigger space at an equally convenient location.

You're welcome.

It was deliberate not to have shower facilities in the downstairs toilet. This meant we could push the washing machine into the toilet, out of sight. Moreover, the washing machine didn't seem to fit in the overall look of the kitchen, which is typical of most apartments.

I have a friend who placed his washing machine and dryer in a closet built between the kitchen and dining area. I guess there is no fixed place for washing machines...

I like the neat layout of your kitchen. It looks lovely! :) I actually wanted to conceal my washer in the toilet too but there isn't much space in there and moreover we wanted to keep the wc and shower. So, we went for the next best option of creating a small yard behind the kitchen, to conceal the bulky washer

You're welcome.

It was deliberate not to have shower facilities in the downstairs toilet. This meant we could push the washing machine into the toilet, out of sight. Moreover, the washing machine didn't seem to fit in the overall look of the kitchen, which is typical of most apartments.

I have a friend who placed his washing machine and dryer in a closet built between the kitchen and dining area. I guess there is no fixed place for washing machines...

You're right. There isn't a fixed place to put the WM. My question is just to satisfy my curiosity. I thought your WM is in the cabinet or something.

Anyway, I have friends who placed their WM in the balcony. The weirdest place I've seen it though is in the doorway. This was in a unit I visited while househunting. The WM was placed at the open area right next to the doorway.

You're right. There isn't a fixed place to put the WM. My question is just to satisfy my curiosity. I thought your WM is in the cabinet or something.

Anyway, I have friends who placed their WM in the balcony. The weirdest place I've seen it though is in the doorway. This was in a unit I visited while househunting. The WM was placed at the open area right next to the doorway.

Having the washing machine and dryer within a closet set up in the living room seems to be acceptable. I just not sure about how the piping is run to drain the water. :dunno:

8ff2fbe3ba1c1a1d1afb80d06b77eb74.gif

The above is so kitschy but I thought it is a good way to answer the question of how we kept things away from sight in the kitchen. The animated gif could do with another 2-3 photos to better present the transition though.

The ubiquitous rice-cooker is stowed away in this sliding shelf hidden behind a top-hinged pocket door. There is enough space for a boiler (or a hot water dispenser in future) as well. The air-fryer and Nespresso machine were after-thoughts. Otherwise, we definitely would have thought up something to keep the counter-top clutter-free.

8ff2fbe3ba1c1a1d1afb80d06b77eb74.gif

The above is so kitschy but I thought it is a good way to answer the question of how we kept things away from sight in the kitchen. The animated gif could do with another 2-3 photos to better present the transition though.

The ubiquitous rice-cooker is stowed away in this sliding shelf hidden behind a top-hinged pocket door. There is enough space for a boiler (or a hot water dispenser in future) as well. The air-fryer and Nespresso machine were after-thoughts. Otherwise, we definitely would have thought up something to keep the counter-top clutter-free.

Good idea of "hiding" your electrical accesories and keeping them out of sight. I m currently finding hard to keep my kitchen's table top clutter free :notti:

More of Audrey Kawasaki prints.

These two were put up in the dining area.

The one on the right is "Saying Goodbye".

IMG_1468.JPG

A close up of the frame.

IMG_1464.JPG

It was originally in bronze but we had it sprayed with matt white to match the home.

This one on the left wall is "Hyakki Yakou" or 百鬼夜行 Night Parade (inspired by Hyakki Yako scroll).

IMG_1467.JPG

A close up of the frame.

IMG_1465.JPG

This frame underwent the same treatment of being sprayed matt white. We thought the more elaborate of the two frames actually worked very well after the "white wash" treatment. The frame-maker told us that in order to get the frame (with all the ornate features) white, he actually had to build up the white paint very thinly. We kinda like the little flaws in the frame.

Edited by ymjp100

Hi

May I ask how big is your sofa.

If looks longer than 2.5 m .

If so, how do you get it up the stairwell

I am eyeing a similar one but was told it could not be move to the flat

By the way you have good taste in furnitures!

Thanks !

Edited by Duku

Hi ymjp100,

Do you mind PM me where u get the repro of Artichoke lamp. Can I have the address and if u don mind tell me the price too pls.

Regards

Abahq

Hi ymjp100,

I just wanted to say you ve got a wonderful place :) you guys have given me quite abit of inspiration on how I can make my new home fun, (I love your art prints!!!) sexy, and with lots of music (actually the music is my favourite part ;) haha)

My new home is only ready next year (TOP second half of 2013) but thanks so much for sharing!

Cool home you've got there :)

Omg... Audrey Kawasaki fan.

I love her art but did not manage to get hold of her time release print Charlotte last year.

Well, I am quite sure the wifey will not allow me to hand it in our new house~ :bangwall:

Your frames are excellent choices. May I know where did you get them frame? Are you using

museum glass and the cost should be quite high?

Love the Two Sister print but after seeing the print She Who Dares, one word ~WOW

Hello hello!

The sofa is 2.6m, inclusive of the armrest portions on either side. The middle "seat" portion is about 2m. It was brought up in three separate pieces and put together in the living room. The guys who delivered the sofa didn't have much problems. I am not sure about the lift, but staying on the 2nd floor helps.

Thank you for the compliment. We were inspired by the unit, the greenery outside and many of the beautiful homes in this forum.

Hope you manage to get your dream sofa. We got ours customised at Lush by the way.

Happy New Year and Huat Ar!

Hi

May I ask how big is your sofa.

If looks longer than 2.5 m .

If so, how do you get it up the stairwell

I am eyeing a similar one but was told it could not be move to the flat

By the way you have good taste in furnitures!

Thanks !

Hi ymjp100,

Do you mind PM me where u get the repro of Artichoke lamp. Can I have the address and if u don mind tell me the price too pls.

Regards

Abahq

Please check your inbox.

Hello Twinkie,

Thank you for your compliments.

We are scratching our heads about the music......what music? Hahaha! I thought I had only mentioned about making the Kings of Convenience as the official soundtrack to our house to the owners of the emrenoblog.wordpress.com

We are glad we had inspired you a little. But always remember to make the home yours, and it's never too early to start looking around for more inspirations and design ideas.

Hi ymjp100,

I just wanted to say you ve got a wonderful place :) you guys have given me quite abit of inspiration on how I can make my new home fun, (I love your art prints!!!) sexy, and with lots of music (actually the music is my favourite part ;) haha)

My new home is only ready next year (TOP second half of 2013) but thanks so much for sharing!

Cool home you've got there :)