Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ymjp100

Aaab's Hjem

We saw that issue of Home & Decor too. :good: When we saw the glass wall, haha, we were a little disappointed that we weren't the first. :bleah: Our design was confirmed in Jan 10 and works began in Mar 10. We had retained the use of three rooms because we were planning to stay for the long haul. So reducing the number of rooms was not considered.

We had thought of cross-ventilation but it was something worth considering if we had one of those Peranakan shop houses. For EMs, without any air-wells, the solution seems to be keeping the windows and doors open.

Oh... can imagine. I would be very disappointed if a reno with reconfigured layout like mine appears in a mag now...

For BR3, we'll still be able to close it off as a room if we want to, so it won't be too bad I think. We also did consider the effect on future selling price etc but we figured that we should makeover the house so we are happy staying there...

Ha, yeah, I would love to have a shophouse next time... thoroughly hacked and reconfigured to modern needs. :wub: A girl can dream right? ;):P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Nice and courageous design, very open and spacious.. Wifey loves it..

I feel a little uneasy over how open the bedroom feels, I'm the burrowing sort. :sport-smiley-004:

We will post a pic of the room when we are in the "hibernate" mode.

sheep2.gif

You can assess if it is cosy.

;)

Hi,

Really...nice reno. :)

May i know where u get the green carpet and the bathroom tap from?

Am looking for something like this? If possible can let me know the cost?

Thank u so much.

Wahh... ur balcony looks very nice!! :dribble:

The artificial grass has the WoW factor.

We have finally succumbed to the temptation of "greener pastures".

But with the artificial grass installed, we are up against a new problem. Once solved, I shall share what the problem is.

I love the open-concept you got there. :good: Hehehe..

This set shows how it looks with the curtains open and drawn to the side. The curtains are useful in keeping the cool air in when we use the air-conditioner.

IMG_0821.JPG

I think the best way to show how effective the glass wall works is when we compare the amount of light let in to the stairwell between a solid wall and a glass one.

Hi,

Really...nice reno. :)

May i know where u get the green carpet and the bathroom tap from?

Am looking for something like this? If possible can let me know the cost?

Thank u so much.

Thanks!

Green carpet cost S$99 each from Ikea. Not sure if they still have this. Anyway, if you want something that feels comfortable and can last long, don't get this. ;)

Which bathroom tap?

Thanks!

Green carpet cost S$99 each from Ikea. Not sure if they still have this. Anyway, if you want something that feels comfortable and can last long, don't get this. ;)

Which bathroom tap?

Thank mate for the kind reply.

Haha...understand....u know where selling good carpet. I'm not Ikea person..coz their things nice to look from FAR ONLY. Quality terrible.

I actually referring to the basin n tap below. Where u get it from & cost? Also like to ask where u got ur lamps from. All looks very nice. I liked the "rambuttan" lookalike lamp. Sorry for the long question. :)

P6126509.JPG

Edited by IPineapple

Haha...understand....u know where selling good carpet. I'm not Ikea person..coz their things nice to look from FAR ONLY. Quality terrible.

There is also a similar green carpet at Muji. If you want REALLY good carpets similar to the one TS has, can check out Molecule at Great World City. The carpet is around $2k each. You can also check out Lifestory, but iirc they are currently partially closed for reno.

Edited by strikingreality

The problem was that the balcony door could not clear the grass i.e. we could not open the balcony doors fully.

Will you have a similar problem like ours? If your balcony doors are the sliding type (ours are folding type), you will not face the same problem as us.

What are your consideration points? Maintenance? Aesthetics? Cost? Ease of installation? :sport-smiley-018:

Oh... I would love to have folding doors like yours actually, but ended up getting sliding, cuz it's cheaper. Our balcony door also not that big...*shrugs*

I thought it was an issue with the maintenance of the artificial glass. How do you wash/maintain it anyway?

wow thanks for the info. Appreciate. :yamseng:

There is also a similar green carpet at Muji. If you want REALLY good carpets similar to the one TS has, can check out Molecule at Great World City. The carpet is around $2k each. You can also check out Lifestory, but iirc they are currently partially closed for reno.

Hi ymjp100, I'm one of the "secret admirer" of your place, constantly "stalking" ur t-blog... :D

Your place "WOW" :jawdrop:

Also, what an exceptional design idea to convert the common wall into glass :good:

Edited by Kobelala

I actually referring to the basin n tap below. Where u get it from & cost? Also like to ask where u got ur lamps from. All looks very nice. I liked the "rambuttan" lookalike lamp. Sorry for the long question. :)

P6126509.JPG

No worries. We had benefitted from others who had shared information with us.

The basin and the tap were from Asia Excel (Balestier branch). We cannot remember how much it was. Give us some time to look for the receipt. Regarding the lamps, they were mostly from a lighting shop located within the Eunos Warehouse premises. But we must state our reservations with recommending this shop to others.

Rambutan look-alike lamp? You meant the one in the stairwell? If that is the one you were referring to, it was bought at Lightings.com.sg at Balestier Point. Their service was much better.

Happy Hunting!

Oh... I would love to have folding doors like yours actually, but ended up getting sliding, cuz it's cheaper. Our balcony door also not that big...*shrugs*

I thought it was an issue with the maintenance of the artificial glass. How do you wash/maintain it anyway?

Sliding doors could be the smarter choice. Once we are ready to replace our set of folding doors, we would choose either sliding doors or folding doors with smaller panels. With a balcony like ours (without depth), folding doors take up too much space. But we do like the way the wood is ageing with the exposure to weather.

Unlike real grass that needs to be watered and mowed, to maintain the faux grass, we vacuum it. We have yet to wash the grass but the installer (iBuild Sportscape) said we could wash it by spraying water.

Hi ymjp100, I'm one of the "secret admirer" of your place, constantly "stalking" ur t-blog... :D

Your place "WOW" :jawdrop:

Also, what an exceptional design idea to convert the common wall into glass :good:

Thanks Kobelala. We continue to follow all the other EM reno t-blogs in here even after ours is done. Checking for inspirations :rolleyes: .....we would love to get the type of plants you bought :dribble: but unsure if we can keep them alive :unsure: .