Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ymjp100

Aaab's Hjem

@evokc - you may want to try leaving the TV or radio/music on to cover the noise of the PIE... that's what I do. If you can't get complete silence, then at least fill the air with sounds you want to hear. :) I find that more pleasant than earplugs, which fill my head with this horrible ringing sound...

@ymjp100 - that's a lovely quote. what about the rest of the book?

btw nice living room. bright fresh colours. the thing on your coffee table looks like a knife block, but I'm guessing it's for remote controls?

what's the reason behind not having PLC downlights btw? do you just not like them?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
@ymjp100 - that's a lovely quote. what about the rest of the book?

btw nice living room. bright fresh colours. the thing on your coffee table looks like a knife block, but I'm guessing it's for remote controls?

what's the reason behind not having PLC downlights btw? do you just not like them?

i managed to flip through a couple of pages at the local library. Reference section. I came home to google and found reviews and study guides on the book. i can't claim to have finished it. it was something that i had come across while looking for inspiration.

the living room is incomplete....since that picture was taken, I had replaced the practical ikea coffee table with an el cheapo repro. haha! :notti: more on that later.

i am also waiting for my prints to be framed up. it's a set of six retro railway prints by Tom Purvis which I bought from a railway memorabilia shop somewhere in Lake District. they will go up on that cement screed wall. after seeing image after image of black/brown/cream/white sofas in ID magazines, my wife and i decided to be bold and get a slab of butter as our sofa instead. and it seats atop a patch of bermuda grass. excellent for putting. if only we golf.

that thing on the coffee table is a utensil holder. we used it for remote controls instead. you are right, it does look like a knife block.

why no PLC downlights? my wife just do not like them. and i love my wife.

P6116482.JPG

i like your unfinished stairs. Great job!

thanks! so still no loft(y) ideas for your own home? instead of building a loft, could you just have a carpenter fabricate a loft bed and maximise use of the vertical space?

Edited by ymjp100

thanks! so still no loft(y) ideas for your own home? instead of building a loft, could you just have a carpenter fabricate a loft bed and maximise use of the vertical space?

the price does not justify :)

I think this thread needs more pictures of your completed home :)

Looking at your sofa & carpet again, it kinda looks like kaya + a slab of butter. on toast. heh.

About downlights. I don't like them either; they don't have much atmosphere. My favourite is halogen really but those things get so hot...

Ok, more pics. This time the toilets. We aren't obsessed with the look of our toilets. We were happy as long as the toilets were functional.

Level 1 Toilet:

Before.

PB106265.JPG

PB106267.JPG

After.

P6126517.JPG

P6126498.JPG

If you are wondering if the space between the washing machine and toilet seat is sufficient, well, users with BMI >30 may have to take caution.

I suspect this model of toilet seat with soft-closing hinges had a design flaw. When installed, the seat is too upright, causing the seat to fall automatically. Not friendly to users using it while standing up i.e. men.

Edited by ymjp100

Level 2 Common Toilet:

Before.

PB106287.JPG

PB106288.JPG

After.

P6126516.JPG

P6126514.JPG

The previous owner had changed the configuration on level 2. The bedroom nearer to the common toilet was made ensuite. In effect, two bedrooms (including the masterbed room) were ensuite. We decided to remain flexible by returning to the original HDB configuration which meant that only the masterbed room was ensuite. If you refer to our floorplan you should be able to understand what I am saying.

This set of pictures does not show much. I apologise. Please use your imagination. Anyway, this toilet has a leak on the ceiling at the moment. It has been there since we moved in 5 months ago. The HDB Technical Officers and their contractors have visited my place and my upstairs neighour thrice. We hope the leak will be rectified soon.

Masterbed Room Toilet:

Before.

PB106296.JPG

PB106298.JPG

Please ignore the laundry....I uploaded this picture merely to provide a contrast after we had Steven to box up the pipes.

After.

P6126509.JPG

Yes! A bath! Haha.....well, the previous owner had one...so we were tempted. And we rationalised the requirement for it. No regrets so far. :notti:

I think this thread needs more pictures of your completed home :)

Looking at your sofa & carpet again, it kinda looks like kaya + a slab of butter. on toast. heh.

About downlights. I don't like them either; they don't have much atmosphere. My favourite is halogen really but those things get so hot...

We never thought it looked like kaya....haha! My family has a schnauzer-mix which tried, twice, to pee on the carpet. Probably she thought it was a grass patch. Not the colour but the texture since dogs are colour blind. :P

The repros of the artichoke, random light and arco lamp are all using incandescent. it is very unfriendly to the environment because it is rather inefficient but it is mercury free! Moreover, many of these designer lamps were designed to be used with incandescent. We sourced for a special chrome-based bulb from Osram for the arco lamp repro. It is the Decor range from Osram. We were lucky to have found it. This is important because the design philosophy of the lamp will be lost once you use an ordinary bulb.

Ok, an alternate view of the kaya+butter on toast, towards the balcony:

P9056631.JPG

Yay pictures :)

P6126514.JPG

The walls are really pretty. Are they wall tiles or wallpaper?

I read your light bulb story and I must say that your attention to detail is admirable.

Didn't you say you have a new coffee table?

Yay pictures :)

The walls are really pretty. Are they wall tiles or wallpaper?

I read your light bulb story and I must say that your attention to detail is admirable.

Didn't you say you have a new coffee table?

pretty sure it's not wallpaper.....