Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ymjp100

Aaab's Hjem

Hi csingeu, i have sent you the quotation.

Hi!

I've received it.

Thanks!

Seems like you did quite a lot of stuff for that amount. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Dear ymjp100, no more new pictures?

:)

I've been following your t-blog and envious of your lamps. They should look great in your home.

I will be collecting some prints which I have sent for framing today. I will try and take more pictures. Have been lazy....

Shall put up more pictures soon!

Hi!

I've received it.

Thanks!

Seems like you did quite a lot of stuff for that amount. :)

We would like to think so as well. Feel free to contact my ID. We felt we had an enjoyable time with the renovation because of our careful planning as well as the ID's reliable management of the project. Sure there are some regrets, but mainly it's because we had stuck to our guns and not listened to Steven, our ID.

Do shop around.

Finally! More pictures to put up.

This set shows the coffee table that had replaced the older ikea table. Actually the ikea table fits well with the overall look as well. But wife had set her eyes on this. Me too.

P1016718.JPG

This is a close up of the Tom Purvis prints for LNER - London and North Eastern Railway. The six prints form a contiguous coastal landscape. There weren't many places to hang them at home. In fact, we bought an EM just so that we could display these six prints on the same wall. Kidding! :D

P1016722.JPG

We are in a mix now because the front view of the prints will be blocked by the lamp. The best way to view the prints will be as you walk in from the main door towards the living room. Also, a large part of the cement screed wall is covered. I guess the consolation is that nobody will actually stand in front of the prints to look at them, because the person would be blocking the tv. Also, we love some colour at home. We noticed that some homes managed to add colour to their interior tastefully without looking too messy. We hope to do the same.

P1016723.JPG

We have not taken photos of the dining room since the chairs arrived. Waited five months for them. Reading the renotalk forums, we figured >3 months wait for "not in stock" furniture from Lush is typical. But five months was stretching our patience a little. And the worse part was that the service stuff don't update you of the delays until you call or write in to check. Quite terrible. But they were prompt with out coffee table and sofa set though.

First picture shows the dining room area with normal daylight.

P1016726.JPG

This one shows it with light from the cove above the dining table.

P1016729.JPG

Finally, an oblique top-shot of the dining table and chairs.

P1016732.JPG

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year ymjp100.

The LNER prints are fantastic.

I noticed u have speakers in your dining room as well... do you have a multi-room stereo system?

Finally! More pictures to put up.

This set shows the coffee table that had replaced the older ikea table. Actually the ikea table fits well with the overall look as well. But wife had set her eyes on this. Me too.

P1016718.JPG

This is a close up of the Tom Purvis prints for LNER - London and North Eastern Railway. The six prints form a contiguous coastal landscape. There weren't many places to hang them at home. In fact, we bought an EM just so that we could display these six prints on the same wall. Kidding! :D

P1016722.JPG

We are in a mix now because the front view of the prints will be blocked by the lamp. The best way to view the prints will be as you walk in from the main door towards the living room. Also, a large part of the cement screed wall is covered. I guess the consolation is that nobody will actually stand in front of the prints to look at them, because the person would be blocking the tv. Also, we love some colour at home. We noticed that some homes managed to add colour to their interior tastefully without looking too messy. We hope to do the same.

P1016723.JPG

i m sorry if i offend you , i think the beach picture kinda totally spoilt your industry loft look it look kinda out of place with the theme of your place

Edited by rayfox

Happy New Year ymjp100.

The LNER prints are fantastic.

I noticed u have speakers in your dining room as well... do you have a multi-room stereo system?

Thanks for the compliments. Just not sure if you meant only the prints and not where they are placed. Haha! Some people might find juxtaposing (wah piang, placing say placing lah, why must use cheem cheem words!!) the LNER prints discordant with the entire decor. But we thought that was the whole point - to add a splash off colour! A little off tangent but done with our tongues firmly in our cheeks.

Yup, it's an el cheapo entry level Jamo speaker system (we are so going to be laughed at by audiophiles in this forum) with an Onkyo amplifier. We have seven speakers in the living room and another two in the dining room. That's for Zone 2. So when we close off the living room with the door panels, peeps in the dining room can listen in to whatever is playing in the living room or choose to listen to a CD/radio/aux source.

mind sharing where you bought the dining table from?

Hello rickoveron, we bought it from Harvey Norman. It comes as a set with chairs. But we switched the chairs to repro-wishbone bought from Lush.

Cannot remember the exact price, but it was definitely more "value for money" if it were bought as a set instead of separates. We got it during the Great Singapore Sale in 2010 at the Millenia Walk.

Then, it was mentioned by the sales assistant that this line was going to be discontinued and only two pieces of the larger table (1.8m) were left. The smaller table in the same design measures 1.5m. But the "to be discontinued" sales pitch by the sales assistant could be taken with a pinch of salt. She might have been trying to hurry us into buying it from her.

i m sorry if i offend you , i think the beach picture kinda totally spoilt your industry loft look it look kinda out of place with the theme of your place

Hi rayfox, no, you did not offend anybody. Putting pictures up on forum is to invite responses; good, bad or plain neutral.

Can we offer a feeble excuse to put this set of prints up? And that is, the steam engine was a key driver of the industrial revolution and we celebrate this by putting up prints of the London and NorthEast Railway. The time when this set of prints was commissioned is also in the modern era. So this set of prints kinda tie in the industrial look with the modern furniture.

Hahahaha! See! I said it was a feeble excuse. So you are probably right. To some (many, perhaps), this set of prints totally seemed out of placed. One man's poison is another's meat. So, no offence taken. Probably should thank you for you honesty. :D

nice house. love the prints but i think placing them lower would make things more... balanced? not to mention better ergonomics for people other than yao ming. :)

BTW, may I know where you got your noguchi table?

Edited by tomasulu

It's true that the prints seem to be hung a little too high... but how did you get them hung so neatly? That takes quite a bit of skill!

nice house. love the prints but i think placing them lower would make things more... balanced? not to mention better ergonomics for people other than yao ming. :)

BTW, may I know where you got your noguchi table?

the repro was purchased from Lush. :P

hmmm, I think the camera distorted the perspective. The distance isn't that great. A person of average height, seated comfortably with hand stretched upwards will just about graze the bottom of the frames. Which was actually the logic we had when determining the height to hang the frames.