Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ymjp100

Aaab's Hjem

Thanks Kobelala. We continue to follow all the other EM reno t-blogs in here even after ours is done. Checking for inspirations :rolleyes: .....we would love to get the type of plants you bought :dribble: but unsure if we can keep them alive :unsure: .

Hi ymjp100, I was just updating on our t-blog that I've over watered the plants :o have stopped for 2 days now, you've said it, it's really pretty difficult to keep plants for novice... ..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think I have not seen any pictures of your kitchen yet! :)

But I noticed you have a bottom freezer fridge! :) Which is exactly what I was looking for. Is this the Hitachi R-S37SYPS?? If not, which brand and model issit? How is it so far???

Also what model is your oven? Looks like a Bosch but I may be wrong. :)

Thank mate for the kind reply.

Haha...understand....u know where selling good carpet. I'm not Ikea person..coz their things nice to look from FAR ONLY. Quality terrible.

I actually referring to the basin n tap below. Where u get it from & cost? Also like to ask where u got ur lamps from. All looks very nice. I liked the "rambuttan" lookalike lamp. Sorry for the long question. :)

P6126509.JPG

i pm-ed you the information you requested about the basin and tap in the masterbed room toilet.

I think I have not seen any pictures of your kitchen yet! :)

But I noticed you have a bottom freezer fridge! :) Which is exactly what I was looking for. Is this the Hitachi R-S37SYPS?? If not, which brand and model issit? How is it so far???

Also what model is your oven? Looks like a Bosch but I may be wrong. :)

Hitachi R-S37SVS is a 3-door fridge with the freezer at the bottom. the rationale is to place the most used sections of the fridge at a comfortable height. So if you seldom access the freezer, having it at the bottom makes sense. we bought this fridge because it was slim (relatively) and not too big. If we find it too small, we can probably replace it with something bigger in 10 years time.

The oven is from Rinnai. Model RBO-7MSO, which was bought as a package together with the hob (RB-3Si) and hood (RH-Katana, which is angled 45 degrees so that I will not knock my head against the hood).

I take this as a hint I should post some pics of the kitchen? :P

Hitachi R-S37SVS is a 3-door fridge with the freezer at the bottom. the rationale is to place the most used sections of the fridge at a comfortable height. So if you seldom access the freezer, having it at the bottom makes sense. we bought this fridge because it was slim (relatively) and not too big. If we find it too small, we can probably replace it with something bigger in 10 years time.

The oven is from Rinnai. Model RBO-7MSO, which was bought as a package together with the hob (RB-3Si) and hood (RH-Katana, which is angled 45 degrees so that I will not knock my head against the hood).

I take this as a hint I should post some pics of the kitchen? :P

Yes, more pictures please. I really like your living room and balcony (and actually the bedrooms too), so the kitchen must be as nice. :)

My same rationale with getting a bottom freezer fridge. My hubby and I are rabbits, and we love our salads, so having the vegetable compartment at waist level is my preference. Also I dun understand why I have to bend down to get my milk or my cheese or drinks etc, should be at a level we are comfortable with. :) Who opens the freezer more often than the fridge anyway??

We are more or less decided on the Hitachi 3-door fridge now. :)

Looks like the EM we are purchasing has a similar layout as yours. I really like your interior design. So much character. :thumbs up:

How long did it take for the start till the end of the renovation?

The problem was that the balcony door could not clear the grass i.e. we could not open the balcony doors fully.

Will you have a similar problem like ours? If your balcony doors are the sliding type (ours are folding type), you will not face the same problem as us.

What are your consideration points? Maintenance? Aesthetics? Cost? Ease of installation? :sport-smiley-018:

Hi ymjp

Your home has a very clean and cosy look :). nice colour combi too! I am considering faux grass for my balcony too, however my main concern is maintenance. I read that you vacuum the faux grass (I am V lazy, manually vacuuming sounds tough to me), you mentioned can spray water, wont water "hide" under the grass and takes forever to dry? May I know the cost for your size? so i can estimate for mine, thanks!

Yes, more pictures please. I really like your living room and balcony (and actually the bedrooms too), so the kitchen must be as nice. :)

My same rationale with getting a bottom freezer fridge. My hubby and I are rabbits, and we love our salads, so having the vegetable compartment at waist level is my preference. Also I dun understand why I have to bend down to get my milk or my cheese or drinks etc, should be at a level we are comfortable with. :) Who opens the freezer more often than the fridge anyway??

We are more or less decided on the Hitachi 3-door fridge now. :)

Lately, we were both rather busy and couldn't find the time to get the kitchen to "show flat" condition. The pictures of the kitchen will have to wait...

Having an ice dispenser on our fridge would be great but can only dream. Fisher & Paykel does a neat fridge with ice dispenser that does not sacrifice space behind the door.

So you have bought yours?

Looks like the EM we are purchasing has a similar layout as yours. I really like your interior design. So much character. :thumbs up:

How long did it take for the start till the end of the renovation?

Hello incubator! We were having some repairs and restoration done today by our ID's workers today when our new neighbours dropped by to say hello and for a look-see. It couldn't be you, could it?

Thank you for the compliment. :D There are prints waiting to be framed and put up, a few choice pieces of furniture to buy/replace.....so it is an on-going process. tuzki-bunny-emoticon-016.gif

If you take care to design your own place to suit yourself and your lifestyle, it will develop a unique character too!

But for the bulk of the work, it took about 2-3 months at a leisurely pace. We didn't rush our ID.

Hi ymjp

Your home has a very clean and cosy look :). nice colour combi too! I am considering faux grass for my balcony too, however my main concern is maintenance. I read that you vacuum the faux grass (I am V lazy, manually vacuuming sounds tough to me), you mentioned can spray water, wont water "hide" under the grass and takes forever to dry? May I know the cost for your size? so i can estimate for mine, thanks!

Thank you for the compliments. We were thinking our decor may not have enough "cosy look" so we are glad you feel that way. :yamseng:

the grass can optionally be placed atop of a layer of drainage cells that is about an inch thick. the cells are like the anti-slip mats you see in certain public pools and shower rooms. the drainage cells allow the water (or rain) to drain downwards and so the top dries faster while the water underneath drains normally towards the sewage outlet as it should on your balcony.

i think it would be best to check out the price with the suppliers. do measure the dimensions of your own balcony before asking for a quote. there is a wide-ranging variety of artificial grass with different price points. quality does come at a price. so some leg-work is needed and you ought to go out there and test how the grass feels under your feet. :sport-smiley-018:

google "artificial turf singapore" and you can find a number of relevant hits. :good: happy hunting!

Hello incubator! We were having some repairs and restoration done today by our ID's workers today when our new neighbours dropped by to say hello and for a look-see. It couldn't be you, could it?

Thank you for the compliment. :D There are prints waiting to be framed and put up, a few choice pieces of furniture to buy/replace.....so it is an on-going process. tuzki-bunny-emoticon-016.gif

If you take care to design your own place to suit yourself and your lifestyle, it will develop a unique character too!

But for the bulk of the work, it took about 2-3 months at a leisurely pace. We didn't rush our ID.

No lah, not me. :lol: But if you invite me, then I will be thick skinned and go look see look see.

I am slowly getting ideas since not even first appointment yet. Sigh. Dunno must wait how long then can take key and start Reno. With 2 kids (including a toddler), I think I will need a home that is easy to maintain.

At the moment, I can only think of one thing to invest in: the irobot! :P

Nice! Can you pls show us more pics? (M a greedy gal!) Say comparison of the daylight with curtains drawn/open. Actually I'll be quite happy to see more of other spots too. :sport-smiley-004:

We haven't gotten round to taking pictures of the kitchen but here's the comparison of the amount of daylight with curtains and without.

IMG_0893.JPG

This is what the stairwell looks with maximum natural light.

IMG_0895.JPG

And this is what it looks like with minimum natural light. Should not have used "Auto ISO" setting....the difference is not as apparent here.