Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
csingeu

Our Lil Paradise

Csingeu, can pm me the quote for your balcony wooden folding door and the contact. Thanks.

the balcony doors are solid nyatoh wooden door with glass (not too sure how thick; and it's definitely not tempered) - $3,025.

I suppose you can request for tempered glass... prob with a little bit more top-up...

I guess if it's aluminium framed... it's prob half the price... sliding doors would be cheaper...

I'll check out the contractor and update later tonight.

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

the balcony doors are solid nyatoh wooden door with glass (not too sure how thick; and it's definitely not tempered) - $3,025.

I suppose you can request for tempered glass... prob with a little bit more top-up...

I guess if it's aluminium framed... it's prob half the price... sliding doors would be cheaper...

I'll check out the contractor and update later tonight.

Thanks.

Thanks. My id quoted 4.8 k for mine. (vomit blood) what's your door length?

Hey hock!

It's 3600mm (L) x 2100mm (H). Some Lee Seng blah blah... Just now I went up to my unit. But forgot to take pic.

glad to see progress for your reno.. though as you pointed out, some not really done nicely.

nvm, take note of those, one shot ask ur ID/contractor to rectify, if not hold back last payment. :P

hmm.. as for the painting, darker shade definitely can bring out the contrast.

similar shade good in the sense, it makes the area bright and big. :)

good and bad la. :)

Hey potatoes!

I wouldn't want to share who's my contractor la... coz seriously, I'm not very pleased with him... but I think I'm too nice & soft to have things my way...

I rather you take on some of the other contractors/IDs recommended by other forummers, such as Henry (marshmallow's, friends78's, etc), Donny (mae29's, st96's, etc)...

If u want to know who he is to avoid him, I can PM you la... LOL...

as for the design, it's mainly my own inputs, with suggestions and research from renotalk and magazines... (can check out Aaan's Hjiem)... so I won't credit my contractor/ID for that too...

Hi Bro, cheer up! Can see that u are very disappointed with your contractor but look at the brighter side.. Things are moving and falling in place... U will be enjoying your fruits of labour in no time. So not that bad lah... I feel that as long as the contractor is still willing to rectify and keep thing moving... it is kind of relief already.. Saw horror stories about contractors doing disappearing acts upon receiving payment or half done jobs... So I guess we are very fortunate if we can get a complete house... Poor workmanship, attitude still can work it up...So must stay happy and cheerful:) Jia You! :thumbs up:

Hey hock!

It's 3600mm (L) x 2100mm (H). Some Lee Seng blah blah... Just now I went up to my unit. But forgot to take pic.

Ok bro, nvm. Nice nice folding door

Csingeu,I agree with friends78 that u shouldn't give up on ur contractor. Tell them what u want and insist that u want them to rectify their mistakes. I think everything should work out fine.

Remember, ultimately u r the one who will pay the Reno cost.

bro, no need to present the photos nicely la, save your time and just put up here will do~ haha :)

glad to see progress for your reno.. though as you pointed out, some not really done nicely.

nvm, take note of those, one shot ask ur ID/contractor to rectify, if not hold back last payment. :P

hmm.. as for the painting, darker shade definitely can bring out the contrast.

similar shade good in the sense, it makes the area bright and big. :)

good and bad la. :)

we had the same struggle for wall colours too, want darker "feature" wall colour for contrast but scared will be too dark etc... in the end, we decided which room we want it dark (e.g. MBR) and have the dark contrasting wall there. then for living room we figured it's more important to look bright and big, so we choose a colour that is less contrasting :)

Hi Bro, cheer up! Can see that u are very disappointed with your contractor but look at the brighter side.. Things are moving and falling in place... U will be enjoying your fruits of labour in no time. So not that bad lah... I feel that as long as the contractor is still willing to rectify and keep thing moving... it is kind of relief already.. Saw horror stories about contractors doing disappearing acts upon receiving payment or half done jobs... So I guess we are very fortunate if we can get a complete house... Poor workmanship, attitude still can work it up...So must stay happy and cheerful:) Jia You! :thumbs up:

well said, my long-lost sis :lol: sometimes it just didn't occur to us that we are very fortunate if we can get a complete house? looking at the bright side is good, and actually helps to get things done cos no one likes to work with a grumpy person~ :D

btw, csingeu, your balcony door looks nice... i think it's suitable for your resort theme~ looking forward to party at your place leh~ :lol:

btw, csingeu, your balcony door looks nice... i think it's suitable for your resort theme~ looking forward to party at your place leh~ :lol:

:sport-smiley-004: agree agree....

UPDATES! (Day 58 - 31 May 2011)

I was informed that the electrician was going to install the lights on Mon; and I was so excited after work to pop by to see... but think he only did the prep work; most of the lights were still not connected yet. and I sort of gotten a "scolding" from my dad regarding the balcony doors, which he felt that it was very filmsy and totally not security-proof. i guess this is common for top-hung only doors. maybe i should have opted for top & bottom track kind... oh well...

and he also highlighted some concerns, which cleong has raised, i.e. the gap between the floor and the doors are too big; the rain water will definitely come in... I'll prob have to look at the brush-like thing to be installed underneath to keep out the dust and rainwater...

anyway, just want to quickly update some of the pics on the lightings, which I took last night, with my lousy iPhone 3GS.

Entrance light

entrance%20lighting.JPG

it's quite a simple ceiling light... pretty bright, but it's just a small area la...

supposed to be warm white...

Dining Room

dining%20room%20lighting.JPG

I love the warm white cove lighting! :D (until i have to clean up the "dirt", dust", lizards' poo hidden inside there :P)

Breakfast Counter

breakfast%20counter%20lighting.JPG

one of the 2 areas with track lightings...

if I'm not wrong, it's currently using the halogen lights now...

i think track lighting offers great flexibility to scale up (add or remove lights); adjust position (u can shift it along the track; but mine's only a 1-m track); or to adjust direction (msot act as some sort of spotlight).

as the current fixture is square, instead of the round ones i've ordered, i'll be changing them this sat.

the halogen bulbs will also be changed to warm white LED 4-W lights too. :)

Living room

living%20room%20lighting.JPG

warm white cove lighting here too, but it will have 2 daylight downlights at the tv console area, infront of the projector screen, in case i need to fiddle with the HTS and gadgets.

Balcony]

balcony%20lighting.JPG

The 2 balcony outdoor lights are up; and they really light up the whole place; a bit too bright, i feel, if it's meant to create a more cosy feel. but i guess, it will be useful to have bright lights, in case, i decide to have a mini-bbq at the balcony. hehehe...

btw, both lights are controlled by 1 switch now; which is dumb. i've informed the electrician to change it to individual switches.

UPDATES! (Day 58 - 31 May 2011)

Staircase wall light

staircase%20from%20ground%20level.JPG

... from the ground level...

staircase%20from%20level%202.JPG

... from the level 2...

i think it's too bright to see clearly the wall light... it's more of a uplight with frosted glass body... with a 2x 26W tube or so... quite bright... very bright actually...

was initially considering between this and another up & downlight design (which was cheaper)... but decided to get this, coz the design is supposedly from Spain... oh well...

didn't bother to take the lights in the other rooms... coz it was normal hamburger ceiling lights...

actually, the electrican just called to inform.

1. 2 x T5 fixture/holder, from Chan Huat was faulty.

2. 2 x T5 lighting missing for my MBR (i guess for my MBR, it was maybe 8 x T5, instead of 6 x T5)

3. the tubes for the downlights are too big... either that, or my electrican's not sure how to fix it... i better go home and check the downlights again... SIGH... big SIGH...

that's it for all...

acid wash tomorrow, followed by kitchen cabinet installation on Fri... maybe i really didn't need to postpone my furniture delivery til end-Jun... OH WELL...

Edited by csingeu

Nice cove lighting at dining area. Thx for reminding me as I now need to consider the dirt, dust and lizard poo issues on the areas ...... Is it easy to change these lightings if they fuse?

Relax bro, mistakes here and there should be ok so long as they can be fixed. It's all part of the reno process.

You're dealing with many people and miscomm can happen along any part of the line.

Can imagine your bbq efforts there. ha.. but be careful of the soot, may darken your exterior walls.

Nice cove lighting at dining area. Thx for reminding me as I now need to consider the dirt, dust and lizard poo issues on the areas ...... Is it easy to change these lightings if they fuse?

I haven't started using them as of now...

as for the cleaning part... think i'll ignore it... and prob only clean once or max twice a yr.. LOL... (lazy me...) or when the lights get dimmer (either the bulb going "weak" or it's covered with thick layer of dust...) LOL...

I think changing the T5 tube or the fuse should not be too difficult... just a little twisting of the tube... i've changed them before in my current place...

Can imagine your bbq efforts there. ha.. but be careful of the soot, may darken your exterior walls.

i'm thinking of electric grilles, rather than traditional charcoal BBQ... think my wife will kill me for "smoking" the whole place...

i hope the "smoke" will be less... but there's definitely still going to have some grease here and there...