Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
csingeu

Our Lil Paradise

Huh, your ID run out of pipe ?. Cold water has to go to storage water heater upstairs so hot water can come down also with another pipe using same route. Very strange. I can guarantee it can be done and it would be fine if connected in a sensible way. Would be interested what excuse your ID gave ?. Can even wire the power switch for two points if needed like the light switch up and down stairs.

RB

I did argue with him about this..but he did show me the hole size done by HDB 25yrs ago..is **** small and only 1 pipe able to go thru. It is possible to make another hole but I will be hold resposible if there is a leakage due to the water proofing.. so..to avoid more headache/heartache & stress..:rofl: I go with the flow

1 more thing which I find ridiculous is the water flow..If smone using the shower..the rest of the water to others area will be **** small/little? :bangwall: I always find this irritating..& got to know that is the maximum turn on :furious:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

regarding the hot water pipe to the kitchen,

i also had my regret after i bought a kitchen tap for hot and cold water (online).

by then, the floor and tiling works are done, so it was quite impossible to drill a new hole for the hot pipe down. i think it will seriously damage the waterproofing membrane.

if i had specified it upfront, i'm sure my contractor/plumber would have make allowance for 2 pipes (cold water up, and hot water down).

oh well...

I did argue with him about this..but he did show me the hole size done by HDB 25yrs ago..is **** small and only 1 pipe able to go thru. It is possible to make another hole but I will be hold resposible if there is a leakage due to the water proofing.. so..to avoid more headache/heartache & stress..:rofl: I go with the flow

1 more thing which I find ridiculous is the water flow..If smone using the shower..the rest of the water to others area will be **** small/little? :bangwall: I always find this irritating..& got to know that is the maximum turn on :furious:

Ok so you chose not to do a second hole. First hole works for waterproof, second should be fine as long as contractor knows their job.

Two heaters will be simpler but more expensive. You will not get a water pressure drop if sink and shower is in use apart from on the cold water flow.

RB

Updates! (Day 66 - 8 Jun 2011)

Hey 666! This is for you...

today's post is not so much as to show new progress (in fact, nothing much is done today)...

but to answer the question on the aircon trunking...

not the best way to do it... but it's how it's done for my place... oh well...

Aircon trunking above the toilet door on the bedroom side

01%20Aircon%20trunking%20above%20toilet%20door.JPG

the wall between the toilet and the bedroom door is reinforced concrete wall, based on the floor plan. so there's no way to punch through it (legally)...

hence the trunking has to skirt on the outside, or otherwise the fancoil unit should be placed on the other wall (mentioned in my previous post), if you do not want the trunking to be like that...

Aircon trunking through the original hole in the wall into the toilet

02%20Aircon%20trunking%20through%20the%20toilet%20door%20wall.JPG

my hand is placed on the toilet entrance, just comparison of the thickness of the toilet wall. i have regular sized hands...

the wall thickness is quite standard... i think it's at least a 12-15 cm thick.

Aircon trunking running above the toilet door inside the toilet

03%20Aircon%20trunking%20behind%20the%20toilet%20door.JPG

The pipe going down on the right side, is actually the drainage pipe for the fancoil unit in the MBR room.

Aircon drainage pipes

04%20Aircon%20drainage%20pipes.JPG

The one from the right came from the fancoil unit in MBR. It barely goes under the very short kerb from the bedroom.

The one from the left came from the 2 other fancoil units in the common bedrooms.

Updates! (Day 66 - 8 Jun 2011)

Boxed-up waste pipes

05%20Waste%20pipe%20box-up.JPG

unlike 666's, my waste pipes are in the mid portion of the toilet wall.

as it's quite close to the wall, there was no way the 4" trunking can go in between.

hence for the boxed-up part, there is actually no trunking, just the aircon pipes.

Aircon trunking through the toilet wall

06%20Aircon%20trunking%20through%20the%20toilet%20wall.JPG

the trunking goes thru the wall to the outside...

while a thinner trunking, carrying the drainage pipe, goes downwards...

Aircon trunking underneath the beam, along the level 2 walkway

07%20Aircon%20trunking%20underneath%20the%20beam.JPG

this part is pretty standard. using the old path, it reaches the common bedroom 2...

that's it for the aircon trunking. :)

Last quick update on the progress...

Ring handle for the storage door

08%20Ring%20handle%20for%20storage%20door.JPG

the bulky round knob is finally replaced with the ring handle...

i would have preferred a tic-tac door though. oh well...

Thanks cs for your effort,

I juz looked thru ur pic, ur bathroom got a smaller side wall, mine definitely thicker, dont have a suitable pic to show u..

Maybe tomorrow i place my palm there & take pic to compare... Haha.

Updates! (Day 67 - 09 Jun 2011)

Partial installation of solid surface top for the kitchen counter top

01%20White%20solid%20surface%20top.JPG

hmmm...

I'm not too sure what to say abt this...

apparently, there are 3 pieces to be joined. the last piece was taken back to the factory, as the measurement was kind of "off", and the worker informed his boss to come down to see, and I think they took it back.

for the 2 other pieces, i think the holes have been cut. but somehow the joints do not seem to align properly, i'm leaving it to my contractor and the installer/supplier to sort it out.

as long as it is installed and delivered properly in the end.

oh well...

somehow, i foresee that there might be problems installing the solid surface top for the vanity counter of the common bathroom...

let's see how it goes... :dunno:

Edited by csingeu

eh...

the projector and HTS are from my own budget... not part of the renovation budget... :(

she would rather i save the money for the bridal package or wedding lunch package next yr...

maybe having a projector is not the most practical (or necessary) thing to have at home (given that the cost of changing the bulbs every few years can be costly)... but it's a toy, i can't resist not to have...

she told her friends abt me splurging on these "unneeded" items... instead of getting support from her friends... they are actually excited to come over to watch movies and stuff when it's up...

my sis was asking me to subscribe to MIO TV so that, that she & her hubby can popped by to watch EPL or so (btw, i'm not a soccer fan)...

:P

LOL looks like all the friends are on your side.... good chance to slowly "converting" your wife to like the HTS too.... :P

btw, my advice for bridal package is... get a practical choice (read: cheap) and resist spending $ on topping up. i know so many ppl spending $1 or 2k to buy so many photos and the whole album only stay in store room right after the wedding day. also have seen many $3k package with gowns as pretty as $5k packages.... so do your research ya? it's tempting to spend a lot for the so-called "once in a life time" thing but this is not wise if one can look at it objectively~ :)

one thing i regretted not specifying upfront, was to have hot water piped to my kitchen tap... think that would be useful for cleaning stubborn stains...

it's okie la... my parents' place also doesn't have hot water going to kitchen tap, if they really need some hot water for washing stubborn stains, they just use the hot drinking water from our electric airpot... and this is usually only needed during winter (of course another thing is, it's really cold to wash dish with cold water in winter la! :P) in summer time, almost no need to use hot/warm water for washing~ :)

it's something that i think is good to have but can live without....

yah... actually lesson is: get the normal/common lights from the neighbourhood lighting shops ard your place.

certainly true man... LOL :lol:

btw, my advice for bridal package is... get a practical choice (read: cheap) and resist spending $ on topping up. i know so many ppl spending $1 or 2k to buy so many photos and the whole album only stay in store room right after the wedding day. also have seen many $3k package with gowns as pretty as $5k packages.... so do your research ya? it's tempting to spend a lot for the so-called "once in a life time" thing but this is not wise if one can look at it objectively~ :)

:bangwall::bangwall: I'm one of those who paid $3k extra for extra album of photos so that the sample photos plus negatives (My era still using negative not digital hor) were returned to me. AND the two big stupid albums are indeed stuck in the storeroom! I shd have used the $3k for LV or Chanel bag.... Sigh....Yes, wise advice... don't top up for extra photos... no point... I'm the big carrot who had been chopped by the bridal shop...

but due to the trunking, the door cannot close properly :bangwall:

and it was only resolved by getting my contractor to add a small support for the door stopper...

18%20Common%20room%202%20door%201.JPG

19%20Common%20room%202%20door%202.JPG

oh well...

you can find a magnetic door stop with a longer arm at most hardware shops. I had the same problem with the magnetic door stop provided by my contractor arising from the aircon trunking. So I took a trip to Balestier and found a magnetic door stop with a 6-inch (maybe 5-inch) arm. Problem solved without the support.

:D

I'd overlooked showing how I ran my aircon trunking - it was particularly difficult and convoluted how the previous owner had it run, and I could only slightly improve it:

IMG_7671.jpg

The trunking runs in low along the wall from the balcony mounted compressor, rising up next to the MBR toilet entrance to the MBR fancoil. It also splits up at the top of the doorway to serve the other two bedrooms:

IMG_7669.jpg

Showing the trunking running over the entrance along the wall. Only coolant pipes in there, because the drainpipes for the other two bedrooms run down from the white pipe you see to the left of the frame to the floortrap of the MBR

IMG_7676.jpg

The long run of trunking causes problems and has already leaked once. The installer came back and judged that it was a combination of renovation debris and the length of pipe causing the issue.

IMG_7677.jpg

Where possible the trunking is tucked under the crossbeams

I paid for our wedding out of my own pocket and with very little savings before moving to Singapore. Bearing in mind we had known each other for about 6 months before we got married and had only been together in the same country for about 1 month although the phone bills when we were apart were huge.

We ended up choosing a ROM buffet (Msonic club) for family and friends as the wedding was not the first for either of us so a banquet was deemed 'inappropriate'. It was fine and the service was around the side in a nice little private area.

For the wedding package we ended up with a 2k photography package and went all around Sentosa, by the colourful shop houses near the bridal shop, down by the Singapore river and finally got chased out of Chimes ;). We ordered one big album, one large picture for the wall, two small print albums for the parents. We topped up 1k for the extra prints we wanted but on the agreement that we would get a DVD with all the shots of the day. They were very resistant to this and at first only begrudgingly offered a DVD of the pics in the albums we had selected. After another 30 minutes of negotiation I finally put it to them.... We want a DVD of all the uneditied shots from the day (i.e. they do not have to process the shots to make them look better, just want the shots straight as they come from the camera), the extra prints we selected, the two small, one big albums and the big picture. We would pay 3k only for those and if they would not give us the DVD we would get the 2K only standard package and nothing else. After back and forth for the 10th time to the boss they came back with a counter offer. If we agreed for them to use our shots for promotional photobooks we had a deal.

So we got our DVD of all the shots, got our books and wall hanging picture (which my wife now wishes to change) and ended up on some bridal shops demo photobooks :D. It was hard going though to get the DVD and took more than an hour of negotiating. I am not sure if the shops have loosened up on giving these out now.

RB

:bangwall::bangwall: I'm one of those who paid $3k extra for extra album of photos so that the sample photos plus negatives (My era still using negative not digital hor) were returned to me. AND the two big stupid albums are indeed stuck in the storeroom! I shd have used the $3k for LV or Chanel bag.... Sigh....Yes, wise advice... don't top up for extra photos... no point... I'm the big carrot who had been chopped by the bridal shop...

oh ya think most top up in the range of 2~3k... 1k only enough for ~12 photos :jawdrop:

another choice is go to JB bridal shop... same price but in Ringgit.... LOL :P

I paid for our wedding out of my own pocket and with very little savings before moving to Singapore. Bearing in mind we had known each other for about 6 months before we got married and had only been together in the same country for about 1 month although the phone bills when we were apart were huge.

We ended up choosing a ROM buffet (Msonic club) for family and friends as the wedding was not the first for either of us so a banquet was deemed 'inappropriate'. It was fine and the service was around the side in a nice little private area.

For the wedding package we ended up with a 2k photography package and went all around Sentosa, by the colourful shop houses near the bridal shop, down by the Singapore river and finally got chased out of Chimes ;). We ordered one big album, one large picture for the wall, two small print albums for the parents. We topped up 1k for the extra prints we wanted but on the agreement that we would get a DVD with all the shots of the day. They were very resistant to this and at first only begrudgingly offered a DVD of the pics in the albums we had selected. After another 30 minutes of negotiation I finally put it to them.... We want a DVD of all the uneditied shots from the day (i.e. they do not have to process the shots to make them look better, just want the shots straight as they come from the camera), the extra prints we selected, the two small, one big albums and the big picture. We would pay 3k only for those and if they would not give us the DVD we would get the 2K only standard package and nothing else. After back and forth for the 10th time to the boss they came back with a counter offer. If we agreed for them to use our shots for promotional photobooks we had a deal.

So we got our DVD of all the shots, got our books and wall hanging picture (which my wife now wishes to change) and ended up on some bridal shops demo photobooks :D. It was hard going though to get the DVD and took more than an hour of negotiating. I am not sure if the shops have loosened up on giving these out now.

RB

nowadays the cheapest package i have heard is $2688~2788. pple typically pay about 2k to get all the unedited softcopies.

it's still the same... the shop will still try to persuade you to pay as much as possible... your negotiation of 1 hr is considered quite good liao. i know of pple who negotiated over repeated visits to the shop to achieve the same result :lol:

our strategy is to choose only 1~3 photos from the same background... one should be able to keep within the package number of photos with this strategy... cos even if you get all the softcopies back, you'd realise a lot of shots look repeated, so no point to pay so much for similar photos ;)

our strategy is to choose only 1~3 photos from the same background... one should be able to keep within the package number of photos with this strategy... cos even if you get all the softcopies back, you'd realise a lot of shots look repeated, so no point to pay so much for similar photos ;)

Yeah we did the same then threw the extra copies as the carrot then hit them with the stick 8| of take the carrot or get bare minimum. Luckily they liked my carrot so I could put the stick away.

Considering we don't usually do the whole wedding boutique thing in the west with the photos etc, it is a major expense above what we would already pay for a wedding. Worth it though as some of the photos are very nice.

RB