Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jeffcraze

Wat Are The Furnishings Required To Rent Out Room?

Hi,

Has no experience in renting out a room, thus am seeking the advises of u guys on the basic furnishings tat one has to have in a room for rental.

Thanx in advance! :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Has no experience in renting out a room, thus am seeking the advises of u guys on the basic furnishings tat one has to have in a room for rental.

usually: bed, table, chair, wardrobe. all basic simple ones will do.

misc: mattress, fan - you can ask tenant if they will use their own one or not.

sometimes, got tenants even bring their own furniture (e.g. bed) :jawdrop: but this is relatively rare lah.

I providing air-con, so need to get fan?

Bed, as in bedframe only, izzit? :unsure:

I was thinking of gg those furniture shops to get those one set type, dunno got include matteress or not.. :P

I providing air-con, so need to get fan?

Bed, as in bedframe only, izzit? :unsure:

I was thinking of gg those furniture shops to get those one set type, dunno got include matteress or not.. :P

tenant(s) may not want to use the aircon mah... :)

i think those bedroom set like what you mentioned will be good enough... no frills one will do ;)

mattress, you should provide though it doesn't mean that your tenant will use.... my hubby ended up getting his own mattress cos his landlord one was in really bad condition....... :rolleyes:

Hi,

i provided all 2nd hand but gd conditon furnitures to my tenant. basic furnishing wardrobe bed frame plus mattress, fan, a small table ples chair. nowadays tenants usually need table n chair to do their work or eat. usually when tenants agree to rent the room they will request wat they need.. like ironing board.. small cabinet.. depends on their needs.

Hi,

Basic: Bedframe, Wardrobe

Others better to provide upon request, different tenant will request for different things

I rent a room in my house that I live and pay a Mortgage on.. we share all common areas. she just lost her job and will be getting her rent paid by social services, will I get taxed on this money? I do not think the rent checks come to me, but I did fill out a landlord statement.

[remove advertising URL]

I rent a room in my house that I live and pay a Mortgage on.. we share all common areas. she just lost her job and will be getting her rent paid by social services, will I get taxed on this money? I do not think the rent checks come to me, but I did fill out a landlord statement.

[remove advertising URL]

Ur rental income will be taxed so long as u receive the income. Regardless of source/s of the rental income. U could confirm this with IRAS.