Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
friends78

王俯: The Wong's Family @ Boon Keng

I like your fridge!!! Just that my main door is too small so cannot get this French door type.

Where is royal fanco? Maybe i should go have a look too

Btw what is ballast?

Edited by May_dream1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I like your fridge!!! Just that my main door is too small so cannot get this French door type.

Btw what is ballast?

Royal fanco is at Jelan Besar . A very popular shop at renotalk too .

Personally , I never visit b4 ... so take this chance to take a look what they are selling actually :P

Ballast is a electronic device inside the light to switch on yr light tube .

Very busy week... Work plus baby also sick... Heng now better..at least me and hubby can concentrate on reno stuff....

Sat 12 Feb 2011: Met my brother aka Supersimon to buy my sanitary stuff and lightings... Three of us (incl my hubby) met around 12 noon to start our day... We walked to Poh Joo Hardware as our first stop. Poh Joo has a very wide range of selection... The person who served us was very helpful and friendly..even when we told her that we will need to go a few shops later to compare prices, she still served us with great patience. Thumb up for great service! Maybe due to the fact that Poh Joo is very popular, there were also quite a no of out of stock when my brother specifically described the designs he wanted.

Then we walked to Lighting.com.sg to see the lights... I wld say the range is quite limited but okie lah... I need cheap lighting anyway... However, I still can't find the perfect dining light that has the punch! So we didn't confirm on lighting... I think most likely I will go back to purchase the downlight, bedroom and kitchen light. I was quoted $33 for each Philips downlight (without ballast). If any kind soul got a cheaper quote, please pm me the store and price... Thks in advance!

Finally, we went to Royal Fanco to check out the sanitary stuff again. Not much of good impression cos the store is so small and cramped! Not much of stuff on display either....BUT the boss Henry and the lady who served us are very knowledgeable. Actually, they carry a lot of brands.. The tap, mixer they recommended seems very solid and are very heavy.. Maybe due to the prolong standing and walking... I decided to buy most of the stuff from Royal Fanco. I also bought my WCs, sink and basins there. Total damage is around $2k... Sigh... these are 'hidden costs' of reno... Few small small items can rank up to thousands too...

Sun 13 Feb 2011: Went *spam to get my KDK ceiling fan... then thru talking to the staff, decided to get fridge from them. This is my fridge: Hitachi R-W691EMS!

http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/products...s.aspx?oid=2909

Okie... got to sleep... so tired... and many special thanks to my dearest brother who spent so much time with me:)

i've gotten my philips downlight (2 tubes) at $27 each and i think there should be even cheaper ones around... but maybe your downlight size is different? hmmmm.

i also got my kitchen and toilet stuff from Royal Fanco, the shop has nothing much on display, but they are like Doraemon... :lol: once you tell them what you want, they will take out the items one by one from their storeroom, even help you do mix-and-match of the items hahahahaha :) yup agree that the bosses are very nice pple :)

I got my lightings from Palace Light (Balestier), along the same side of the road as the balestier plaza, after the famous chicken rice, near a junction. My downlights completed with a white 4-5" frame cost $18 each. I bought 16 of them

i've gotten my philips downlight (2 tubes) at $27 each and i think there should be even cheaper ones around... but maybe your downlight size is different? hmmmm.

i also got my kitchen and toilet stuff from Royal Fanco, the shop has nothing much on display, but they are like Doraemon... :lol: once you tell them what you want, they will take out the items one by one from their storeroom, even help you do mix-and-match of the items hahahahaha :) yup agree that the bosses are very nice pple :)

Yr type is the one with ballast ? I think different design . Cos the one my Sis chose seem to run with only 1 tube instead if 2 . But it's very bright and save energy as compare to the 2 tube type .

Got photo to show ? Then we can compare

I got my lightings from Palace Light (Balestier), along the same side of the road as the balestier plaza, after the famous chicken rice, near a junction. My downlights completed with a white 4-5" frame cost $18 each. I bought 16 of them

$18 is with 1 or 2 bulbs in each downlight? the shop i went to also has downlight at $18 but only 1 bulb each downlight. the $27 one has 2 bulbs each downlight.

$18 is with 1 or 2 bulbs in each downlight? the shop i went to also has downlight at $18 but only 1 bulb each downlight. the $27 one has 2 bulbs each downlight.

$18 should be normal downlight . I am very sure for this . Not the philips type. Ha.

Yr 27 one I'm not too sure .

$18 should be normal downlight . I am very sure for this . Not the philips type. Ha.

Yr 27 one I'm not too sure .

with ballast is the one with this cylindrical thing with the bulb one is it? think mine don't have, let me check at home :) mine is using Philips bulbs, but if you mean even the case itself is from Philips, then i dunno liao :lol:

they showed me a few types but the one with one bulb one all look very small to me, so i got the bigger one with two bulbs :lol: but yea even the one bulb type they have from very cheap to very ex. think cheapest one even less than $18.

i went to the shop twice. first time, uncle boss quoted something like $27 (actually i can't quite remember). i left.

few weeks later, went back to same shop. didn't see uncle boss so talked to a lady staff instead:

me: how much is this downlight?

staff: $32.

me: wah so ex. last time i came the price given to me was lower.

staff: who quoted you?

me: an uncle, thin one...

staff: oh, how much he quoted?

me: $27 i think...

staff: ok $27 then.

Btw what is ballast?

I wanted Samsung fridge but fell in luv with this beauty when *spam recommended it. The sales person claimed that can dismantle the doors to go in my flat leh when I also express my concern of not being able to fit thru my main door... Royal fanco is just slightly opp a two storey food centre.. Nothing much to see... if not for my bro's recommendation, I will not even step in the shop... Anyway, I very cheapo one... not willing to spend more than $80 on tap, $200 on WC and $150 on basis... If u are looking for 'branded' stuff, maybe not suitable... Ballast as explained by my bro...

Personally , I never visit b4 ... so take this chance to take a look what they are selling actually :P

Win liao... Use my $$$ to see see look look...

I like to way to describe Royal Fanco. Yeah.. Doraemon...

Thks. will also get them to quote for my particular model. I think I need to buy 16 too... Can save a lot....

I wanted Samsung fridge but fell in luv with this beauty when *spam recommended it. The sales person claimed that can dismantle the doors to go in my flat leh when I also express my concern of not being able to fit thru my main door... Royal fanco is just slightly opp a two storey food centre.. Nothing much to see... if not for my bro's recommendation, I will not even step in the shop... Anyway, I very cheapo one... not willing to spend more than $80 on tap, $200 on WC and $150 on basis... If u are looking for 'branded' stuff, maybe not suitable... Ballast as explained by my bro...

As i know, for french door, there is a certain part of the doors that cannot be dismantled. but he is confirmed it can go through, then should be fine loh. hehehehe... your flat is not as old as mine so your main door might be bigger so not a problem.

when are you moving in? we are quite near to each other. :)

Now i feel so cheated.... the downlights i bought was more more ex than whatever you all stated here leh. sob sob....

Aiyah...go with ID/Contractor is like that wan.. They sure must earn a bit here and there wan...That's y my bro said don't go with Henry... Go alone to bargain shamelessly... But on a brighter note, your ID will really take care everything swee swee for u since he recommended it.. He will ensure that your lights is in perfect working cond... u save on time for going here and there if there's defect....

As i know, for french door, there is a certain part of the doors that cannot be dismantled. but he is confirmed it can go through, then should be fine loh. hehehehe... your flat is not as old as mine so your main door might be bigger so not a problem.

when are you moving in? we are quite near to each other. :)

I'm targetting end Mar... if i can settle my furniture... yesterday went S&C... Think hubby prefer Hommage.. This weekend it's Hommage again..

Aiyah...go with ID/Contractor is like that wan.. They sure must earn a bit here and there wan...That's y my bro said don't go with Henry... Go alone to bargain shamelessly... But on a brighter note, your ID will really take care everything swee swee for u since he recommended it.. He will ensure that your lights is in perfect working cond... u save on time for going here and there if there's defect....

I'm targetting end Mar... if i can settle my furniture... yesterday went S&C... Think hubby prefer Hommage.. This weekend it's Hommage again..

that's why i just chose to go to the lighting shop right downstairs of my house. true enough, one of the bulbs was faulty... just went downstairs to get it changed immediately. :)

anyway, hommage is nearer to your place mah... just go there ba :)

i don't mind them earning a bit lah... but seem like a lot if most of you can get it for less than $30 or even $20. but for sanitary ware, i plan to go by myself cos the one that my contractor brought me to, didn't pass my min standard.

i keep on forgetting to go hommage. ordered something but didn't go pay for it yet. hope he still keep it for me.

then after you move in, maybe i can go look look see see.... hehehehe.....

that's why i just chose to go to the lighting shop right downstairs of my house. true enough, one of the bulbs was faulty... just went downstairs to get it changed immediately. :)

anyway, hommage is nearer to your place mah... just go there ba :)

Clever ger! Come to think about it, yah... the savings might not be enough to compensate the time/$$ spent in exchanging... Imagine u need to travel from your place to Balestier just to change a bulb, I think I wld throw it away... Heng I'm so near both Jalan B and Balestier:) Yah.. need to order from Hommage this week liao... if not cannot make it on time for end March delivery...